rF2 Championship Career System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodee, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Forgive me in advance as this will probably be a ramble post as these are just ideas with no formal idea of how to implement them into a working system. May involve "D&D like" dice rolls and character stats.

I am currently doing my own offline championship and I thought of some ideas to spice things up a bit. To increase the challenge if too easy, too decrease the difficulty if things become too hard. Add some random events to make races a little more "real".

The main idea is:
    • All teams in your championship have their own skill points/proficiencies.
    Teams will roll their stats (if you want completely fictional season with historical names). Stats could be also be gauged on historical team stature from a previous season. For example: McLaren may be harder to gain a seat in versus a Minardi.​
    • You as a driver have your own skill points/proficiencies.

You will use these points for things that may happen during the season and at season's end.

Driver market
    If you planned to complete a season and progress there could be a couple of ways to do this.
    If you are progressing using the same car mod then this is how I see things playing out.
    During the season each team will roll to see if they will keep their drivers depending on their season's performance. It is quite possible that your team may roll and not want to keep you on next season.

At the end of the season, teams with vacancies will be open to you if you choose.

If you plan on doing a season in a different era/year then only some teams will be open to upgrade/downgrade to if they still exist. e.g. McLaren 1979 still exists in 1999. Shadow 1979 may not have an equivalent in 1999.

Negotiating a contract
    You will enter into negotiation (battle) with these teams to gain a seat. Teams further up the grid will be harder to persuade (because of stats I haven't worked out yet).
    The "battles" could be a series of contested rolls to "wear down" the opposition and gain a vacancy. A dice roll and adding your proficiency modifier for charisma (or other stats) against a team roll would win or lose.

Difficulty adjustment
    AI strength could start at 100% but as the season progresses this could fluctuate depending on performance. An example of how this could work out could be:
    Season Length = 20 races
    Every 2-5 races AI performance is evaluated.
    Average finish = Top 5 = AI strength increases by 5%
    Average finish = Top 10 = AI strength increases by 2%
    Average finish = Top 15 = AI stays the same
    Average finish = Top 20 = AI strength decrease by 2%

The difficulty adjustment could also be done with weight penalties (success ballast).

Random Season Encounters
    I haven't thought out this completely but in order to spice things up perhaps there would be penalties awarded during the season for random events that may happen.
    Examples:
    • Your team could be caught tyre/fuel tampering and you will be put to the back of the grid next race.
    • What other dodgy things could happen to negatively affect your season and be reasonably applied to a race?
    • What positive things could happen and be applied to a race?

Adding more as I think of it....

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Anyone got any ideas?