RF2 dev mode help

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SPASKIS, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ethone

ethone Registered

Did you use any vertex color on the road mesh? As RealRoad used that itself it wouldn't show and could look different than what you'd expect or saw when you didn't use the RR tech.
    Did you increase the poly density? For RR to work properly you'll need several polys across the track.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I already read this info in "track technology pdf". In 3dsimed it is the shame. I opened several racesurface.gmt objects from original rfactor2 tracks and copied the secondary textures necessary for real road. I introduced alpha channel for stage 1 textures as well. I provide a screenshot comparison of both materials.
    View attachment 4538
    I open the scene with viewer and the result is perfect.
    View attachment 4539
    As I said in dev mode you can touch parameters and change the aspect of the road and scenery...
    The same thing when I open the track in dev mode:
    View attachment 4540
    In dev moded this aspect can be changed changing the parameters in the menus. If I change fog and turn marbles and groove to manual this is the new appearance:
    View attachment 4541
    I try to save the aspect I like with load and save buttons. However it looks like nothing changes. Can someone explain what are these buttons for?
    Finally when I pach the track and open it in single player mode, the aspect is the following. The road presents strange shadows and excessive marbles!
    View attachment 4542

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't know what is a vertex color. This is really confusing for me. I dont understand how things are so difficult. If dev mode and viewer show a fine aspect, why the single player mode is different. I am sorry, but if tutorials were a little bit better I think I would understand what I am doing wrong. It seems to me that something new appears everytime I complete the steps I have already been told.

4. ethone

ethone Registered

If you don't know what vertex color is then you haven't used any, so you can ignore it. ;)
    Dev mode might be bugged or not right now, but as Jka said the viewer should work fine right now.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the post with the pictures you can see what viewer shows. It looks perfect in viewer. The problem is when I pack it and play in single player mode. Is it normal or shoukld i repack it to see if it is a packaging problem?

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Does anybopy know why some racesurafce objects look Ok while others look wrong? In my case, both the good one and the bad one use the same material and this confuses me. If some one could have an explanation of where the differnece could be between both objects...
    I put some picture on the post above

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

You could have messed up uv channels on the one which looks bad, I'd double check that first really.

8. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Anyone else Have Mod Dev not open?...I just installed the New Nvidia Drivers(which is a Beta!?)...now Mod Dev just doesnt open?....HELP!

9. SVO

SVO Registered

This is several days old, but I too have the nvidia beta drivers and all is working with no problems.

10. ethone

ethone Registered

Try running "Configure Sim" from the launcher again and make sure the settings are to your liking. Then click OK to close the video setup screen.
    Then copy the config.ini file from rfactor2\UserData to rFactor2\ModDev\UserData and overwrite the old one.
    And let us know if it helped. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Mod Dev not Running?

View attachment 4851
    Thanks for the help!...i just tried this, but still nothing?..it flashes up the eggtimer icon for a second then nothing happens!...iam a bit lost, last hope is to uninstall to get it working!?...
    **Ive attached a screen shot from the verify, comin up with an ini2 Error?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012