rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

Never mind, I see Camilo did find the YouTube link!

Obbzy_XR_ likes this.
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Round 2 continues to heat up.

Median lap time is 1:38.35 for 417 entrants .
    • From 1:37 to 1:39, there are 112 people (26.9% of total).
    • The large quantity of people (70, 16.8% of total) well below the median in the 1:36s, continue to dominate the distribution.
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need to be below 1:35.50.
    • 14 people are in the 1:34s (3.4% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:34.43 to 1:35.13 and the gap is narrowing.
    • Still only 4 people from Silverstone's top 20 have yet to post times.
    upload_2017-8-13_19-40-44.png

Ho3n3r, Juergen-BY and babu76 like this.
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

Great Facebook presentation all , really the start to big things in simracing after the dubious start with the event in Vegas , professional and very well presented. I now know how I could have got into the 58's watching the track boundaries at Stowe etc ;)

Juergen-BY and patchedupdemon like this.
  4. demerzel

demerzel Registered

rF2 was on sale and due to this new people bought the game. They found out that despite the game has a new team for a year now the game is still not a coherent package. And in fact, as you said it's a beta. So they request a refund. No game sale, no DLC sale, no growth, no mystery here.

I don't really understand S397's strategy. Until May 1 it was fine since they posted monthly updates and done. And then on May 1 when a lot of goodies supposed to come they managed to release a beta version of the DX11 in an astonishingly shit state. You know 3-4 hotfix per day. We are in beta for 4 months now. Still no announced end of this beta.
    GUI is still nowhere. Radical was released in an incomplete state. Even they said that the wet tires will come. The reception of the car was controversial. Mclaren has released also in an incomplete state. And Zandvoort too. Why did they feel the need to label with a 0.2 version when they say on discord that they are happy with it? Wouldn't a 0.8, for example, would be better? So people would say: "hmm it's almost done but not quite there." instead they say: "yep 0.2 alpha.".
    To top this even the updated old contents are feeling incomplete. For example the Clio. Where the soft and hard tires are the old ones and the medium is the new tires. :D Or the updated Silverstone still using the old loading screen. But the new Zandvoort using the new loading screen.
    Some of the old content still in their old state and no word on them.

What they did in the last 4 month is basically they strengthen the opinion that rf2 is a big beta.
    Quite honestly, this is not how I imagined rf2 four months after May 1's patch.

On the bright side, It's 08.14 a few days later I guess we will get a new roadmap and hopefully it will clear things up.

Mulero, peterchen, jim jonez and 2 others like this.
  5. bwana

bwana Registered

Don't know why you bother with it ? Move on if you don't like it . Simple

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

liar

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Where do i see who's what pos atm?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You're displaying all the traits of someone who needs to play something else for a few months then come back later on, you're sounding very frustrated and it's pointless to get yourself all riled up over a computer game...really! Take some time out and come back another day when things are more "polished".

patchedupdemon and bwana like this.
  9. Week

Week Registered

Some tip to adjust lateral mirrors in the mclaren? I'm using shift+seat move but i can't have good view of the back. Mirrors don't show the back anyway.

10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

He's too cheap to buy another sim,and wants this one to go through an unrealistically fast development by a small team,with millions of content all for free.
    He doesn't understand s397s plan,that says it all,he knows nothing about producing a quality product and the time frame to achieve that,let alone the cost.

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Let me ask you this,in your world,what do think s397 should have accomplished in the little time they have been here,if it really is a year,do you just expect them to be able to jump in, and already be familiar with the software and all its bugs,do you expect there to be no learning curve for them,
    What would have pleased you,don't say free content we know that already

Oh a dx11 has been a god send for me since it's release,it worked way better than dx9 for me,but I guess the world revolves around you,so if it doesn't work better for you,you have the right to class it as a complete failour for everyone,smh

12. Jego

Jego Registered

Have not managed to get any good result with the mirrors in VR. They are zoomed in for me, and I can't zoom them out.

13. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

That has been my point in many of my posts, the game( will not )let me get anywhere near the limits of the track That I see on replays, similar to what is in this video... as I have also said, it does not matter for me as I am not that fast, but if someone that is fast was getting called for a track cut, like me,and then watches a replay of another guy getting away with a lot more, I can see how this could be a real problem. My comment was in regards to Rd 1 only.
    Rd2 seems to be very different in terms of track cut. Im not upset or anything, I just wanted to give me honest feedback. Cheers guys.
    Forgot to say, that it was a great presentation all in all....

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You have to move them a long way in VR to get them to a decent position I've found, annoyingly the recent update reset the mirrors so I had to do it again.

15. Jego

Jego Registered

I moved them in all directions until it did not go further.
    They are just too zoomed in. Is there a way to zoom the mirrors? I can move them up down left right, this I can do individual or both at the same time. I can set them up to point in the right direction but they are useless because I only see a very tiny spot, if for example a car is on the left side behind me I can only see the car hood.

16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Ctrl + shift + forward/aft seat controls to zoom mirrors in or out if I remember correctly.
    TK

Wand Villela likes this.
  17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Aaaand it happend again:
    A guy who is unhappy with the product and/or development is told to go away and is called cheap, childish and what not.
    Really no point in posting in this forum anymore as long as this fanboys are around who never accept another opinion then their ownes!

Davvid, Ho3n3r, demerzel and 3 others like this.
  18. Skandepik

Skandepik Registered

Yep..me and Lee Morris asked in the drivers briefing before qualifying what were the track boundaries at Stowe. I said here I saw some top 20 laps going beyond the green area. They replied that we must obey to the cut track system implemented and that they didn't have anyone to control our track boundaries.
    To be honest I didn't understand that by the picture they posted in the #wfg. But, if everyone knew this, maybe the top20 would be different though.

Juergen-BY and bwana like this.
  19. Jego

Jego Registered

Yes, this is not working for me, it's not changing anything.

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

oh it's not as bad as other forums, relax and add these guys to your ignore list ;)