REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

I have to restart game every time in order to get correct results in MM.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I guess that you and some one else have missed the point! before this Build I was very happy(let's say happy) about rf2 performance in my PC. I was achieving about 60-75 and even 80 fps at Silverstone( triple 25" screen, fullhd) with Multiview-Off, because with multiview On I have a huge fps drop!
    Now I'm getting with the same setting 32-42 fps and it is a huge drop!
    It was logical to expect that rf2 gets better every build with the optimization, but sadly it doesn't at least for me and I don't want to play it with a low setting, becasue let's face it, rFactor 2 with low setting is much worse that rF1 at Maximum setting!:(

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think you should create a clean install of rfactor2:

Uninstall rfactor2 using the uninstall feature.
    Delete the entire rfactor2 installation folder, and any rfactor2 related folder in your My Documents folder (to remove any user data files).
    Next, delete the local license file: Navigate to your “C:\Users\<Your Windows Username here>\AppData\Roaming\.rFactor” folder and delete the files within (you can type this in your Windows Explorer address bar or navigate to it by first disabling “Hide system files and folders” in your folder settings (see windows documentation for more info)).
    Make sure you have downloaded the most recent build of rfactor2 from the appropriate downloads page of rfactor.net and install it into a new clean folder. For rfactor2, using the Content Installer download is best because you can then test the game with minimal content.
    Since you’ve deleted the license file in a previous step, you’ll need to reactivate your game. For rfactor2, run the launcher, select the Purchase tab, then select Reactivate.
    Run rfactor2 with the minimum content and with NO 3rd party community created mods/addons/plugins (content you’ve downloaded elsewhere) and troubleshoot any issues with limited content.

4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

OK mate thx. I know the drill I done it a million times.

Just cause guns are legal in USA don't mean ISI have to shoot themselves in foot every time they put out a new build I get sick of this ****.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Libaries\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player Controller is you skeleton Controller file and it is only one you need to change.

6. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

[​IMG]

Getting CTD on MP list.
    Getting CTD when joining server (some minutes ago since now cant even check server list)+changing car+click race button

About performance didnt find any change on it, at least here everything seems equal.
    About Build and its contents....well, need some races to check it full but i was hoping much more after 2 months.
    Anyway, hoping MP errors would be solved today.

Level of enthusiasm= -10% but still some % above other current titles.

7. Tony

Tony Registered

Why do you suggest also deleting the license Ari? I wouldn't have thought that would have any effect on the game software itself?

Other than that yea good advice - I also delete everything except my packages folder (& its contents!) & my Controller\configuration.ini file - just so I have my own wheel & keystroke settings back

You could re-install just the official ISI content from your backed-up Packages folder at first.. It saves having to re-download them if they were the latest build anyway

8. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

done that.. even gone for a full system reinstall and didnt help me still same problems... this really is a game stopper for me... going to reinstall 382, and hope for a fix soon :(

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Next time there is new build delete you plr, CBash and Shaders files and it saves you lot of problems :)

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I can not play any game at 1080 with my card dude... only rF1 and iRacing xD not any actual game with any kind of dynamic lighting and actual shaders (does not matter how the game looks, what matters is the tech is using).

Despite of that I think is not bad to achieve 37-59fps ALL MAX at 1080 with my card in rF2. It's my point. And with a GTX560 (not a high spec card), you can actually play 1920x1080 and all High/Max just taking care with environment reflections as another user said before, and It's not a NASA level graphic card.

11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Is it safe to delete the plr file? Cant remember what it contains

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

12. Maug

Maug Registered

It's a profile file and yes you can delete it the game will recreate it next time you start it.

13. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Ok cheers...just wondered if you might lose any personal settings from it...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sorry to bring some hapiness around: I used autoupdate and all went fine. Using same settings I have an improvement on FPS side for sure and they now stay more capped to 60 than ever, E.g. Silverstone + 13 AIs at race start and they went as low as 40fos with previous build, here it lower to 56fps and quickly returned to 60, happy! :) nearly all at max settings 1920x1080 but both reflections at low. Very happy with the new HDR look, really amazing all that colors it bring now (less foggy, more vivid and seems more realistic) and clouds are now really beautiful. Didn't try yet the min torque ffb for my T500, this is the goal of next evening. More French translations in menus, good.

Did you made some tweaking on AIs? tonight when testing this new build I started with one of my favorite combo F3 Eve at Silverstone and I was really punchy and stupid and was first after 2 laps with AIs 100%. I get the feeling several times than I was driving very badly, like crazy, going in corner when AIs was like a bullet, etc. and usually it mean a crash. Not this time, like if AIs was really careful to preserve me and to not touch me, more than previously, like if I was a King ;) Another example is usually I wait for all AIs to go through the first corner at Essington, and only push the car after that (starting last position in grid). This time I was able to go as fast as I can in the corner, surrounded by AIs, and passed several cars without scratching the paint. To test that I tried to be even more evil, and I wasn't able to create a crash when passing AIs car and closing immediately its way. it brake and avoid me like if I was bringing some Nitroglycerin ;) AFAIK Aggressive setting is set to 15% currently. I need to test other value. I'm not unhappy, it was pretty good and fun :)

Still have few problems from past builds:
    The Race starting sound (bip, bip, bip, bip, biiiiiiip) is erratic sometimes. mainly (80%) all is OK and I can hear all bips, and sometimes some bip are missing, or all, and only heard the last one, or no bip at all etc. all sounds settings was default ones. It happened twice with this last build.

I had one freeze when leaving rF2 yesterday and had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it, first tipme this happen. The game was on main menu for around 10 minutes (coffee time) before I leave. The HDD wasn't turning (so not saving something).

Anyway, on my machine (I7 3770k and GTX670) all is nearly maxed and pretty fine, 60fps or more, I'm very happy and see lot of improvement. Better FPS, new lightning, good :)

Did you hear this awful sound coming? what's this? a man-lower? an helicopter? Nope, it's a bunch of Karting:p!

Edit: oh, and Tim, could be good to update the up panel of the website as it still show B382 (and Civic instead of 1.14 Silverstone) ;) Not a big deal

Edit2: Oh, and I didn't say THANKS ISI for this new Build :)

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

That's the lottery for me... I haven't upgraded since 300 (I play offline only) because 342 really was VERY bad. Normally it is a no-brainer to apply any updates to my games but here I'd rather pick careful...

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I did more test with a third parte mod(Poznan by feels)!
    3 weeks ago we had a league race @ Poznan with 8 racers.....fps between 60-70!
    Now with only car in track Max-42fps!!

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lolllll, really?!

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Obviously something is wrong between your computer and rF2 GTClub_wadji and you can bring tons of example showing this fps problems for sure. Feel sad for you :(

I suggest to do a new installation of this new build in parallel of the current one (if you don't want to lose anything from your setting), so to install it again in E.g. "rFactor2_B494". Then, copy very few ISI official content and install them with ModManager, and test first with all default settings (even using keyboard and default graphic resolution, etc.). Then bring your setting one by one to this new installation (triples screen, resolution, controler, etc.) using only menu (and not by copying tweaked .INI from first install to this new install). The idea is to found which component create this more than annoying problem on your machine. Check also the plugin directory...I already saw those kind of problem when new build appear was due to an incompatible plugin....Be patient, and Good Luck! :)

19. vali

vali Registered

I find it interesting people complaining how some shadows doesn't show when they choose that in the settings... Complaining about poor performance is one thing, but calling "bug" when you don't see things you choose not to see, I find it amusing.

Most of you have better PC than mine and yet I am able to get 70-100 in Silvestone with 15 AI and half of the things in High (Level 4 AA). With everything in MAX in the game (but lvl 4 AA) I get 35 FPS minimum, but usually about 50 FPS. The problem is stuttering (can be not enough VRAM) and lag at the wheel (probably not enough CPU) at max.

For me this build is smooth, wich is the most important thing in MP (but I had not time to join a server yet).

When I get home I'll post my setting if someone is interested.

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Nice job, ISI. Autoupdate worked flawlessly. Only a quick test at one track so far but so far so good! :)