rFactor 1 Car Mod to rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by PowerD, Mar 11, 2016.

1. PowerD

PowerD Registered

Hello everybody,

I want to start modding on rFactor 2 right now, also i did my second conversion mod for rFactor 1.
    So i want this second conversion mod working for rFactor 2, which parts need to change like gmt files, physics, sounds and more?
    Here are pictures of my second conversion mod from rFactor 1; The BMW i8 Mod.

View attachment 19555
    View attachment 19557
    View attachment 19556

2. Joshua Cresswell

Joshua Cresswell Registered

so, i have also recently started converting from rF1 to rF2, the first thing i would say is look at the file structure of an existing mod (of rF2) there should be 4 .MAS files, sort out which files go to which MAS and then using 3DSimEd you will need to convert all the GMT files to the update GMT for rF2 (otherwise you will have an error message saying that the GMT is not compatible or out of date). Then for tyres you will need some TGM tyres, which there are some defaults on Dev Corner which you can download. for the driver you will also need a .ANM file which i am trying to work out how to edit. I hope this helps you out.

3. PowerD

PowerD Registered

Thank you, it was clear enough and it will help me out :)

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I'll try to keep an eye on this topic here...
    I know FAR from everything but I've gotten a few cars in-game... Ask away and I'll see if I can help.

As Joshua says... All you really need is 3Dsimed 3.0 or above, then you can handle most things.
    .ANM-file is for the driver animation which can't be handled in 3Dsimed, but it isn't a must-have either in my opinion.
    TGM - the tyre file is still kind of a black art to me. But like Joshua says there are some TGM's you can use as a baseline.

You can either choose to use devmode or "just" repack the four mas-files and create a single component to check your changes. But if you can, get used to use devmode because it is faster to apply quick changes and check it out immediately.

But all in all, get comfortable with mas2.exe and its functions, also for unpacking installed mods' mas files to see how stuff can be done.

Basically it is 4 mas files containing
    Physics files (often called car_main)
    Graphical files (often called car_maps)
    Teams files - that being .veh files and livery dds's (often called car_teams)
    And Sound files (often called car_sounds)

And then these four mas files packed into a component (rfcmp) which you install through your launcher.

But, err.. Ask away :)

5. Joshua Cresswell

Joshua Cresswell Registered

I personally never used dev mode because once you have unpacked and packaged cars a few times it becomes 2nd nature

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Same ;)

7. mihaiplesnecute

mihaiplesnecute Registered

question..

hi guys,is someone interested in converting a season(full grid) of 2000,2001,2002,2003 or 2004 mod from rfactor 1 to rfactor2?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes!!! Preferable 2003!

9. Mr Langley

Mr Langley Registered

would anyone be able to convert the Blancpain_Series_2012_sp1.2 and the SGT Skinpack v1.12 for BES1.2 to rFactor2

i would even be willing to pay the person that could do it for me

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

And... I would be in heaven if someone converts DTM Classic (1992) from GTR2 to rF2. I do have a permission to do this, so this will be my next project if no one gets to it.