rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

there is RSRBR (or somethind like it) with tons of downloads

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

That looks very impressive! I would like to drive that track with Clio + rf2 physics + rf2 FFB. Is it possible to convert RBR tracks to RF2?

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya I was just going to say, and its awesome, tons of support and updates. Its like the official non-official mod lol.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

With a better sound engine, it could be getting closer and closer, but it seems the current sound engine is very little improved from the first game, other than more channels to support. Iracing is really pushing their sound engine development if you listen to videos of the new Aussie V8 car (only it takes advantage so far of iracings further progressed sound engine, and I believe the newly released Gen 6 Nascar as well). Iracing and Battlefield Bad Company2/Battlefield 3 are games that show what is possible when a developer actually cares about its technical sound design software (just beginning to, in the case of iracing).

5. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Those RBR screens are impressive.
    I may just have to reload that sim.

7. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Originally posted by Tim in the screenie thread but as this is the graphics expectations thread I thought it deserved a re-post.

:cool:

9. Takumi

Takumi Registered

Hello cuys. Not sure if this is right thread to my message. I have some huge problems with graphics/fps at certain tracks. I got very good fps for example at Poznan, Mid-ohio, Croft and Maleysia(60-150fps) with all maxed beside reflections. But with very same setup at LRP, Spa(new) and Monza I am in troubles. Getting 30-40 fps in those tracks and it is even worse with AI.

Is there something wrong with those tracks? Am i only one who struggles with those particular tracks? It is kind of sad that I need to tune my settings down just because there is so huge variations between some tracks. That is very frustrating.

10. Tony

Tony Registered

Takumi, haven't got the Spa track, but with Monza I think quite a lot of us have less fps - especially around the paddock & pit-straight. It's a fantastic looking track & high on detail I guess

As well as all the pit & grandstand buildings & big advertising hoardings, you also have nice tress all having to be drawn as well..

Still a sensational track though, along with Old Spa :D

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yes there is something wrong with certain tracks, they are either early beta versions or need alot of optimisations & "syncing" with present build

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

New gloves? :rolleyes: :eek:

13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Semetin looked great so I downloaded the plugin and the track, did the installs etc. however, it won't let me do an offline shakedown of this track because it tells me I cannot play this track offline. I changed an INI setting to finally get the track to attempt to load but RBR crashed half way through. How are people even able to run these tracks. The online tournaments are a complete mess. I did select a Semetin test tournament, but got another error about not having the correct car. This whole czech plugin is essentially designed so you cannot play anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  14. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

This is a bit crazy. You can drive the track only on Tournaments. Don't worry, you only have to register at rbr cz and then you can log in with the plugin. There are always tournaments with semetin and others.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Latest build still has the issue with shaders that cars do not reflect as they should in daylight. Take a look at this comparison posted in this very thread earlier. When I go out on a walk and watch cars parked, they reflect a lot, both sunlight and environment. rF2 cars, however, do not behave this way, especially not for sunlight.

These sort of things are "easy" tweaks and would make rF2 cars look more the likes of AC, without changes to the game engine itself, which is more than capable in its current state.

16. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I get the impression that most of you have HDR enabled.

Is that accurate?

17. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yes you make sense and I agree.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Dude RBR physics are unbeatable. Just drive RBR.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Czech physics are better IMO.