rf2 mods problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by narmeth, May 24, 2014.

1. narmeth

narmeth Registered

hello guys, i don't know if there are any thread like that but i couldn't find..if so sorry..
    when i want to enter online racing, its trying to install the mod that i already have..for eample i have FR 3.5 2014 and the track of the racing but it still trying to download and install the mod..and sometimes when it tries to install those somestimes it can't..
    why could this be? or what i need to do?
    thank you..

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Hey man,

First double check if your mod/track is actually installed. open mod manager, find the content, see if there is a 'yes' behind it and install-button is greyed out.
    If you are using 2 different rf2 installs, make sure the path to packages points into the correct packages folder because you might have 2 and are checking in the wrong one. (mod manager/packages Dir at bottom)

But, it could also simply mean the server you are trying to connect to has altered the mod or track, if so, it will try to install the 'new' mod for you.
    And yes, sometimes auto-download has issues and comes with errors as well.

Is this on 1 particular server or random servers?

3. narmeth

narmeth Registered

hey mate,

1st of all thanks for your respond and sorry for late one from me (wasnt here)..i checked all mods and tracks and there is any problem about installation..they all seems as you said..and have 1 rF2 install also..
    and it mainly happens trying to enter random ones but sometimes particulars..but i guess you are right about alteration of the mod or track..can try again today and will see..

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I guess you are aware that you have to download vmod (small file combining track(s) and car(s)) from a server even when you have all the content installed already. Maybe you confused it with that?