rF2 Replay + Time Acceleration Enter "Slow Mode"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TheSuisseExpress, Nov 19, 2020.

1. TheSuisseExpress

TheSuisseExpress Registered

Hello Everyone,

Over the past few months, I've racked up quite a few hours on rF2. Unfortunately, I've noticed that there's been a major issue as of late that really hampers my enjoyment of the simulator. After only a bit of running, the replay seems to enter a slow mode of sort, as if slow motion replay was turned on. I can tell this is the case as the real time clock and the replay clock fall out of sync if you play from live. This becomes an issue because I do a lot of videos with rF2, and having no usable replays is a bit of a roadblock. Another piece of the puzzle was found last night, as I discovered that the Time Acceleration is also affected by this. The CTRL-X Time acceleration isn't as effective, barely lifting the rate above the standard rate. I've done checks, and RAM usage is rarely above zero (this was suggested as a problem). Of note is the fact that I have an option in the config files, "record replays to RAM" (or something to that effect), set to on as otherwise I get occasional stuttering in the game when the replay has to stop and restart.

Running a Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2060 Super, 16gb Ram for reference.
    Any and all assistance in tracking this issue down and solving it is greatly appreciated. I have some video from last night that I can post if it would be helpful.

Thanks!

jazzmega likes this.
  2. pferreirag60

pferreirag60 Registered

Happens the same to me. I have a Xeon e5 1660 v3@ 4600 with 32GB and 1080ti, and record to ram active, also.

jazzmega likes this.
  3. jazzmega

jazzmega Registered

4. TheSuisseExpress

TheSuisseExpress Registered

5. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

Did anyone give you answer on this? I’m having the same issue and it stinks.

6. wrff.tiger@gmail

So update to my original post. I ran the same race with the same car, Porsche 917 at 66' Spa, and didn't have the issue. The issue appears random for me. So sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. No idea what could be causing it. Anyone have any guesses?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Try repeating the test. they just released a new build that may have addressed your issue

8. wrff.tiger@gmail

Hey Davehenrie, I am still experiencing the issue. I just ran a race using GTPC Porsche 956/B at Lugana Seca and the replay is in slow motion. So this still seems to be an issue for some track and car combinations.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This randomness makes the problem harder to solve. One of the repeated phrases we've heard from S397 is if they can Repeat the problem on their systems. Unless they can reliably see the problem, they may not know where to begin an investigation. Frustrating.

10. wrff.tiger@gmail

Yeah, I don’t know what to tell you. It happens to me randomly. I was getting it at spa 66 driving porsche 917 but ran another race there with no problem. I have experienced a couple of times at laguna seca with a few different cars, but most of the time with most cars it runs fine. I wish I could be more help. I wish it could be fixed.

11. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Happens to me sometimes as well, seems random, I cannot do anything specific to trigger it. The worst sort of bug to find a cure for.