REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Then I guess your monitor isn't properly calibrated right now - clipping darkest colors and preventing you from seeing these artifacts :)

Small imperfections in image produced by game engine are normal thing, but color errors produced by rFactor2 are bigger than what number rounding would justify. Which means it probably happens several times in HDR pipeline and errors accumulate or that some intermediate render target has not enough precision or is being fed data not in optimal range.

2. vali

vali Registered

Using a jpg to show artifacts in an image doesn't help either.

3. Rik

Rik Registered

Houston, We've Got a Problem :D with camera editor:

[​IMG]

4. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Just in time! i have the same issue!!

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I was complaining about these artifacts/oil effect myself a few months ago but everyone told me it was my monitor. Now when I have calibrated it as good as this monitor could possible be, you tell me that it's wrong ;)
    I can still see the effect sometimes, but not as noticable as before.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

7. Rik

Rik Registered

;)

thanks but i have the same problem . I put wizard.cam in folder like warning message but the problem remain the same :confused:

ok ok i've found problem was added. txt to the file automatically. now work. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  8. The_Mark

The_Mark Registered

Hmm ok, thanks for the explanation. I'll be sure to check if I can adjust my monitor more properly. :)

It's still weird, though, since I have no such issues with any other game.

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Neither do I have issues with other games. It's probably a rf2 HDR problem... But with my monitor somewhat correctly adjusted, I can barely see it anymore :)

10. Rik

Rik Registered

but camera editor works for you? when I press new camera - static camera or - tracking camera nothing happens. only when i press onboards camera it creates a new camera :confused:

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I haven't played with the cam editor... I just happened to have the missing file and thought it would help.

12. TVR_Guy

TVR_Guy Registered

Thanks for your response.
    I now understand the approach you have taken with offering the options to the user to tailor the Sim to user preferences. I believe the disconnect was that the potential of CTD and/or memory error messages weren't communicated to users of the application(i.e. "release notes").
    Running Windows 7 64bit with loads of memory; the limits of a 32 bit executable weren't apparent. Advanced notice of this potential could have relieved a lot of frustration. Hopefully this is a lesson learned.

PS: I stopped upgrading Microsoft Flight Simulator at FS9. My sympathy to anyone that purchased FSX.

13. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

14. vali

vali Registered

15. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

have a question about the multiplayer Problem (join button is inactive). I can not join a game more since the build 494. If the now fixed out of sequence or not until the next official build? I was able to find no clear Statement in this Thread. Thanks!

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

For a week. Hahahaha

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, I have to admit the past week has been quite boring... League race cancelled last Sunday and my other league postponed our race this Sunday. Barely no online racing at all for me this past week and yesterday, Friday night, I was able to join a server with 3 other lucky guys for a short practice session. That's all :( And I have 3 different builds installed atm...

18. elbo

elbo Registered

Use the opportunity to try offline, get the 1979f1 mod, jump into one of the slower cars and have some fun. I found midohio goes good with these.
    I do admit to being a bit disappointed that a core feature like online racing has yet to be fixed.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry to hear so many seem to be having issues. Had a scheduled league race 24 hours ago without issue.

20. carlos leite

carlos leite Registered

I had run a race Thursday with no build/join issues, 100% fine.
    Rejoined the race several times no issue, in fact better performance with AMD beta drivers. However could not join some specific server.... For me best build ever