rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, not because I don't like surprises...but why are ISI so mysterious? We found out they were working on Silverstone by a pic of mod manager (right?), and now suddenly a pic of Nurburgring pit building without any information ;) However, this is GREAT.

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

How do you know that it's ISI track? :) Maybe it's mianiak's private project :)

3. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

But Mianiak is just a tester, not an ISI employee, so maybe this is a private project of his?

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Oops... I just saw the ISI logo :( They are confusing...

5. Twista

Twista Registered

It won't let me reply to you for some reason, I think your inbox is full...:confused:

[​IMG]

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Sorry about that mate... I was wondering why you weren`t getting back to me... :p

Made space now. The skins done, just need advice on the names/numbers thing. :)

7. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Correct :)

It's refurbished ISI's rF1 track. It started as a conversion to give the community something to use with the FISI, but a straight conversion was not really to my liking, so the track and terrain got rebuilt with with new mesh to better suit rF2. Then it got used for the F2 promo thingy and I noticed some comments made about it being the old layout and realised that there was no point in converting it without all the new stuff, so along came the two new buildings, Ring @ Werk, Impressionen and the Ring Racer. Then I thought wth, I may aswell rebuild the whole track, so I started on the pit building, still working on that now, all the other buildings will get rebuilt in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Looking very nice mianiak...

:cool:

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Nurburgring GP.

This has made my day. :)

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

And I feel stupid now, but I'm glad about this news anyway :eek: Fantastic :D

11. feels3

That's great news, I love that track!
    Looks very good! :)

Maybe you should start your own thread? That would be nice :)

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, that's how it was with my shader pack ;)

Nurburgring is a good news. Now people will be suggesting that when you finish it, you should say: "Wth, I may aswell add the North Loop..." :)

13. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

K Szczech, can I ask is it even possible at this stage to put the shaders similar to the ones you used on rF1 Navarra into rF2 tracks?

14. tjc

tjc Registered

lol yeh...

You might have started something big for yourself here mianiak...

:D

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

One of my favorite tracks, the Nurb' GP:cool:

16. osella

osella Registered

And while he's at it, adding südschleife and turning the whole 28km track into 60s feel shouldn't be a problem either :D

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Woa mianiak...

You`d better take some holidays man...

:D

18. feels3

Wow, North Loop!?

We are counting on you mianiak! :D

19. Thor

Thor Registered

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Great work so far Mianiak, looking forward to some updates in the future.

@those that are comparing those photo's with a yellow hue and the blue hue, it really depends on time of day and time of year. Working with indirect lighting is nice to do, but you have to take into account the strength of the direct lighting as well. Also consider the environment that you are looking at. All of the colors around your focal point are going to come into play when thinking about indirect lighting as all of the colors will bounce to some degree so adding a single color filter isn't going to reflect a true image in most instances. The picture of the house on the beach is a prime example of this as you can see reflected light change colors on the wall as you go up or down it. Had there been more color's around the house, you would have seen more colors projected onto the wall.

That house shot is almost certainly in mid summer as the sun's strength is high meaning it is likely closer to us having more influence on the colors around than the sky itself does. Also consider that though we see the sky as blue, the density of this color is very light when it comes to the sun passing through it and is why we still see a strong yellow color when showing images of the sun. In winter when the sun is further away, the atmosphere will have more of a color filter effect on the sun making it a little more blue.

One other thing to think of is the fact that color intensity can only be visualized by the human eye across a specific range at any given time just like a camera. If you go from outside where the sun is bright into your house where the room is dark you can easily see the lack of range of the human eye. It needs time to adjust to the changed lighting. This is part of the reason that even in real life some scene's look a little washed out. People wear sunglasses or other glasses that can adjust how much light gets to the eye so that the color range falls into a level that they are more comfortable with, but it doesn't change the fact that in real life the sun does wash out a scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.