rF2 Mills for mod development

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Slimjim, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

This is Mills from rF2 to be used in your Development section of the game for testing.
    it comes with both layouts..

drop the Mills folder inside of.
    rFactor2/ModDev/Locations folder and start the game
    then you can find it in the track section of the Development section of the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iz77g7stzrv4d72

2. SwiftyOne

SwiftyOne Registered

Nice one Slimjim ;)

Thanks ...
    Swifty

3. prunn

prunn Registered

can we expect the 8 other layouts as well?
    3+5 reverse :rolleyes:

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Thank you

5. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

this was to show track modders how to format the folders and what needs to go inside of them for it to work, like a track build template.
    also for car modders so they have a proper circuit to test their cars on, as Jonesville Oval is not very good for testing mods on.
    and yes there are 3 or 4 more layouts that can be driven, but has no AIW for them.. 2x more if you make reverse versions..lol
    if you know how to make AIW's for tracks, this should be very simple to make the new layouts work..
    I also use this to test removing objects from the .SCN file to see if it helps performance,
    removing objects not needed to race, but i have not found any performance gains by doing this.
    it seems everything creates a shadow in rF2 on the track, i'm sure the cars are the same.. now i am running rF2 with shadows off.

6. prunn

prunn Registered

I can easily create AIW... the thing I can't is move the xobjects

7. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

well it looks like there is a AIW editor in the game, i have not tested this though.
    you still could sort out the aiw path, and once you have done a few laps, all the cones will be out of the way..lol
    this will give the AI cars a path, but you don't need this to just drive the layout.
    1 of the layouts the timing still works, as you pass through all the sectors..
    that will be the big part of doing the other layouts, moving the sectors..
    as for now, i am just learning the basic how to get a car and track installed properly into the game.
    next will be converting F1 gmt's to rF2 gmt's, once that is done and texture and materials formatting learned,
    i can then properly start modding, converting to rF2.. you need to learn to walk before you can run.