rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

They try, but the ISI engine will be much more complex because they have a dynamic weather system, day night cycle and so on. Maybe all these features have been announced to AC too but I haven't seen them yet.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The lower pic is from build 069 with shaders from build 068.

Here is your profile. Have fun. :D
    View attachment OuterSpaceHDRblackSky_redSun.zip

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

yes, all this features will be in AC

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I cant even start to express how much I doubt the equality of their physics, not to mention that they would be better. Thats just crackhead talk right there Alesi.

5. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

You hope....

Are there any plans for dynamic weather and track environments?

Marco Massarutto – We have a huge list of things we’d like to put into the simulator. Weather and dynamic track are, of course on that list. But the idea is to announce these features only, if and, when they are up and working.

http://www.autodebut.com/2012/racing-simulator-assetto-corsa-developer-qa/

Like the pit stops, rain and night time racing you are gonna have to wait a good while for AC to deliver the dynamic weather and tracks features.

I have no doubt that AC will eventually be great, but I doubt it will be the greatest thing ever when it is released and if you think it will be, then I believe that you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment.
    Like the original rFactor, it will need time to mature and improve.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  6. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I'm waiting for properly working HDR ;)

Currently I can drive only in OW cars, in other cars, track is over-brightened.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not usaually use HDR because of this. And I don't drive much with OWs but did not know that it's better with those.

8. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

In ISI view of graphics and physics the. Not from AC, sense to compare a dependent product isn't present.
    To me too slow development of rF2 isn't poisoned only. More than in a year, visible improvements it isn't visible, except optimization. Though I suspect that everything is ready for a long time, spray from the wet road, indistinct glasses from a rain, the advanced system of loose surfaces for an autocross. The realroad system kills strongly. It is necessary to reconsider its work cardinally, but fundamental nature of technology doesn't allow to make it quickly and qualitatively.

9. Duvel

Duvel Registered

You remind me of that policeman from 'ello 'ello: "Good moaning".

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Officer Crabtree from "Allo allo"... and you are correct the likeness is uncanny.

11. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

That`s how Lighting and Car-Reflection looks, and Racing Sims sounds in 2013:

Welcome in Today...

12. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

wow! really impressive!
    is it possible (to be expected) that rf2 looks that way one day?

13. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Be interesting to see the rig specs to get that level of graphics

Just had a chat in the pcars forum, that game is getting for high end specs only, but I get a better drive and ok graphics with rfactor2

Rfactor's appeal at the moment is the fact that mid range rigs can still run it with some bells and whistles turned on. If you want rf2 to look like those other racers, be prepared to spend on a few upgrades :)

14. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

In iRacing I have way more than twice as many frames as in rFactor2. Both on maximum details (Edit:i7 3770 and GTX670). I have limited my Frames at 120 and they never go down except at Start of a Race.
    Edit: But iRacing have no dynamic Day and Weather and Road...

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

What iRacing needs is not better graphics. They need to get their physics engine and ffb to the rF2 level... gimme the 400hz and then we can talk about it.

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

That's my point, your rig is pretty high end and clearly has no issues monstering the new sims. If all the sims in development go for glossy looks then a lot of people will be left behind or have to spend to upgrade.

Which of course is the way of things, but it's nice that rf2 is offering something different at the moment from pcars, Iracing and AC

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

That made me want to watch Nascar, and I'm in luck, theres Daytona 500 spring cup today.
    Starting actually right now.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  18. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I would not say so. From all the titles I've tried (rF2, iRacing, pCARS, AC tech) rF2 runs with worst fps while other titles look better and perform better. Even when you maximize rF2 graphics, it is not anywhere near the quality of those titles I mentioned.

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

...because the power goes to the superior physics.

20. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

It does not. You can replace all the graphics with plain box meshes and you get hundreds of fps's. This is a fact.