rf2=GRIPFEST with quadcore??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, Mar 12, 2013.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Am I imaging it, or have all my problems now gone with my new PC:confused:
    If so, it would seem that the culprit was most likely my old e8400 dualcore CPU, as I had 4gigs of ram and a 6850, which I think is adequate.

My new CPU is a stock clocked i3570 with the magnificent Coolermaster Hyper 212 Heatsink.

It's nearly 3am back here, so maybe I'm dreaming, anyway, I'll put more time in tomorrow to confirm, but that annoying tight chassis flex around each corner feels like it's gone.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Reading the title i thought you was reporting a bug where you have more grip on track with a quadcore cpu :p

Good to see its working, i'm running on edge as well, mainly my gfx card which needs upgrading but its do-able for now. i wonder how much the sim improves once i do, i can emagin allot since its all about smooth pixel perfect driving.

3. Jos

Jos Registered

You should overclock for even more grip ;)

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I know that my post is OT with this 3d but Look, I'm using a triple screen setup, but 3days ago I wanted to make some photos, so I have switched to one screen setup! after I made some photos I had the curiosity to make some laps with one monitor with the Corvette at Poznan and I have felt, immediatly, more grip that I usually don't have with 3 screens!
    I'm not sure about this, but I have to make more tests !

5. osella

osella Registered

*Really* bad thread name.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA, beauty player, thx for chiping in!!!!!

7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I went for a Saphire Vapour X 7950......it's yet to exceed 55c maxing rf2.....and the i3570 has outdone itself.
    I feel like the e8400 could only calculate so much and that's why there was FFB holes, but it now feels very connected and much easier to keep it on track consistently.

External car models look heaps better as well now as does the road and rubber build up.
    rf2 is virtually another game with the right equipment.

8. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

Anything heard about Inputlag on fps higher than 60?

Is vSync enabled?

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

F2chump, I expect what you were experiencing before, and with the triple screens is input lag. It is doubtful that changing the CPU would have the effect you are talking about. Glad you got it sorted and you are liking the cars and tracks now though. :)

10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Whatever it was, it does seem gone, so I should be able to drive the Corvette without constant spins.
    I'm now playing Crysis 2007 at 1080p+8aa maxed:cool:

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

lols@ CPU=grip level. Nothing like informational white noise clogging the forums.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

U better be plain crysis with crazy mods, crazy special effects and explosion and particle physics/fx mods, crazy foliage and texture mods, time of day/lighting/HDR mods, etc.

It's dx9, yet one of the greatest looking video games of all time.

Let me know i can send u mods

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Ok, cool, thx for that.

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Champ/chump, I had a 6850, but a 7950 isn't 50x faster, plus I wasn't anywhere near maxing the GFX, so it seems like the CPU was a big help in making the game smooth and drivable.

15. Minibull

Minibull Member

****, I run rF2 on an E6600...grip is not in relation to Ghz. E-Peen size is though ;)
    So lemmie guess, you figured out how to actually drive and correct what you were doing wrong, and now it's working out for you...hmmmmmm

16. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOL, some of you love nothing more than hollering noob all day, it must make you feel special, perhaps there's deficiencies in other area's of your lives huh.....

17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

What were your minimum FPS before and after the CPU upgrade? I know that the minimum FPS on my system is limited only by CPU.
    I changed GPU form GTX570 to GTX670 -> minimum FPS was the same. When i downclock my CPU form 3.4GHz to 2.4GHz i get the same change in minimum FPS (2.4/3.4).
    So maybe your system was CPU limited too and what you feel is the increase of the minimum FPS -> more FPS and less input lag.

Another but wild thought is: afaik rf2 uses two threads, one for physics and one for graphics. What if the physics thread is the more CPU demanding thread. What if rf2 lessens physics details or skip some calculation to not blocking the graphics thread?

And last one. Do you have some CPU eating tasks in the background? So rf2 now really gets two cores for itself?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
  18. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Thing is, the F2/3/60's drove well for me on my old PC, so I assumed that the other cars were physics/FFB problems, not PC power, + i wasn't maxing the GFX.

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I was about to run out and buy a new mobo and 8-core FX-8350! Double DOUBLE grip!!!!:D

20. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

DO DAT **** PLAYER!!!!!!!!!
    I can't remember whether it was F1 2011 or the F1 2012 demo, but I was testing the built in performance demo, and got 31fps, so I turned down a bunch of stuff and got a whopping 36fps, however, with my new system{specs in profile}, I got 115fps maxed in F1 2012 the game, so my old system was CLEARLY bottlenecked by something, most likely the CPU as a 6850 isn't that slow.