rF2 crashes to Oculus home

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Steve Olden, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

As soon as I put my Oculus rift on rF2 disappears and the Oculus Home screen comes up in the HMD. rF2 is still running on the mirror (tv) as I can see it when I hold up my rift and move it around.

Game works "fine" in flat screen mode.

I rolled back my nVidia driver as I thought that might have caused it - no change.

there have been Win10 updates and Oculus updates since I last used rF2, but do any other rift users have this problem?

what else could be causing this?

2. elbo

elbo Registered

if you have not already tried, try running the game windowed at a resolution lower than your screen and set VR to HMD+mirror.

Steve Olden likes this.
  3. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

There have many issues since Oculus forced the recent 1.31 update upon us.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/69768/rift-release-1-31-rolling-out-now-live

Primarily this requires the Oculus client to be launched and running to even get an image in the HMD. The old 'run as administrator' trick no longer works. (This prevented the Oculus client & Home launching automatically every time you put the headset on)

So first things first, try running the Oculus client, (either by clicking on the Oculus shortcut or putting on the rift) and then launching rF2 and not the other way around. SteamVR should also start up. If that works then you could always set the Oculus client to 'run as administrator' to avoid the client and Home launching automatically, as soon as you move the HMD. However you will still have to launch the Oculus client manually and this is now the the first thing I do when playing any sim.

If you still have issues, or you find that performance is compromised by the latest update, there is a potential workaround called 'Homeless' but that entails making unsupported changes to the Oculus client.

Good luck!

Steve Olden likes this.
  4. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Registered

Thanks Chaps, starting Oculus Home first has solved it and game now running ok.....