rF2 vs rF1 online activity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stonec, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

^ A good example why rf2 online is empty. i mean the market filled with guys like this xD

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

You guys paid for the simulation. And ISI gives u base for modders to work with.

Too hard for you to understand? U want everything to be like AC and pCARS and iRacing?

3. shiet

shiet Registered

I bought rF2 lifetime licence at the beginning for 85 USD.
    AC wasn't on my PC until recently when they released patch 1.2. Until then I played only rF1+GSCE+rF2 (offline) and iRacing (online).
    Last year I setup a server with iR like settings because I thought that's the problem, the unstructured racing (outside of leagues ofc), and I let people to vote for car+track combos every 3 days: 25 mins race every hour (at exactly xx:00), 35 min qualify/practice. First day some came, later nobody. :D

ISI gives us the simulation, modders do the rest: yeah, that was the plan, but as I said: AC sucked up the modders because who wants to develop to a platform which is basically dead online and ugly out of the box (according to many).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Dats the modders choice. Its a free world. No one force you to race in rF2.
    Many rejoice and boasts at the number of mods AC have...well...GOOD for you!

Me in particular, enjoy quality more than quantity. Im in no rush to have 10 cars in a DLC and drive them in one night and start asking for more DLC the next day.
    Thats not why I started SIMRACING.

5. Domi

Domi Registered

You are a better representation of why the online is empty with that attitude.

6. shiet

shiet Registered

In the last 2 weeks I tried a bunch of mods in AC, mainly tracks and they're well done. Most of them are already in a much further progressed state than what you see in rF2. I met with tracks which are almost completely done while I saw the same tracks in rF2 1,5 years ago and still nobody finished them until today. I don't know anything about modding but what I have read suggest is that modding for rF2 is more complicated (I guess it has something to do with the realroad and the tires) so probably that's another reason. Atm I'm not really interested in mod cars (in AC) because the base game already have enough.

Anyway the income model what ISI have chosen is bad -> very few players -> not enough mods.
    And I think they know that but it's too late to change, with a DLC they would screw up the players who already bought rF2.

7. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

ISI sells its engine. So they dont rely that much than the other DLC.

And yes modding is more complicated because you need to support more feature like real road weather and all this stuff. And for cars the most difficult part are the tires. But here for many sizes examples are provided.

And ISI information policy or communication is not always the best. But at least they dont promised features that they need to abandon before release :)
    Graphics is one big point and here i hope ISI is working on it in the background but wont announce something because then people want to know a release date which even ISI maybe doesnt know yet (Same like with the 64bit support ;)).

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Rather filled with guys with ur attitude. Come here bashing and suddenly im the one with attitude....pfft

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

If u understand ISI base mod u will know that it has more physics depth hence why it is more difficult to do. Also the track has dynamic depth that no other sim have.
    Yes, rF2 have less following compared to others in terms of modding. But its not ISI's fault. They provided u with the engine. Use it or not its up to u.

Oh im wasted enuf time doing this.

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

They will never understand this. All they want is rF2 to be like the rest

11. shiet

shiet Registered

The thread is about "rF2 vs rF1 online activity".
    Yes I want rF2 to be like the rest in some ways: more players, more tracks, more cars.
    For more players we need free online access.
    For more cars and more tracks we need more players (modders come from the playerbase) and ISI needs more money (DLC).

12. Nazirull Safry Paijo

The solution is easy

more players : choose a league and start to go online
    free online? most leagues i know is free to join. except those running with race2play

more cars? dont ask from ISI, ask from the modders.

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I dont agree dude. I can't be arsed joining leagues as I dont have time. I want to switch on the pc and race for 30 mins at any time. I dont have time whenever I want and I can do this with AC and R3E.

There should be more players online at any time......now why there aren't many at any time like the others is debatable.

14. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Yeah i know wut u mean. But thats how thing is now.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hence why me and maybe many others do not race in rF2 :) Wish we could find a solution as I truly miss it.

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

IMO, the reason for a product to suceed or fail is always the user experience and how his expectations are met. In this sense there are several areas where rf2 has some weak or very weak points:

1. Easy to use first time you try the game. My older son who just turned 7, has been able to download dozens of games for the tablet since the first time he used it. The built-in tutorials for first use teach you how to pay the game. Kids are great testers since they act more intuitively and less programmedly. Someone that has been in touch with factor for years and knows all the tricks is not the right person to assess this problem. Maintaining essential parameters in player.json or controller.ini is prehistoric and very meaningful in the lack of user orientation from programmers. Having to use external executables like modmgr.exe is not the best for beginners (experienced users where I include myself love it though). The builtin mod manager within launcher is still inferior, in the other hand.

2. Online. Matchmaker is a pain in the butt. Smart filtering would be highly required. It is unconceivable that options previously available are missing for more than one year. "Server contains" filter was ver useful for leagues, for example, but was sadly disabled. Remove passworded servers is not implemented despite being in the wish list since the beginning. Not very nice for casual simracers, I guess. Filtering for % of installed components would be a great addition to that I think.

3. Game stability and performance. Still we have been suffering the lack of stability of some builds that have provoked important issues during official races. Some people in our leagues have abandoned rf2 tired of their bugs and poor performance. Iracing has been mainly these people's choice. Therefore it is clear that money isn't a big problem for many simracers who typically spend much more in hardware than in software.

4. Ingame difficulty. Although FFB and psychics are awesome, I think tire model is incomplete and very exigent for casual simracers. Tire degradation is irrealistically high under certain conditions and you need to take care of them and make a good setup to make them last IMO. Locking up ruins your race or your wheel. It seems that after Pirellis entering F1 with their crappy tires has affected all type of cars. Making a triple stint with the same tires making great laptimes like in Lemans seems unconceivable in rf2. Whether they are perfectly realistic or not it is a fact that some people simply cannot manage rf2 tires.

I really don't think that content quality or quantity is the deciding factor for this lack of success of rf2 compared to other competitors.

Enviado desde mi SM-T530 mediante Tapatalk

17. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Maybe someone could convince Ir to buy physics engine from ISI? That is something to dream off..

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Can you direct me to the a-la iRacing thing that u started?

19. Nazirull Safry Paijo

iR physics sucks i know....but they paid for it so...

20. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I haven't read all the posts but I get the gist of it, why are there more players online in RF1.
    Firstly, I don't understand why people just don't by a lifetime version of RF2, then you have the one off payment and can race online or offline when ever you want and with who ever you choose with what ever mod you want.
    RF 1 is still in use more than RF2 because everything they use is free, including a hacked version of the game.

I also don't see the difference between downloading a track or mod out of the game or when you enter a server, either way you have to have them, If it is going to take too long to get them from a game server then go out and get them from a Mega download or similar and then go back into the game, then all you have to get when you enter the server is the " mod " that gives you the rules of the server basically.

I feel a lot of people were put off RF2 with its very early releases, they caused people a lot of grief getting the game running to a decent frame rate etc etc. If the game was released in its current form now as its first release, I think you would see a lot more converts now as it is so superior to its original releases. And this is why I think there is a lack of online racers.

There is no difference in racing online, you still have to have the password to get in a locked server, you still have to have the exact same car mod and you still have to have the exact same track that the server is running, whats the difference, also you can go into an open server and still have to deal with the morons.

RF 1 is so much easier to use than RF2 so more people will use RF1, but they wont get the overall experience we have using Rf2.