KNOWN rF2 single player crashes with All Cars and Tracks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GauchoRS, Oct 11, 2013.

1. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

In single player mode rf2 always crashes to desktop with any combination of track and car.
    Any combination loads well, but as soon as I click on RACE to get into my car I get a CTD.

VMods are running fine

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've read this is due to certain third party mods. One was a Singapore track. We're still asking for people to let us know which mods, so that we know what to fix. Not much luck so far finding them all. Doesn't seem to be something many have installed.

3. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

CTD happens also when I combine ISI cars and a ISI track.
    Tim, did you mean that another (third party) track installed is causing this problem? Even it is NOT actually used ?

4. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    Yes when combined some ISI mods, it also crash
    But before we removed all other mods and tracks and remade the test and you will see that it does not come from the ISI mods but what you add.
    Your only way to settle the problem is to uninstall all that is not ISI and non ISI install mod to crash.

Google translation

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think it should be clarified why would rf2 crash when not actually using the problematic content...

Clearly it shouldn't affect, but the problem from b298 about description field length and this "new" problem suggests so.
    It looks like a path problem or so where things are searched for where they should not.

The list vs spinner problems suggests that the hierarchy used by the core has some kind of problem.

The other day I was able to update a component referenced by an installed mod. (This is weird itself since you cannot uninstall it without uninstalling the mod previously.) When I entered the server the car would not appear but I was in the server. I didn't try with people in since it was empty.

All these things suggest that component system is not robust. A perfect hierarchy within the folder system but not later when using content inside it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk now Free

6. 88mphTim

There is a fix in the next build for some things, please let me know if this still happens with the content you use after that.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I can confirm afetr experiencing a very frustrating waste of time doing trial and error that it is the number of tracks (or mods or whatever, I only know tracks) that also causes the problem. Yes, some particular quick conversions suck and don't work well, but I can now get tracks that wouldn't work before to function just by uninstalling others. There is a limit (that presumably ISI knows very well), so hope it gets raised dramatically in the next build.

8. 88mphTim

It does, yes. Temporarily up to 4xx from 96. And Jeremy intends to raise it further permanently soon.