RF2 does not display full size on monitor

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by maddawg, Apr 24, 2023.

1. maddawg

maddawg Registered

The displayed image is approx 75% of my monitor area? I have tried expanding the image w/o any success. I also cannot enlarge square/double square icon in the upper right hand corner. I have tried verifying the file validity, nope. rrrrrrrrr.jpg

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Run the video config (press PLAY in steam to run rF2, you should get a menu - select graphics config). Looks like you have the wrong resolution selected.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@maddawg bit more help for you:

Open up your steam library, so you have the list of games on the left. Click on rFactor 2 and you'll see a green PLAY button, or you can right-click it and you'll have a PLAY option in that menu too. Like this:

upload_2023-4-24_17-59-5.png

When you click one of those PLAY buttons, you should see this menu (see further below if you don't):

upload_2023-4-24_17-59-47.png

So the second option (select it, then click Play) will open up the graphics config. In there you'll want to select the correct resolution. You may also want to change it to fullscreen (which will always fill the screen, and you can't select the resolution), but windowed/borderless can be more flexible with things like simhub/tinypedal and multitasking with other programs. (Fullscreen works well with Windows Multiple Desktops, but that's another topic)

If you click PLAY and the game still just runs, you might have previously selected that first option and then ticked "Always use this option"

To remedy that, you want to right-click rFactor 2 in steam, go to Properties, and in the General tab you want it set to "Ask when starting game" as below:

upload_2023-4-24_18-3-32.png

PS 'Proper' games, that aren't built for a window, won't usually resize the way you were trying to do. You need to set the resolution via a config program or within the game itself. In rF2 I'd suggest using the config program, sometimes doing it within the game will cause issues.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  4. maddawg

maddawg Registered

Thanks for your input. Up and running again, much appreciated Lazza!! yyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg yyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg lllllllllllllllllllll.jpg lllllllllllllllllllll.jpg