Rf2 track with Blender

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Ginmile, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

Is it possible create a track with blender?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes.
    (but you'll probably need more tools)

3. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Really don't understand why Studio-397 doesn't support a tool like Blender. Would really enlarge the developer market.

4. benborp

benborp Registered

I believe it was mentioned in one of the more recent interviews that S397 would be extending dev tools and documentation to work with a wider range of design and modelling packages. I think it was also mentioned that there would a have to be a process of rationalising the current workflow for creating content first.

5. Ginmile

Ginmile Registered

I hope, @benhorp, because i know blender and how to apply a good pbr materials to a mesh. It's time to align rf2 dx11 material to other 3d modelling software such as Blender

6. benborp

benborp Registered

Specifically mentioned in the December roadmap:
    "Finally, a common question we receive is when will we offer modder support. This is a very important subject, and we want to offer that support as soon as we can. When we roll out modder support, we wish to have proper documentation and be sure that we are not going to make wholesale changes to the way things are setup shortly afterwards. As such, we expect that modder support will not come before the next stage of the graphics pipeline development is complete. As there is still a large chance that things maybe significantly re-balanced and cause major work to content already making use of these developments."

Ginmile likes this.