rFactor 2 and McLaren - World’s Fastest Gamer!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 23, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

705 entrants ATM . No doubt plenty who havnt set a time , lets hope mp numbers reflect this surge of users ..

kantenflimmern and Kelju_K like this.
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Got the car today. even tough im not big fan of modern tintops, i was pleasently suprised by it.
    My biggest fear was that it wouldn't be challenging enough to keep me interested.
    Well... it kept me interested for roughly 100 laps today, as i was trying to get near the alien times. that in itself is allmost worth the fiver i paid for it:D
    started out with 2:07 first lap and got it to 2:01.588 (30 liter no aids) tonight at Fun2race#5 server.
    tomorrow im after 2:00.00 i know it's there for me, especially as i have ari to help me with setup as he's a wizard in setting a car ;)

ari said he got the realroad that is used in the competition so that's a good place to practice if you are in it. hope to see more people there. there is a 15 minute race in the server if you are interested in racing the car.

I think the car is best 397 car yet. definately not too easy to drive, which was my biggest fear.
    things are looking good for rf2 indeed. so buy the car and and get those guys at s397 their paycheck, they've earned it.

Korva7 and bwana like this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

Factoids as of a few minutes ago:
    • Median lap time (half the people above, half the people below) is 2:01.92 for 713 entrants.
    • From 2:01 to 2:03, there are 203 people (28.4% of total).
    • To be in the top 10% of total entrants, you need a 1:58.78 or lower.
    • 28 people are in the 1:57s (3.9% of total).
    • Top 20 are 1:57.44 to 1:57.88.
    There's a lot of leap frogging in the top 20, but it's by hundredths of a second rather than tenths now.

Guimengo, Ernie, Jego and 7 others like this.
  4. woochoo

woochoo Registered

nice stats :)

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

i want to start racing online , anyone got a server running ?

Alex72 likes this.
  6. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

omfg... He has videos up and he's claiming it's the games fault he drove into the pit lane at full speed... LOL xD Dirty pos cheater.

Wouldn't be surprised if everybody (or at least half the people) in the 1:57's are "exploiting track limits" also, until I see their lap replay, I would assume so. But I'm sure the devs are always looking at the replays of those who are in a position to qualify.

F1Aussie and bwana like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

Confirmed top 20 will be reviewed so top 40 in with a chance ;)

SL1DE likes this.
  8. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Mate we have a league running with the Mclaren. Checkout rF2 Asia on Facebook and Steam (i think yu know where to find us) First race is Sunday 10:00 UTC

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. The_Duke_ZA

The_Duke_ZA Registered

I race at http://simracing-gp.net/ - good place to join if you're looking for some online action.

Just had our 1st Mclaren "sprint" race last night. Open server, 29 cars.
    Was the cleanest open race I've ever seen, no doubt helped by WFG practice!

There's a few other series on the go as well, password protected, but easy to join.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

i cant get online often :(
    Thanks and i'll try to see you on track

Brack Jabham likes this.
  11. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

We are OK with casual drivers too. Just drop in when you can

2ndLastJedi and Alex72 like this.
  12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I never use aids but am not getting faster than 2:07 o_O
    Probably because I normally drive F1 mods and miss the downforce.
    Do like the car though even if it is understeering a lot, it can be cornered and controlled on the accelerator, a very well polished car (with a damn slow driver) !

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  13. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Push harder. Carry more speed. 195km/h into turn one cutting the apex with half your car, and floor it into two, brake late into 3, etc. 175 into Copse. And follow the dark racing line, that's where all the grip is, you'd be amazed by how much time you gain just by staying in it.

I was able to do a 2:03.0 on the default setup without touching anything except for the rear wing and tyre pressures. Started messing with more things and gained over 3 seconds since then, but you should be able to do a 2:03 on the default setup easy.

I've probably done over 200 laps these past few days lol. More than I've ever done before around Silverstone. I feel like this competition has made me better overall.

ceecee likes this.
  14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Practice and effort is the key for everything. The good thing about this type of competitions is that they make you find and go over your limits. It is very curious to see how easy it becomes to regularly drive laptimes that seemed impossible 100 laps before. The problem is that each tenth gets more and more expensive as you reach perfection.

It would be really could if McLaren could include a couple of their young promises like Lando Norris to see what time he gets. That would be really exciting!!!

SL1DE and marmagas like this.
  15. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Lando is here!!
    1.58.807!!
    It would be veryyyyy interesting to hear his feedback of this experience!!!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Emery, SPASKIS and SL1DE like this.
  16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I did my first day yesterday.
    Personally I think its really cool to see all the top guns from the various RF2 leagues in action in one car on one track for a change.
    The League community is normally so fractured. It a great event.
    Proud of course to see so many current and former Formula SimRacing drivers populating the top 20.

Also very excited about the news that Studio 397 is looking at ways to create a licensing/league ladder of officially recognised leagues. It's the one USP that iRacing has covered. IMO creating that type of real world career pipeline is a great initiative. Keen to hear more.

ceecee and bwana like this.
  17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

We had that race at good 'ol Silverstone last night yeah, mightily impressed with all racer's conduct, flawless.
    At 3:30 in the morning, just before hitting bed I thought I'd visit the competition to see what it's all about.
    Ended up being 3.5 secs faster than myself when I did my first practice session in this car at Silverstone, and I don't need to learn Silverstone.
    So myself of the past would be mightily impressed and slightly embarrassed by myself of the present and even more so with myself from the future, I'm sure.
    Learning the car and making adjustments is a step by step process, provided you never allow yourself to be psyched out by other people's performances for the duration.
    Some fast guy (Mikk!) was kind enough to post his fast setup on our voice channel long before I managed to be useful in the car.
    I can tell you I had a look but did not even turn a wheel in it, you have to make your own setup, there's no way around that.
    So you drive it, it's nice, how do you make it better when you have no idea what he is about and how his priorities when making changes.
    It would be a one-off for me.
    Must have a clear direction of how you want the car to behave and then slowly march towards that.
    Adjustments are simple enough, will not dare say easy because the amount of possible combinations is still off the roof.
    But starting with the basics should go a long way.
    I remember my Playstation days, I would get a Supra, put 1k BHP on it, choose a really cool track and then try to go as fast as possible day after day after day.
    So it's just a bit of fun, ain't going to be quitting my job and family for this.
    You can be excused for not completely dedicating your ife to it like some of the guys are doing right now.

F1Aussie likes this.
  18. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Same guy (black goku) says he got 1:56.7 but he accidentally went to the pits:

F1Aussie, SL1DE and David O'Reilly like this.
  19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Did he do it intentionally then someone reviewed the replay & disqualified ?

20. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

The intention is clear.
    Of course the fastest guys's replays will be reviewed.
    He claimed that...
    ...well, he has claimed a lot of things, one contradicting the other.
    He has a rich history so to speak.
    Apparently enjoys being the center of attention, bragging about achievements through cheating, crying about being unfairly treated, stealing stuff from other modders to make his own and refusing he did so, insulting people on the forums etc etc.
    I don't see him as a bad person, more like a patient.
    The need for professional help is obvious.
    But people enjoy controversy so he has been treated accordingly to his actions.
    One thing is for sure, he could not be allowed to make a mess of this competition so he's out.

David O'Reilly, bwana, Alex72 and 3 others like this.