SOLVED rf2 won't launch (b880)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ashes, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Hi - I'd like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem, and if so, how did they fix it....

I recently bought DashMeterPro, and it seems to be causing havoc with rFactor.
    It's a lottery every time I click "single player" or "online race" - most times the screen will flash a few times and then CTD.
    If I check in the event viewer it does seem to be the DashMeterPro dll causing the issues, but...
    • Why on startup?
    • Why does it crash rfactor?
    • Why does it sometimes work?

rFactor does seem to start more reliably when I remove the dll, but I've also had it crash on other plugins.

Could it be that dashmeter is tryna connect to my mobile devices, and is getting timed out (in a matter of split seconds?)

I really hope someone can offer some help, as this has caused me to miss a number of race starts (quali session ends, rfactor CTD, can't get rf up and running again on first attempt, race already started by the time I get in!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's a plugin (or plugins) causing crashes you're best off talking to the plugin developers. They can really do just about anything so it's hard to troubleshoot in a general rF2 context.

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Had no probs once in and running but its a lottery on start up.... click race and the plugins icon freezes and I have to sometimes hard reset or Ctrl alt del out. If on that 1st load everything's OK I don't seem to have any more issues. Problem is on the sensa digit website and in the read me it states we use the software as is.. bugs and all but I have noticed lots more crashes since the plugins started loading faster. I wonder if disabling "wait for plugins to load" might help.

4. Ashes

Ashes Registered

@Lazza - Thanks - I understand that. I will escalate to Sensadigit. I was asking here because I wanted to know if there was more info on this that I could either pass on to him, or change on my side to avoid the frustration.
    @PRC Steve - good idea with the "wait for plugins to load" option - will give that a go. I never ran dashmeterpro on an older build of rf2, so have no ide how it performed when the plugins took long to load.

5. Ashes

Ashes Registered

I just want to let everyone here know what a legend Fabrice at Sensadigit is.
    He has been troubleshooting this with me for the last few days, sending me multiple debug mode plugins that would write logs that he'd investigate.

To top it all off - it seems I was the one who made a stupid mistake, and just want to share incase anyone else is as silly as I was.
    I left the semi-colon off the end of a config line in the preferences.ini - put them all back & RF starts up every time, no issues!

Anyways - if anyone reads this and has even vaguely considered buying dashmeterpro, but hasn't yet - I want to encourage you to do so. Great product, great support.