Rf2 reinstalling,lost lifetime key activation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Kiwi_TKR, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

I would've posted in support (assuming this is were this post is meant to go?)
    but got this message : (You have insufficient privileges to post here.) *admin please move this post to the correct thread if required*

anyways, I've emailed support about how to reinstall,an asked whats required

1) I found the latest download .. I think it was 125g an I cant seem to find that now but has 1.89 KB (1,936 bytes)
    hopefully this is correct?

2) right click the desktop rf icon an run as admin , I get the below four options
    a) purchase (already done this an have my email with account details from rf site if required)
    b) activate: key required(lost email) email
    c) demo
    d)forgot key/already purchase ,(I've done this step) then click this an filled out details

3) I see now rf is merging over too steam (correct?) see number 1 latest download
    (or what Rf version is required to run with or at steam?)
    an is this easily done (if so how? or a link to the post please)

cheers
    Kiwi

Disregard the above ,semi resolved!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Depco

Depco Registered

If you did not make the jump over to steam yet then it is too late. You will have to purchase the steam version to get the latest updates. Your copy of rfactor 2 will still work, but it will be stuck at the version used right before the steam version was released.

3. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Depco

Thanks,
    I see that, but what I'm asking for is the original email from studio 397 please.

Yet to receive.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't post in support because you have to do it through the launcher. You are referring to rF1 above (1255g). The bottom of your post says disregard the above, semi resolved. (What is? What isn't?)

No idea what you want.

5. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Lazza
    Thanks for your reply.

To clear up my post:
    I would like the original email from studio 397 (that was addressed to me or to those of us with the RF2 game, asking or telling us about the move to steam ) please.

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Is your email the same as the one you registered with your original rf2 purchase?

7. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

@ Coutie
    Yes unchanged ... my gmail account is used for all simracing .

8. Coutie

Search for an email from rfactor.net. It should be from a year or more ago, before 397 took over.

9. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Image Space
    to me
    19 Sep 2015
    Details

Last email from Rfactor dated as above.
    nothing after till the beginning of this week.
    An no it doesn't mention any move to steam.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Well I can give you my e-mail, it looks like this. Dated 23.1.2017. The sender address was support@studio-397.com.

Kiwi_TKR likes this.
  11. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

No email from studio-397 with that date.

Anyways thanks for the email an your help.

I'm not sure why I don't have one , I check my emails an spam box at least weekly ,if not sooner .

Possible the email went to my spambox an I missed it.

Can who/m ever sent the first email to me resend the original, please.
    (I want to see if that email went to my spambox)

Thanks again to all the above for the help.

Guimengo likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if you realise, but you're wasting your time. And I don't mean any offense by that, nor am I necessarily saying that the situation should or shouldn't be so.

But no matter whether you establish that you did get sent an email or not, you won't get a free upgrade to steam.

13. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Lazza
    No offence taken.

I realise that I have missed the transfer RF2 To steam, an need to pay .

So as this process is not lost (I assume so since the oringal email can't be resent? Or found to resend)

So when I buy RF2 steam lifetime an use my gmail, I'll get an email an have no issues as I have ( seems so now?)

What I'm asking for is the email that studio 397 sent me way back then?
    (This shouldn't be hard to find an solve?
    (so I can then buy RF2 lifetime steam version knowing I'll get my studio 397 email an then save it within my gmail saved emails in case of issues.)

Or someone higher up that can send me the original email,That's all I ask.

14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Here is what the email reads! Dated 24 Jan 2017
    There may have been an earlier email but cant find it.....

http://us15.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f244cf76eabd0c57676af0a25&id=d3ee20a882&e=e07bc36c44

Full Steam ahead for rFactor 2!
    Hi there!

Our records show you own a license for rFactor 2 and that you might not have migrated this license to Steam yet.

Rest assured, your license will remain valid and you will be able to keep playing rFactor 2. It does however mean that you will not get any future updates to rFactor 2, including the free on-line access, since those are only available to if you migrate to Steam.

Our offer to migrate to Steam for free runs until the January 31st, 2017 which is why we're reaching out to you now. If you want to migrate, all you need to do is to fill out this form and we will e-mail you a Steam key: https://commerce.rfactor.net/steam-transfer-form

Once you've done that, you need to install the Steam Client here: http://store.steampowered.com/about/ Then you can follow these instructions to activate your product on Steam: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate e-mail us at support@studio-397.com or post in our support forum at: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/rfactor-2-technical-support.138/

Thank you for all your support - we look forward to seeing you soon.

Studio 397

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  15. Coutie

There is no lifetime subscription, it's just rfactor2.

I'm not entirely sure of the reason you want the email. It's too late to convert your game to steam, so nothing in the email will help you. Your email is not linked to your game in any way now, it's all done through steam.

16. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

@Kiwi_TKR if you want to keep playing an updated version of the game, you have to pay 29.95 euros or us dollars...via the Steam store...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/rFactor_2/

When you've bought it you can play it on Steam all you want and it'll update whenever there is an update released... You can make use of Steams build-in Workshop feature to get mods... See a track you like in the workshop all you do is hit the subscribe button and it will download automatically and it'll keep itself updated to the latest version automatically as well. It's all worth it in my opinion.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

the lifetime thing was removed, now you just buy the game and can drive online, like it should have been from day 1 :)

18. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Ok, So (if an when) I have any buying issues how do I prove I brought the game ? (One would think there is a transaction record as proof from both party's?)

Why do I want the email : To know there will be no email issues from both party's. (If this is how proof of purchase is done ?)

Can someone from support send me a test email, as a test please?

From studio 397 too my gmail account.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You get an email from Steam when you buy now, that's proof enough of purchase.

20. Kiwi_TKR

Kiwi_TKR Registered

Why steam ?
    Wouldn't we get one from studio 397?

I would like the first email studio 397 sent to me as proof of it was sent (so I can see where that email ended up )

From replys above , looks like this is not going to happen?
    (One would think you : Studio 397 have this on record?

Or

Can a test email from studio 397 to my gmail address be sent to me?
    (Or is this not going to happens as well?)