[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Has anyone been successful in getting the spotter to use their leagues driver's names?

2. sjbaraki

sjbaraki Registered

Hi Migiagi,

I looked into it, and your totally right. It was an issue with the actual sound files for car left/right etc... They exported with long tails of silence for some reason (easy to fix btw, if you're savvy with an audio editor).

So i've fixed them, but i'm away from my computer for a bit. I'll upload the fixed files as soon as soon as I can.

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all, thanks for this great plugin and the soundpack. I know it is evil to mention Codemasters here ;) but one thing I was missing from them is their race engineer, giving you the feeling you work in a team.

Maybe a bit more random flavor to add... for example when car in front is under one second, give some "go get him" encouragement as you pass a sector line. Maybe an Grand Prix / DRS switch in the ini which enables messages about DRS now being available.

Sjbaraki, is there a default "filter" you used to get the radio sound? I wonder if we record our driver names, how to make it sound the same.

BTW, are all the WAVs loaded into memory upon plugin load? I'm already eeking out my RAM as is... but I suppose the files are loaded as needed.

**Edit: A few more suggestions:

The "driver in position x is going to pit" gets a bit repetive because the AI goes 10 at once... maybe just a "driver in front of you has pited" would be better?

For offline, it would be awesome if we could provide a driver name as "teammate". Like, I'd record "Kimi", put it in an .ini somewhere that Kimi Raikonnen is thr AI teammate name, and then I get extra info on what my teammate is doing, if he's faster or slower, pitting, outlap...

For starting from the garage, it would be just nice for atmosphere to have the engineer give some standard encouragement..

"Car to track"
    "We believe this setup will suit you, let us know what you think after a few laps"
    "You're less than one second off the leader, go out and get him"
    "You're currently PX, try to go for (PX-2)"

That is the one thing really cool about the CM F1 games, they give you the impression of interaction with the team and your teammate.

Also, to give something back to this effort... If Sjbaraki wants to polish them with "radio filter" I would volunteer to record German engineer. And the F1 2013 driver names (because that's one of the few mods with complete grid we currently have, would make a lot of sense).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  4. sjbaraki

sjbaraki Registered

En_engineer 1.1

I have updated the soundpack (including the link in the original post) get the new version here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bdEy1AYZ!20nfWck3JIuBIrwQrewUlnM5WhfSXCYQ_UVLZ95orKI

The calls "car left, right, three wide" are no longer delayed. This was an issue with the WAV files.

@GCC racer, to create the audio effect I made a custom FX chain in Ableton Live. I'd be happy to share it with you if you have the program.

5. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

Tnanks sjbaraki.

6. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

Hello again. In the events there is a "behindfaster" event and a "NextSlower" event. I am trying to create the other 2 events that i need to make a complete report for cars in front and behind.

Now the only info you get from the car behind is ONLY if its faster than you. Not if its slower then you. I want to have both. So with a trigger.shortcut spotter will tell me if the car behind me is faster OR slower then me. The same for the car in front of me with another trigger.shortcut.

I have tryied different things but with no luck. Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

7. sjbaraki

sjbaraki Registered

Here's a short 5 lap race around Putnam Park. I think the spotter calls are quicker to update now.

8. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Many thanks, sjbaraki.

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks mate

10. Ernie

Ernie Registered

What's the best (and easiest) way to deactive events.
    e.g. if i don't want infos spotted about braketemp too high etc.

11. Migiagi

Migiagi Registered

Add the line in red in the rule that you want to deactivate like this:

[Rule.1]
    Enable=0
    Trigger=S1
    Event=SelfGapSector1
    Input1=SelfGap

I have add that line to all the rules. If i want to enable the rule i change the "Enable=0" to "Enable=1" and vice versa

12. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Great.
    Many thanks.

13. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

What is the considered parameter to evoque the plugin? A high temp for one car could be not high for another.

Tks for the sound set, Baraki.

14. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hello

For me the plugin is wrong informing the sector of the yellow flag. No matter which sector is the yellow flag, the plugin always speaks the same sector (sector 1).

For someone like this?

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

No, it works for me for every sector correctly. Could it be an issue on a particular track?

16. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Thanks for your work, great spotter voice.

Just a small bug (in fact it isn´t really a bug but is annoying and not even your fault but the plugin): when starts to rain and every body had to change his tires, the spotter start to announce every single car entering in the pits.

Maybe change some configuration could turn off every position announce (only first maybe and the guy in front of you) but i´m clueless about how to do it.

Cheers.

17. Jeferson Richart

I tested now at Silverstone GT (ISI), and it worked properly. At Silverstone International (ISI) and Red Bull Ring (RaceRfactor), the plugin speaks wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

That's what I thought, there's somewhere a Sector config not in place.

Luis, to avoid the massive "Car in position x going to pits" you can reduce the Propability value of the entry. Then it will not announce all of them.

19. Je suis Luis

Je suis Luis Banned

Thanks, will look for that.

20. Jeferson Richart

Luis, try change like this:

DefaultRules.ini

[Rule.26]
    Trigger=PitIn
    Event=AnyCarPitIn
    Input1=MyEvent
    Input2=PlaceAtPitTrigger
    Input3=Place

DefaultEvents.ini

Event=AnyCarPitIn
    {
    // Event properties (note that these are not applied if this event is played by another event)
    Detail=2
    Spacing=0.0
    Priority=1
    Probability=1.0
    TTL=15.0
    Break=0.25

// Repeat until duration ends
    Repeat=Off
    Duration=0.0

// Volume can be set before individual Files if necessary
    Volume=1.0

Variable=Session {
    Value=10,13 {
    Variable=Input1
    {
    Value=0 {
    Variable=Input2
    {
    Value=1 {
    File=driver_at.wav
    PlayEvent=PlaceNum
    File=going_to_pit.wav
    }
    }
    Variable=Substract,Input3,Input2
    {
    Value=(>=-1,<=1) {
    Variable=Input2
    {
    Value>1 {
    File=driver_at.wav
    PlayEvent=PlaceNum
    File=going_to_pit.wav
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

This way the plugin will prompt only first place and the front and behind you. Not tested, but should be correct.