RF2 Stock Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angus94, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

i'd like to paint more than just the body, is this at all possible, other things worth painting in my opinion are......

rims
    cockpit
    roll cage
    dash
    dash 'stickers'

just to add to the individuality of the car

cheers

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Dash stickers and rims might be possible, he maybe needs to send me the extra templates. I'll ask.

I doubt the other stuff can be edited.

3. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

thanks for the reply, appreciated

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Awesome work in V8 and Drags Angus. :cool:

5. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

Thanks Durge

6. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Since the ac cobra is out, I'm dreaming of a pro mod cobra with some bad Ass supercharger and drag slicks. Any chance to see some cars from dragfactor in rf2? I love them so much.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

7. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

well, to be honest, im having more success porting to Assetto Corsa than RF2, i have tried many times to make preview icons for the game so i can that everything loads properly but those icons never load and obviously dont show, so that in itself is very frustrating. and the other thing that causes me grief is trying to get my head around the RF2 tyre file and the construction requirements of the car's wheels..........some say i need an 'inner tube' gmt for each wheel, and then there's the fact that the front wheels are so much narrower than the rears.................

then there is the issue regarding the 'christmas' tree, RF2 doesnt have one, yes i know everything has a priority and drag racing in RF2 is low on that list, so having said that why would i spend so much time converting cars from RF1 to RF2 only to end up with the same result.

so you can see, RF2 is proving to be a very frustrating journey to this point.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think some of the views you express are well founded and led to other teams bypassing rF2.

However these days people break new ground all the time.

You are very talented guy, I am sure some in here will be offering help.

It would be nice to have a ISI dragstrip with pre staging etc. for sure.
    Pretty much a prerequisite for any street car performance test.

AC drag is pretty ordinary, no free-roam and canned atmosphere, tyres and physics leave a little to be desired.

For mine the tyres and chassis in rF2 could make a awesome doorslammer.

Get a group together to develop convincing Tyre model, Chassis and Christmas Tree coding.

Maybe ISI would consider taking it on.

Maybe 3PA content !

:eek:

;)

P.S. Either way would love a mocked up dragstrip and a big block to play with. p

9. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Drag racing with a dynamic track surface makes me a little wet. Angus94, Have you thought about making the Christmas tree out of a player vehicle? lights could be controllable from the car(tree). Pit box for Christmas tree car could be at the start line. Just a thought. I know its not ideal but it may be an interim solution. Btw I'm not sure what your currently doing for race starts in Dragfactor at the moment. Back when I was active on it we were using the chat box and waiting for the text to disappear. That signaled the start.
    Dragfactor was the mod that got me into Rfactor in the first place. Once I saw what you guys were working on I had to get on board with it. Now its like 6 years later and I'm hooked with Rfactor 2.

10. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

once i get some more detailed help i might get back into RF2 conversion, but at the moment im happy with what im doing, RF1 is filling our bill for now and as i said, 'IF' i could get things to work in RF2 i'd try to get more content into it.

11. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

squeeekmo, we have that already, on race days the admin drives the "TREE" out onto the track and its setup with a looping graphic of 3 ambers and a green, when the drivers say 'ready' he presses a key on the keyboard to start the loop and when it goes green they take off.

without 'staging beams' there's always arguments about staging shallower than you should (staging shallow gives you a bit of a 'run up' to the beam and gives you a faster time)and people getting an advantage, which is one of the reasons why people have lost interest in racing, including myself.............too many arguments and accusations

i havent raced in months

i have also rigged up parachutes that work, they are named to replace the headlights of the cars.........open chutes are hlglo_ds.gmt and closed chutes are hlglo_ps.gmt and you press the 'H' key to open or close them........only issue now is to get them to actually slow the car, which we havent worked out yet. 1 suggestion was to assign them to the Speed Limiter, but you cant have 2 assignments to 1 keyboard button (speed limiter AND headlights) , so we stuck there also.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

F1Challenge V8 after Hidden Valley race we would all wander up to the strip and use a cars headlights to start rounds.

We had a lot fun. ;)

13. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

yeah i heard a lot of people were using that for starts, whatever serves the purpose i guess, if it works for you then why not

14. Squeeekmo

Squeeekmo Registered

Can you assign schutes to the DRS button? Open flap/close flap and just assign the "drag" parameter when closed to something huge? PS. I'm no modder so I apologize if I make it sound overly simplistic.

15. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

id have to look into it, but either way its still means assigning 2 commands to a button or hitting 2 buttons

16. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Maybe the rF2 plugin API provides something? Also the DRS button should also trigger an animation?

17. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

i dont know anything about the plugins

18. Angus94

Angus94 Registered