rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Perhaps people are just running out of things to ask? ;)

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think it's too late to ask for anything at this point. I do believe release will be in the next 3 months. So adding features at this state of the game will just delay things in my opinion.

I can hardly wait to get my hands on rF2. I'm not waiting for reviews or whatever as I don't care what anybody else thinks of it. I don't care about the graphics, HDR, or what the damn grass looks like, I just want rF2 BAD!!

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well I think after the initial release we have at least a year of patching and updates coming. So ask away and there will always be hope.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Foresure, at least a year. I wonder if ISI will do any licensed DLC. Alot of gaming software companies are doing this. It would be cool to download an official BMW GT car or whatever else.

5. RizoR

RizoR Registered

Pls make BINK Files with sound possible for building inside Tracks, like back in time F1 Challenge 99. Its really frustrating to make jumboscreens and don`t hear the sounds of bik`s,only in the Presentationvideo of rf or a specific mod.

Or maybe an alternative for gmt`s, like ambientsound specials def. in the .scn

it would be very nice to have the ability for gmt`s like

jumbo1.gmt

instance=jumbo1
    VisGroups=(blabla)
    Render=False Special=(jumbo.mp3 or jumbo.wav)
    MeshFile=jumbo1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False Range=???

Trackfolder or Ambientfolder
    Subfolder SOUNDS

BRNO GP
    Sounds
    jumbo.mp3

the file will be played relooped like the musik from MUSIK DIR. If an BINK have no sound you hear nothing,but when... That coudn`t be soo difficult to be defined in hardcode. ON or OFF.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Adjustable Virtual Mirrors on Bonnet Cam would be nice, probably been asked before but hey ho!

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Proper Dog Box Transmissions.

Listen to the wheels lockup on the downshifts.

8. nothke

nothke Registered

I don't know if anyone noticed this before and wrote it down, but since I am a track maker I notice these stuff =)

What about making portable tents in the pits appear when they're actually used by the team.. Similar to the current "garage door", which disappears when it IS used, but in opposite manner.. When we have a low budget permanent or temporary track that doesn't have any pit garages, but instead its on a parking lot, and each team sets up their tents.. So in rf1 even if there is one car on track, eg. testing.. There are 20+ portable tents, all full with toolboxes.. For practically no one. (Like in ISI Lienz track)..

9. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Or any kind of proper transmission modeling. When I was doing the iRacing thing there were a few people who were complaining about people using sequential s vs synchromesh transmissions, not understanding that you can skip gears to gain time.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I wouldn't be surprised if you could do that already in rF 1. I remember, some time ago I saw on one of rF tracks something like fuel rigs that were only for garages that were actually occupied... that means, there might be some trigger for that, like with garage doors.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Not to single out just iRacers but why do most people have to be argued with about the mechanical functions of real cars? I can't imagine what they would say if I requested proper Carburetor Simulation over on their forums.

**PS, Jeep and Vette are what I hope to keep in the garage one day.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Track layout alterations on the fly:

I've seen before in a race where on the first lap the field are allowed to go straight through a chicance to avoid any potential pile ups, then from lap two onwards every car must use the chicance as intented.
    This could also open up better possibilities for Derstruction Derby type mods, where the cars drive a small oval for 10laps normally then the track becomes "open" so they can drive either way round without penalty.
    Something like this, whilst not a major feature, would be pretty neat for track builders.

13. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Ability to
    - play a track-specific audio file while loading the track (kinda like in F1-2002)
    - play the national anthem before the start of the race (as an option configured by the server)

Also I'd like to be able to add specific AI cars while on the track using some kind of a menu, instead of adding a random AI and spending like 10 minutes hitting 'add AI' and removing unwanted cars before I get the desired set of cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  14. Hofstee

Hofstee Registered

This isn't major, but one thing that has always bugged me for a long time is that you can't purchase upgrades in the garage on the track. It probably wouldn't be realistic if you could buy upgrades right before a race, but at least let us change between the ones we have already purchased on the track.

15. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Yes, its called pitbox http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/884-Turning-objects-on-on-a-per-player-basis. I never got to trying ptent because pitbox worked just fine for me.

16. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

@Hofstee

+1 Like fitting different aero bits in the garage and such.

Oh, and the whole idea of 'buying' should go! From what I understand rFactor2 isn't going to have a proper comprehensive career mode, and most aren't expecting that anyway.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

One can only hope. Unless your on a console and the fun is building up cash from races it just seems silly. Open CCH.. Add cash.. drive whatever you want. The racing is where the fun happens not in the unlocking of a different model or paint job.

I'd like to see universal Tire Modeling changes. IE.. If I take a porsche 944 on a dirt track I should be able to apply a tire design to it designed for dirt. Everything else, suspension, power, weight should all remain mod original but I should be able to put mud boggers or Used F1 slicks on at my leisure.

18. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

You have to design such tire at first. If you already did, then even in rF you can put different sets of tyres throughout which you can switch at different tracks.

19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

That is my thinking. People could just design Tire Patterns with texture surfaces and specific properties (Lat Lon Grip/ sidewall strength / rubber hardness/ min-max pressures). Then in the garage for ANY car you can load one of these custom tires. I think even choosing a range of width and height withing reason should be possible. Changing to a wider tire in the rear will afford more grip but hitting the limit will likely end catastrophically. A shorter profile tire will help with acceleration but hurt the top end and hard cornering (Just like real life Ricers!) I'd love to see a quick open-wheeler with off road tires or a Corr truck with proper race slicks. How about HistorX with proper race tires vs the current Vintage Bias-ply. And I bet no-one has ever in real life put a modern F1 tire on a classic 60's F1 car. How differently would it behave, drive, wear? These are questions too expensive to ask in the real world.

20. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I'd like this tranny-engine 'rattle' effect (what's it called really?) to be implemented not by playing around with sounds but correctly, through engine/transmission physics. Most race cars have that in some form.

starting at 0:19