rF2 inactive in Task-Manager

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Dobbie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hello,

i´ve got second time the problem, that rF2 starts either in single as also in multiplayer mode. As it get´s to end of loading screen it freezes and Task-Manager says "rF2 inactive".
    I´ve solved it first time with reinstall GPU driver, but few days later i´ve got same issue. Yesterday i shut down PC after driving, today i only start him and rF2, i didn´t change one option!!!

Did someone notice similar issues and solved it? Last things they had changed last weeks were an BIOS Update for the ASUS 370 Gaming and as i have seen an Win10 update. GPU driver for the MSI 1070ti is the last version.

Thanks for hints!

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I had this problem starting Streamlabs OBS before starting rFactor2

3. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Hi Andre,

i did not have this. But it´s very strange, restart windows did not change the issue, but after shut down, next day rF2 starts without any changes on something :rolleyes:. Sometimes you can´t believe what´s going on o_O.

4. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I had a similar issue last weekend. Steambootloader was stuck in a loop. Had to completely re-install everything from Win 10 on.

Steam was launched by the same folks who gave us Windows Millennium so I wouldn't expect their code to even meet the dreadful quality control that Win ME was developed with.

Its a major annoyance to me that after purchasing 2 lifetime RF2 licenses that I am forced to deal with a totally incompetent middleman to resolve sloppy and careless coding practices. If we wrote code as carelessly as Steam does commercial airplanes would be crashing daily.