RF2 suggestion/sales

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Just a simple suggestion.
    As many probably know, other current sims make some discount sales from time to time.
    Why cant ISI do the same, creating some discounts from time to time to see if number of rf2 users boost a little bit?
    Other current in development sim, for instance, is making a 50% discount this weekend.
    Even if i try to persuade all of our league members to go to rf2 its hard when they get another another new sim for less than half the prize.
    Obvious we cant compare both (AND THIS IS NOT A COMPARE THREAD PLEASE).
    Just a suggestion...

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably hard to avoid comparisons if you're going to compare prices, but the price seems more than reasonable for what you get and you risk annoying previous buyers if you start discounting.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Discounting is like a bit of off sale but it isn't in this case and than it looks like a cheap sale tactics of a product which wasn't worth the original price.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

a certain sim has a discount this weekend, i'm getting it :)

it works. sometimes. I think.

5. myself9

myself9 Registered

Personally, I think that ISI should once again change the demo content.

The content is nicely done, but Silverstone is an utter bore and the Civic isn't exactly the crown jewel of the rFactor 2 stable.

If I didn't already have rF2 and it went on sale, I'd probably try out the demo and pass on it.
    But if the demo were any Eve or any of the new GT cars on ANY other course in the game, I'd be all over it.
    For full price, even.

I guess I'm saying that I don't believe that price is the issue with the seemingly stagnant RF2 user base. I think it's ignorance and misinformation/no information

6. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Dont get me wrong. Only suggestion is to level up the number of current rf2 users, nothing more than that.
    Only a suggestion nothing more.

And this as nothing to do with a particular sim since every one of them make this type of discount. AC does it, IRacing does it (to new members), GSC also, etc.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Refund policy with free demo available and now they want half price. Maybe ISI should just give it away for free, surely that would make at least half of the people around here happy.

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

I believe you missed the point the OP was trying to make.

9. Jamie Shorting

so a free demo doesn't persuade someone to try rf2 but a half price discount will? Yes, clearly I'm missing the point here and I doubt I will ever get it. Carry on.

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There's no reason for a sale. I wouldn't feel cheated if I had paid 85$. I'm satisfied with AC for 20$, but no more.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That cheapening your product once lowers its value forever in the mind of customers?

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

if a company starts discounting for it's product then suddenly everyone sees the un-discounted price as expensive
    then people

wait only for discounts

just price appropriately from the word go & stick to it
    ( & advertise like mad & try & continually attract as many sales as possible)

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Approx $85 Aus is really not that bad for a lifetime of sim racing even if it only means the lifetime of the game. How many people are still using GP Legends, a great deal I'd say going by Jim Pearson's release of the Isle Of Mann recently.

14. blakboks

blakboks Registered

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That's nothing new though, it happened for decades in the offline retail market, shops, chains and conglomerates squeezing out every little penny from studios and developers, making all the money and denying shelf-space or not selling at all if [insert reasons]

Its one of the reasons studios went online, why Steam exists, why people started to publish themselves and the indi market got to such a big scale. and now its the same all over again. the song remains the same :)

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Those 'half the people around here' already got rf2, its not about us, its much more about us wanting more people to join in so there's a decent community.
    You got any suggestions otherwise?

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

I think we the lill rf2 community is just doing a bad job in general why it looks like a dead place. Just the diff between the groups alone in how they promote public what they like with tons of screenshots and vids is extreme to rf2 communitys promotion. This community is strange, me included, especially the elitism kills a lot.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Apple proves othrwise, ISI has a looong tradition of producing high quality products and at the same time nobody can accuse them of overpricing.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

That's true, and i'm not of the opinion that it's overpriced, i just think the elitism discourages new user. Maybe it's the overall behaviour of the whole community, i don't know, but the product can't be the only reason for the empty rooms.

20. Jamie Shorting

Since you and others know what the bottom line is around here maybe you should flood us with some ideas. Heck, if ISI goes broke on your brilliant strategies maybe you'll have a consulting business in the near future. "spend money on a product and offer it for less than it's worth because that's what consumers want". LOL. Give your heads a shake man.

Anyway, what's so dead about this place? I did an online race on Wednesday and 17 drivers were there. rF2 didn't look too dead to me. If you're talking about the lobby with the 20 min pickup races being dead, well, I'm sure I"m not the only one who thinks short sprint races suck.