rF2 minimum requirement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gambero, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Gambero

Gambero Registered

Hi all,

first of all glad to see here a well designed forum dedicated to rFx with in language sections, great ;)

secondly, but not second
    what are the minimum and suggested PC system requirements to run this new ISI creature ?

thanks

good work guys

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  2. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

we still don't know that... :S

3. Gambero

Gambero Registered

nothing at all ?
    that's a problem ...

4. hoover

hoover Registered

I guess the minimum requirement would be some form of PC. Right? ;-)

I don't know why you're so obsessed with the specs, once rf2 hits the shelves, components will likely be a bit cheaper than they are today, so why don't you just have patience until we find out from the devs? ;-)

All the best, Uwe

5. Gambero

Gambero Registered

ahahah I hope to buy rF2 sooner than your foresight ;)
    so I'm asking this to understand if my "today" PC system is enough to run it in a decent way
    if buying rF2 will force me to change the whole computer I'll have to think about :D

moreover I can offer my platform to beta test rF2, if ISI is looking for a sharp tester

ciao

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

try rF1 with 40 cars visible (ie PCC mod) in DX9 full details at fullHD. If you can run it over 60fps I'm sure the difference between rF1 and rF2 will not be significant for you.
    If you fight for every FPS (I understand you do after your queries) you will have the same problems in rF2

7. Gambero

Gambero Registered

my question is the first information to check in a game cover from everyone ...
    also rF1 with all at maximum works great on my PC but I think rF2 will be more and more heavy in terms of graphic card (but we don't know how much, except beta testers)

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

...but because there is no rF 2 available for us yet (you don't even get official release date announcement) so there's nothing to check at the moment. When the time will come, ISI definatelly will provide us more info about hardware requirements for rF 2 :)

9. V6_

V6_ Registered

This information is pretty important to me because I have a pretty low end pc and might have to begin saving for new pc parts if the game is demanding, hopefully I can still run it as is.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The thing is ISI probably dont know the final specs yet and they wont until much nearer to release, same with a vast majority of games on the market. Whilst that can be frustrating for "those that need to know" its just the way it is, my suggestion to those folk is to run rF1 at max settings in DX9, then judge for yourself if you think you need an upgrade.....if you upgrade too much for RF2 then at least your PC will be amazing for a couple of years ;)

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

12. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

I don't get the need for minimum requirement either. I'm sure rFactor2 will have graphics adjustments and like MaXyM eluded to unless you are running rFactor minimum requirements not, it's not likely going to be a huge deal unless you are expecting software released in 2010/11 to run on 10 year old hardware at 100fps.

13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well its still on DX9 so that should clue you in. If you can run anything other then rfactor, Farcry2, stalker, even counterstrike at DECENT (+30) Frames I wouldn't worry.

If you are afraid to run HL2 on more then minimum settings.. Upgrade.

Why not just post your specs here and we can decide if it is time.

14. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

I would guess this:
    Duel Core Processor 1.8Ghz or faster
    ATI 5 series or higher
    Memory: 2-3 Gb

Thats only because RF1 was being run on a-
    Intel P4 2.4Ghz Cpu
    ATI 4 series Video card

And i was getting 30-60 ( depending on mod).
    I would suspect with more add ins and Rain my current system will not beable to manage RF2.

sry for starting an old thread but its a good one because- I am looking upgrade my system- si im just gathering ideas.

15. WiX

WiX Registered

I would think minimum requirements could vary depending on the mods you want to run, and the number of cars and detail settings. Its 2011 . serious gaming needs serouis PC systems i guess.

16. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

It will be the same way like rf1 i guess. More polys needs more power. But we have to wait for an official announcment from the devs about the specs.

17. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

well, let's just wait. But i want it compatible with dx9, dx10 and maybe dx11 i think.

18. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

rFactor 2 will only support DirectX 9 as far as I know, and that's a good thing in my opinion since features like tesselation are wasting performance without enhancing the visual quality. A well optimised DirectX 9 engine can still look very decent. Take Crysis, for example.

On topic:
    I hear pretty much often that people are afraid whether they'll have to upgrade for rFactor 2 or not. The funny thing is, their PCs are struggling with rFactor 1 on medium settings already, so what will most likely be the case with rFactor 2? Correct, upgrade needed.

It's not that rFactor 2 will demand an Uber-PC, at least that's not what I expect. But it shouldn't be 6 years old, common sense tells me that rFactor 2 won't run decent on such old hardware, if at all. All components in my PC are at least 2 years old already, but it was a great investment and I believe I will be able to run rFactor 2 at maximum settings. It still eats rFactor 1 for breakfast, with maximum ingame settings, 60+ cars, 4x AA and 16x AF. When running a Test Day without AI, the framerate even goes beyond 300FPS sometimes. On a 2 year old rig...

What I mean is that upgrading your rig to be average by today's standards will most likely be enough and won't be that expensive.

I expect the minimum requirements to be somewhere around this:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
    1.5GB RAM
    512MB DirectX 9 compatible graphics card (GeForce 8800GT or Radeon HD 2900 XT)
    DirectX 9 compatible sound card

If you want to be on the save side, more will definitely be needed (this is probably for recommended settings, not maximum settings though!):

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz or equivalent
    2GB RAM
    1GB DirectX 9 compatible graphics card (GeForce GTX 280 or Radeon HD 4870)
    DirectX 9 compatible sound card

So if you still have something like a single core CPU and a GPU like a GeForce 6, you will have to upgrade. Like lespaul20 wrote already, don't expect a 2011 title to run on 6 years+ old hardware. Not gonna happen, besides, we want to take advantage of new features, no? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  19. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

well, at least dx10 can be supported, geforce gpu from 8000 series up to 500 series support it...

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I would have hoped most people using rFactor cared about their hardware but I know from experience most sim-racers on Race2Play play with all medium or low setting.. I can't imagine how sad their systems are to not be able to play rFactor (the most primitive effects game ever) smoothly. I have a program called RadeonPro that runs a special profile with rF1 on my now dated 4890-1gb forcing things like CFAA Wide-Tent 16xAA, 16xAF, Forced Vertical refresh, Temporal Anti-Aliasing 3x and a flip queue size of 3 frames.

Makes this game look significantly better.