[REL] rF2 Driver 2020 Mod

Discussion in 'Other' started by FuNK!, Jul 7, 2021.

1. FabiGamingTV

FabiGamingTV Registered

Hi, i want to change the gloves for any Formula E Team but it doesnt changes. There are still the Formula E default gloves. My Textures are named ...Extra4,Extra5 and i changed the VEH.file like Post #4. Can someone help me?

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Editing the VEH file for the FormulaE should not be needed. If you have texture names like "altExtra4.dds" and "altExtra5.dds" that should work directly, I would assume.

3. FabiGamingTV

FabiGamingTV Registered

didn`t work

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Found the answer, it's extra8 and extra9 for the FE2021 ;)

5. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

thanks @FuNK!
    excellent addon

the only thing that is difficult is to find it in menu

because i already had a category S397 with skins from CS (Competition System)
    and your mod is also in a folder named "S397"
    maybe in new update you can rename it ? without S397

just RF2 Driver 2020

or better ==> 2020 rF2 Driver

it will be on top of the vehicles list !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  6. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I'm afraid there is no update planned currently. But maybe I will have a look into this if there is any free minute during the holidays :cool:

Matt21 likes this.
  7. zand

zand Registered

First of all, thank you for this mod! I'm trying to change the gloves on the Porsche 992 gt3 Cup, but I can't. I tried Extra4=altGLOVER.dds, Extra5=altGLOVEL.dds, Extra8, Extra9, ... with no results. Can you help? Is it possible to change the gloves on this car? Thanks.

8. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

maybe 992 cup does not accepte but why

it depend of your VEH lines and Files naming
    put a screen of your folder

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

I don't have the car so I cannot check. But likely you need to use altGLOVES as a name when doing an alternative skin. If you create your own car with a unique VEH you could then try to set different names for the extra5 and extra6. Admitted, I don't know whether these two were actually used. This could be checked via trace file or when extracting the default skins and have a look into the VEH files. However, first just try naming the glove texture altGLOVES and see if that works.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

From what i see, the Gloves don't seem to use a WC Material to be paintable, so you can not do it.
    The Gloves of all Drivers look the same and there are no Entries for them in the veh File and also no additional dds Files for them.

11. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

This mod doesn't appear to work with the 2023 UI. What am I doing wrong? I am trying to figure out how to look at helmets/suits/gloves with the USF-17

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

This mod is standalone and should be (if I remember correctly) listed in category "S397" and therein listed as "rF2 Driver 2020". You can create your driver, helmet, and gloves textures and view them with this mod. But that's it. You would need to transfer the files and likely have to rename them to have them working with the USF-17. I noticed your other forum post on this particular step, so seems you are on the right track to get your issue resolved :cool: