RF2 Purchase and download from steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Larry Haworth, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Larry Haworth

Larry Haworth Registered

I just purchased RF2 on Steam (About a week ago). Followed all directions to download the sim to my pc. The download was a success except, the only Car is a Corvette and Track is Silverstone. No other cars or tracks are available. What did I do wrong? I need very detailed instructions to get all the cars and tracks that are supposed to come with RF2. Thanx for any and all help you can provide.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That almost sounds like you got the demo instead of the full game. But to be sure try the following. First above the text that shows the car's name, it should display the term: All Tracks & Cars. Next click on the text(not the picture/icon) of the Corvette and you should see all the available alternatives. Do the same with the track, click on the text that says Silverstone. You should see all available tracks when you do that. If this doesn't you have the demo, not the full game. Perhaps you installed the wrong download.

3. Larry Haworth

Larry Haworth Registered

I have tried your suggestions. None worked. I don't believe I downloaded the trial version. Therefore, I wrote the following to the "support@studio-397.com" on 3/19/21 and have so far (3/26/21) received no response.

"Since you (or Steam) have refused to issue a refund I am requesting a new download. The original download after paying for the game did not include any cars or tracks other than "Corvette" and "Silverstone Circuit". Someone suggested that I may have downloaded the trial version. I have tried several times to get all of the game I paid for. All ways I have tried have failed. I have un-istalled and reinstalled the software via Steam, several times with the same result: Only one track and car are available.

Please make this right. I would like very much to run this product. Below is the data concerning this game. With this email I am asking for a CD (RF2) for a PC, a download to a flash drive, or authorize from your web site a new download (preferred).

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx783
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Purchased: Mar 12 @ 11:29am
    rFactor 2 - $33.75"

Wondering what I can do next. Any suggestions?

4. Stevy

Stevy Registered

If you bought the full game, which I guess you did, you will find it in your Library in Steam.
    If you bought and download it the first time it will also download and install every free content Studio 397 offers.
    See here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/studio-397/myworkshopfiles/?appid=365960
    That's the whole content you should have installed (or be subscribted to if you visit the workshop) when you start the game.

5. Larry Haworth

Larry Haworth Registered

I guess that is my problem. I don't know how to install all of the items shown on the workshop. I would think RF2 would install all of the content including what you show in the referenced protocal. As I said I have un-installed (from W10 settings) RF2 several times and then reinstalled (Definition of insanity) it (from Steam) with the same result (One car and One track). Can I download RF2 without using Steam? Therefore, I ask, exactly how do I get all of the free items that come with RF2? Step by step if you please.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Larry Haworth That sounds really strange.
    Can you post a Screenshot of your Steam Game Library List?
    Just to see how rFactor 2 is listed there.
    And when rFactor 2 was installed properly and you did install it with the defaulr Settings, you should have the Path:
    ..Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\
    And in the Folder "Installed", besides of some other Subfolders, you should have the Subfolders "Locations" and "Vehicles".
    When you open these 2 Subfolders, what do they contain?

DJCruicky and lagg like this.