RF2 cars tyre model LIST heirachy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Feb 12, 2019.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Does it really only affect some or these people dont know what to look for. Or even they think it feels OK like old isi cars.

Apart from strength, smoothness. I don't believe ffb can change that much ie;missing a whole force... from one wheel to another. Just don't buy that bs at all!

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I know it has been discussed a lot, but it would be enough for a person like M. Borda of S397 to tell us what he thinks about it, if they have investigated.

3. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Or maybe "these people" can accept that all cars not
    having the FFB feeling the same way.
    Maybe "other people" think it's not okay.
    Who is wrong?
    Endless discussion.

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

As u say endless. Each to their own I suppose

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

lol.

or the opinion of S397 could reassure some or on the contrary comfort them in their opinion ....

and in this case maybe that S397 plans to update the merco IF ITS JUSTIFICATED ONLY

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Many people said they don't have this FFB become weak while turning. What's weird even people with the same wheels have different FFB experiences with the Merc AMG. For instance for me FFB goes light but other T300 user said it's fine. Some even say it has the best FFB. It's easy to verify by comparing telemetry FFB channel ( I posted in the thread my comparison: Corvettte vs Merc and issue is clear).

7. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

When some people complain about FFB going light and some say it's fine, it doesn't necessarily mean that only the people complaining has this effect. The other people might have the same ffb, but just find the"ffb going light" to not be a problem, or they might like it.

Who likes it and who don't is one thing, but whether or not it is realistic to have this effect is another. At least i was convinced by the arguments that it would be realistic to have it with cars with certain kind of steering/suspension geometries.

Daytona 675 likes this.
  8. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I'm aware of that but, I thought it's mostly not the case. However, I admit it's weird that people with the same wheel give different reports. Again good way to determine is to compare is FFB telemetry of the Merc with people who claim FFB is OK.

9. neuer31

neuer31 Registered

I assume the Reiza DLC uses newest tires? Would be nice if post 1 gets updated

LokiD likes this.
  10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

That all seems to make too much sense. S397 simply screwed the pooch trying to fix a few existing problems without a clue of how the actual physics work, I suspect due to a total misunderstanding of thermodynamics. Not sure who's writing their requirements but its pretty clear they're lacking any sort of understanding of tire physics. Back when Gjon Camaj was running the show they actually got out to the tracks and paid attention to the experts. I miss those days.

11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That seems too harsh. It's true Michael Borda admitted some flaw in so called QSA of CPM after they got real detailed data from manufacturers. But my understanding is that after that we've seen iterative improvement, a evolution rather than revolution in tire model. I believe CPM is quite complex and different from other implementations so it wasn't fine tuned from the begging.

12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Are you sure?!?

13. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I also haven't seen info about it, but I think it's at least CPM v2. Maybe ask on Reiza forums?

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

No words about that
    So i'm in dubit

15. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

David Kolody and Mauro like this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I think I read the reiza cars still use the real feel ffb value too...

17. LokiD

LokiD Registered

18. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It may seem a bit harsh but then again so are the obvious flaws in thermodynamics and the effects the changes have had on existing mods. Take the Dallara Indycar for example; driven anywhere near the level they see in real life and the tires are in meltdown stage by the second lap at most tracks. Its one thing to go back and correct with open files, but for those who race online results in mismatches etc. Never mind the mods with locked files.

19. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Filip likes this.
  20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Wow touchy so and so.