RF2 won't detect Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rookie, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Rookie

Rookie Registered

Gday All
    Just went to play rfactor2 and wheel isn't working.

Wheel powers up fine and is identified by Windows under devices.
    Wheel works fine in another STEAM based game (Wreckfest) and with comms (push-to-talk) through Teamspeak.

I then uninstall RF2 and reinstall, same thing happens. Meaning, I've entered into single player mode, selected options, controls and click detect and it says no usb connected. Yet as I said earlier Windows identifies it and Wreckfest lets me use it.
    Also, if I go into Steam under BigPicture, Steam doesn't see the wheel but can see a usb gamepad when I connect it at the same time the wheel is connected. And again Wreckfest which is Steam based let's me use the wheel without a problem although Steam says it can't see it??

The only thing that I have installed in the last week between racing is a game called "Fortnite" which also installed "epic game launcher", like the Steam launcher but for Fortnite and Unreal Tournament. Unless there is some confliction between Epic, 397 and rfactor2 in usb access, or Epic has overriden or changed something with the way RF2 detects the wheel/usb???

Now here's the real kicker, I don't use Logitech Profiler. So I thought I'll install that, it will fix it. I tried LGS_8.96.88_x64 it doesn't see the usb connected either, LGS510 identifies wheel and calibrates but RF2 stills doesn't detect it BUT Wreckfest has no problems.

Hopefully some this makes sense to someone!!! As it's doing my head in!

Thanks Rookie

2. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Hey Rookie did you try deleting your player file?

bwana likes this.
  3. Rookie

Rookie Registered

No I didn't Wrxxy, also my pc shut down just as you came into ts wednesday night, sorry mate