rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Isn't it depended on mods creators? they are able to screw more things up ;)

3. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

I did a search and found nothing about "arcade support" issue.

I hope you fix it for rF2. It needs to be controlled on multiplayer servers so we can ban, because in rf1 it was not possible.

If someone doesnt know it, "arcade support" is a PLR option that if its set to 1 there is an "automatic control" of race start (the car just cant move until the green light). You can set it on your PLR and use it on any server, so there is no chance of false start, wich is an obvious advantage and arcade function that must be controlled.

4. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

May sound weird, but the ability to have a player driven safety car. If an "event steward" or similar could drive it that would be so much better than AI.

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

When reading posts about replay format I came to next improvement rF2 may features: replay quality.
    Current replays doesn't show car's parts movement with enough 'resolution'. Starting from steering wheel movements through suspension ending on car body. In results that cars on replays are 'stiff' and their movements are not real.

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Proper Support for Sprint Tracks and Drag Racing

Racing on circuits is fun but tracks like pikes peak, Mont Vernoeux or ported RBR tracks have just a start and an end and usually can only support 1 car at a time and one car at the start. A wrc type queue system would make for great fun online with friends. An adjustable "between" time for each car in the server to wait could be used. Or . For more impatient people everyone could race simultaneously keeping all other participants on separate planes invisible to your own. I like the waiting idea better! That way if someone crashes out you drive past them!

Now Drag racing would need some special setups like a working tree and laptime mod. I have used a track on rf1 that does a decent job hacking drag racing in but proper support would be better.

I know rf1 has replay quality settings. If you set it to high it should be a 1:1 of the live race right down to the lag drift.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Believe me, it is not. For maxed out replay settings replay quality is not enough even visually comparing to GPL.

8. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

- Allow plugins like TVStyle to work also on replays.

- Possibility to customize pit stop rules. Such as DTM 2 mandatory pitstops changing all tires and lights showing that as in V8Supercars (image).

9. DeDios

DeDios Registered

:cool: :cool:
    Two different versions.. :rolleyes:

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Amazing hahahah :D

11. DeDios

DeDios Registered

12. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch Registered

Very important things for me and probably for certain leagues would be:

Proper track cut detection and rule appliance
    Detect track cut, probably based on some threshold distance and speed too. Define what rule to apply, like on the 3rd track cut do a Stop and Go and DQ if not obeyed.

Driver Swap for Endurance Races
    Not to much to explain here

Engine and Suspension Damage
    Better engine damage by not properly upshift or downshift. Temp engine raise while slipstreaming (no clean air for radiators). Suspension damage by going out of the track and hitting a deep or hill. Same when overdrive over hard kerbs.

Renter a race in progress
    I liked that functionality on Nascar Racing 2003. You would be on the pits and probably with a lap lost, but I think is better than just not being able to keep on the race.

13. Graag

Graag Registered

Gearbox damage would be nice too.

14. V6_

V6_ Registered

I want only a few things:

Very good AI that obey blue flags, I really like playing against AI but they mess up often.
    Having to go into the pit box to go into your garage, pressing the esc is no fun.
    Making and adding mods to the game to be easy and hassle free.
    Realfeel that has to work with all mods because it's part of the game, definitely.

Anything else would be really extra for me. It's also very fun to read what other people can think of for this game :)

15. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

That's a great idea! I'd like to be able to ban in the server settings returning to the pits using [ESC] key.

16. PeterV

PeterV Registered

Multiview - with some useful options included.

1) Control of the side camera angles, so you can set it to suit your side monitor angles.

2) Maybe not 'easy' enough, but a control to adjust the side camera 'vertical slope angles'. When you haver multiple monitors (eg gtriple screen, Eyefinity etc) if a viewer (person) is not at dead centre height level to the montors, then the centre monitor still remains 'correct' in view, but the side monitor views angle upwards or downwards.
    If you are higher, you see a view that the far outer edges has 'fallen' downwards. A trapazoidal effect.
    It may not be viable (or wanted) to set the monitors to a height to be dead centre to your vision, so to offset that 'outer edge drop' you would need to have the view drawn with a corrective trapazoid output.
    Not too hard to do mathematically for the side cameras, but of course more work to include - so maybe not overly worth having. But it does happen a lot, seeing most people do not get their monitors - mounts, desk room etc - to be that perfect dead centre height to their eye view.
    It can't hurt to have it.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Sounds like what your complaining about might be able to be fixed with a proper setting of FOV. Anything less then perfect with triplehead can cause severe warping of the side monitors. Looking around separately on the side monitors is a whole other ballpark.

I am going to reiterate one of my requests from rsc.

__________________________________________________________________________________
    -Clicking escape while practicing doesn't have to reset the car to the pits. And/Or on-the-fly or remote car setup adjustments.

I have been using rFactor so long I forgot that this bothers me. If I am online with friends. Say just cruising on the nordschleife and some minute change needs to be done to the setup you have to go back to pits. There are 2 options I believe could fix this annoyance.

1. Pressing escape ghosts your car so no-one can hit you. Once you wish to re-enter you can press 1 of 2 buttons. Reset(old style respawn) or Continue and you will be returned to a corporal state (possibly with a short delay to allow you to move).

2. This method would be INSANELY better but may require too much work this late in the development. A client-server system that lets you on the fly edit car setting from either a secondary monitor or a completely separate computer. I know reading stats from the I/O and telemetry data can be sent out with a plugin so why couldn't we be driving and at the same time adjusting the steering lock or stiffening the suspension? Obviously this would be disabled during a real race but there is no reason we can't have it in practice.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Get "All cars and Tracks" into a workable condition!

I have managed to get it working with the dedicated server and a lot of work but I have so many mods installed that it usually just crashes rfactor. Then, when it is working, the opponents list is completely absurd because it counts every skin as an opponent.

19. Willie

Willie Registered

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

In addition to non-linear springs and dampers, I would like to add request for helper spring support, because many racing cars use them (relatively soft rates) in-line with main stiff linear springs.