rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg333

sg333 Registered

UGH, no :(

3D grass looks awful, ISI have grass perfect.

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Needless, ignorant statements like this aren't likely to make you many friends.

3. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I know that it's the reaction these people are after, but I'm happy to oblige in this case

I don't know what gives posters like mr driven the right to start spouting nonsense about how much I spend my disposable on things other than improving my hardware purely for rf2 use.

Absolutely none of his business but yes I have a ps3, I have 2 games on it and that's got zero to do with the post I made about mirrors.

How can any developer make games or sims and expect the community to spend on hardware rather than address or just explain to us something as clear as fps drops on mirror use. A simple 'it's as good as we can get it' from ISI would indeed signal that some people need more hardware. Silence and denial and mindless comments about everyone owning consoles is not useful and frankly, insulting.

But this is a screenies thread and therefore I'll be concentrating on that from now on.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

No, I mean they need to get some new and efficient grass going. Like this http://outerra.blogspot.com/2012/05/procedural-grass-rendering.html I have flown face down at 500+mph and that grass doesn't cause a hiccup. And it is animated. And the FPS drop is nearly non-existent.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice, where can i download the track ? :rolleyes:

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

How does that look when you are a bit higher up? TV cams, etc? That would also be some pretty damn long grass for a track on a race weekend. Natural grasslands, yes, it looks great. I've seen 3D grass in other sims, and it looks out of scale/huge to me.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
  8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Well balanced could be fine. The grass in rf2 looks dead, flat and to lifeless from the cockpit view while it looks great on high resolution from sky POV imho.

9. pas74

pas74 Registered

the textures of the asphalt and the rocks are perfect!

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Well balanced is fine for sure but Mores and Silverstone isn't bad honestly, it's quite good actually.
    I agree they should add 3D grass but I would give it the same priority as to upgrade the pit mans mustache.

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Kelvin here is doing the texture work for the upcoming biomes you can look through his videos. TL;DR still fantastic. As far as the length it is all adjustable but right now that default length is all we have to play with.

12. 88mphTim

That's not my point. "3D" grass looks like a line from above when I've seen it, and it effectively kills that viewing angle... Is this different? I don't see any higher view than eye level in the video of the post he linked.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

@Mrslfrsl

I wish me a option to set off those zombis incl. crowds. Not sure about priority but look generates more interest. More people judge on look than people are qualified to judge game dynamics or physics.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Tim... screens look good, really like shot #8.

FYI you have two 12`s in your list. :p

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
  15. speed1

speed1 Banned

May because it's not volumetric, i don't no really.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

I agree on the grass thing... it`s the only thing that looks a bit off in the tracks... it`s much too flat and lifeless. Be good if it was more realistic... imo.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

These are as close to strait down as I have. http://i2.minus.com/iNSRegU4vrBhP.jpg and http://i5.minus.com/ip2qQibnfz9R0.jpg and http://i4.minus.com/iEGEi5sdr383G.jpg

Just a note my 4000 series is no longer supported so the screens have odd patterning and lighting that proper renders don't show.

18. 88mphTim

19. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

will wind/motion setting enable the 'tufts' to be affected by a car driving past? im thinking of an example in GT5, the car passes the grass and the wind blows the grass as the air rushes past.

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

I don't think any of that '3D' grass looks right; it only looks like its overgrown. Freshly cut grass may aswell be flat and hence best represented as flat textures. ISI do it right, and usually with some 3D weeds or patches to make it look real, which works pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.