rF2 vs Assetto Corsa multiplayer compared

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by stonec, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miro

Miro Registered

IMO it's all about the UI and the workflow (get in game, settings, hosting, join online etc.). Basically the main reason why things are as they are regarding the user base and popularity. Yeah and maybe the bling bling in replays.

A post nearly a year ago.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12647-rF2-user-friendly

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

re.content

rf2 has a stack of cars already ( including a range of quality Historics ) ,
    a small but slowly growing list of quality tracks ( lots of sub standard tracks IMO that I don't even bother to install) hopefully the updates of older official tracks will improve things too

more f1 tracks will come & existing ones should get updated from leagues such as FSR & other f1 leagues

historX mod should be coming yo rf2 as well hopefully

just a few more quality tracks & a few more GOOD builds and IMO there will be more than enough content for online leagues in rf2

the sooner the auto updater is seamless the better ( it should be removed if it's not 100% solid )

I can stick to one sim-car & about 8 quality tracks for a few years and be happy,
    I don't like jumping between sim cars & don't mind a sim having a small to medium amount of content as long as it's of high quality

if a sim had 1000 cars and a 1000 tracks I'd still only use 1 car and a small batch of tracks

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
  3. melg

melg Registered

If AC is so good why are you still here? If Rf2 doesn't offer you what you need then find something that does. Just stop coming on here and moaning about this games does this and that and yours don't. You know what Rf2 has to offer so why keep on moaning?

4. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I think AC is pretty good if you like simcades. RF2 is a real sim. It will only keep getting better in my opinion.

Ok guys, go for it. Blast away on my opinion about AC.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Scott -I see AC as simcade ( but a decent simcade I guess) so I agree

I don't really get on with the ffb in AC in it's current state,

AC may change in the future though who knows

6. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Surely now there are more people playing online to GT6 that AC and RF2 together and not so he has to be better than these.

AC is a popular game and offers what most people want, a simple "simulation" without complications. Everyone can take the fast car and everyone can believe that it is a top driver.

I doubt any self-respecting league pass AC, leagues users seeking to fill servers and collect fees, probably yes. Leagues who want to provide simulation, will continue with RF2 or any other simulator. Different games, different markets and different users.

New leagues and new communities were created but seeketh simulation, looking for something more serious.

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

IMo and i have converted my brother too, to rf2. RF offers a more sim like game. You want gfx and a forza like experience yes ac is for you. It has good handling but for mr that's it. Its dull and lifeless.

RF feels like the track and car is alive things are being simulated be it tyres real road weather. Etc etc. And the ai are the best I've ever played.

Acs new update causes the ai to not take corners properly. It has a lot of issues, im even confident to say more than rf.

Its good to have a wide choice of Sims Vo something I've never had on a 360

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_260 using Tapatalk

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I wonder if it is possible to like two or more games at once..... call me crazy.... but I think that is entirely possible!

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh give it a break gessus 2 years move on then if you still whining.

Typical AC thread and you start in on RF2

10. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I think it's possible too.

It looks like CMS is going to do some "fun races" with AC to start with. That's the same thing they did when RF2 came out. I think using RF2 and AC will turn out very good for the "hard core racer(RF2)" and the "just want to have fun racer(AC)".

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Your close-mindedness and stubborness is impressive. Is it that difficult to believe more than one software can simulate real life events? Not all of their content is top notch much like here. I had great fun with a very rubbered Monaco/Monza 66 with Brabhams (by myself as AI is crash happy and ignores player) while I had a ghastly time with the GTs and a couple of other cars.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I hope I never give that impression.

I have 8 sims installed.

AC
    FT
    GPL
    GTL
    GTR
    pCAR
    rF
    rf2

plus 2 demos ( NCG and Spintires )

Call me crazy but it proves nothing I drive rF2 online 95%, offline would be 5 % of my time checking new mods tools tracks from all sims.

I like to celebrate all the stuff modders do for us ...........from worst to best, warts and all.

When Spa GPL is released I will spend a day in it .........

If IOM Full Road is ever released I will forget rF2 for a month. lol :)

Probably why most days I am the only one ever puts up Kyalami and Jarama

Somehow they are beneath 95% of rF2 drivers ? I never see them up ?

14. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

You have no idea.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

there is a list of servers, each server has 3 scheduled sessions according to server settings, P, Q, and R.. before the P starts you can book yourself into the server and choose your car from selection. It will give you time when does the P start (say 5 minutes) .. in the mean time you can do someting else in AC.. like settings or i dont know.. when the time is up, you click join and it will put you on a server with all other players that booked in (there is max amout of players same as in any other MP game).. so you drive in /, than Q and than race.. the longest i have had was 10 laps... thanks to this the grids are quite full, but the drivetrs are disasterously bad...

- Have never seen any flags in AC yet
    - pentalties in AC are pathetic, basically only existing penatly is that your throlltle stops responding for 5 seconds or you have eto slow down to 50kmh, and you get that penatly for every bloody getting of the road, when you loose control or take shortcut.. you get this penalty...
    -pit stops - well.. there is automatically triggered pit limiter, which is also automatically deactivated once you leave pits, the pit stops them selfs, i dont know...
    - I use Logitech Driving Force Pro, it has 17 buttons on it .. cca .. and 4 of it are not working in AC for some reason, and yet even with only 13 buttons (shigt paddles included) AC does not have enought of features to have something to assign to all of them, i still have 4 buttons unassigned, even after assigning everything that AC has except of Change camera.. 4 of the buttons are for looking around only, that will give you idea how simulaty the simulator is...
    But dont get me wrong, there are many things that i really like. For example when you are adjusting your setup, by hovering your mouse onto anything you can adjust, a tooltip will come up explaining you what does it do, and how will the handling change by increasing or decreasing it, i would apriciate that in rf2 too, and some more features like their dynamic HUD that is basically made out of many various gadges that you can move around your screen and postion them as you wish. some thing are very counter-intuitive, but some are really good. Sadly the simulation it self, the driving, is simply really bad, and that is FFB included. I think what really shows here is that ISI is trully experienced SIM developer team and rf2 is only evolution of rF1, means that it effectivelly has been developed for many many years, that is why majority of steering wheels are plug and play, in AC i had to create dedicated FFB profile in order for my wheel to work as it shoud, adjusting mirrors, mirrors on HUD, seat postion... Little things like this that poeple dont really notice rf2 has so they dont apriciate it are completelly missing in AC

16. stonec

stonec Registered

This thread is not about what rF2 offers, I am running one of the biggest rF2 sim racing leagues and I know rF2 has awesome physics, some great content and it has reputation as best sim among serious drivers. I'm just wondering why some small improvements to usability seems to be so hard to implement, which we already see in AC alpha multiplayer and in rF1. Such as showing basic things like ping and filtering by password in menu. And making the getmod URL system more accessible so that league admins would actually use it. AC puts a nice video+pdf showing how their new multiplayer systems work, while ISI gives zero help how to host custom mods with the already implemented URL hosting support.

17. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ye.. that is true

18. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't think it's a bad thing to compare with competitors and see what they do better/worse. Fact is that I see less than 100 drivers online most days playing rF2, when there are still around 300 on rF1 most days. There is a reason many leagues have not moved to rF2, one of those is the cumbersome usability of building/hosting mods which could be improved with quite little effort.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

gui, the reason AC cannot simulate real life racing is that it simply lacks the features necessary. Without realroad, flat spotting and weather AC just lacks the tools to be a sim. In this generation of racing sims the bar has been raised. That is why AC can't be considered anything more than simcade in its present form. Even the Codies F1 sim cade games have weather. IMHO AC is less of a sim than those games.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I never said it was a bad thing ?

Why do people always put crap in my mouth here ?

I am saying if anyone are still unhappy 2+ years on with something like GET MOD which we all know won't change ( as it is the best way to be rid of mismatches ...period ) then why waste your life here, move on, go to AC whatever. ?

It is a fair assumption and question. ?

I can assure you, you will never see me posting in AC and pCARS forums comparing them to rFactor2 unless I receive a lobotomy.

Of a morning ( Aust time ) I have see 300+ on rF2 no worries.

That will grow and dwarf GTR and rF room numbers eventually.

Only a matter of time, how long did it take before Leagues transitioned from any one sim to another.

Personally I think any league does not take advantage of a superior driving simulation in rF2 is worrying about their familiarity and consistence in the League more then the actual racing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.