REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I thought sun occlusion is about clouds?

Sun Occlusion="0" // If true, sunlight is affected by cloud cover

This is definitly working even if the .ini is set to zero.

Thanks for the info on reflection settings, I'll post this to Ales so he can fix his mod.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With the main MP issues of 494, yes. But I don't yet know how long the devs are going to leave this one in unstable before going public. The last unstable showed similar promise.

3. 88mphTim

Apologies for the lack of info beforehand. Assumed it would be known more than it obviously is.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't understand your angle, attitude, and frankly the sentence structure in this response. Lifetime people will have rF2 online until ISI takes it down, standard people purchased it believing the service would always work. Remember PSN being down? Sony managed to compensate developers and gamers though the service wasn't paid.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I dont understand your attitude either, you really want a petty change refund? Isnt this what its all about?
    Human errors occur and they should, we are all humans after all...arent we?

6. DocJones

DocJones Registered

12$ divided by 52 weeks... you do the maths

7. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

You are paying one dollar a month if you are using annual service fee..

nm that took me too long they beat me to it

8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I haven't followed this thread from the beginning (my apologies) but running the newest URD build with some added BES mod cars, I randomly got "Process failed to allocate memory" error in 494. Upgraded to v515 (hoping that might fix the issue) it pops up with that error every time rendering the game unusable :( . On the occasion that i can get through 494 on track, performance was a step down from the prior release. Frame rates would stay at my V-Sync limited 60 FPS but occasionally stutter, even though it still showed 60. I haven't test other mods and if you need any more info or things to try let me know. I know it's pretty vague on the info given

9. stonec

stonec Registered

This happens when rF2 gets close to 4 GB RAM usage, which is limit for 32-bit process. With older builds it just crashed if that happens, now it at least tells you that with a message.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can anyone make a mod including both Howston G4 and G6 now ?

I get a new error " duplicate mas -h " and I have to remove one or the other for it to package.

OT

Also G4 and Eve ( done it for ages not build related ) both miss out on selecting all available skins when you package them, you have to scroll the list up and down and highlight them all again.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm not asking for a refund, I don't know how my post was so misinterpreted. If the service is down for a week, extend all standard licensees' multiplayer date by a week. If it's fixed tomorrow, extend it by 5 days. If it's down for a month, ... you get the idea.

12. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

unstable 515 working fine the join an get mod icons
    in gane no prolblems too

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I believe this was fixed for 515 (the dup MAS error). Could you give it a shot on that build and report back?

14. 88mphTim

It's telling you what is happening, rather than giving you a CTD and no information. You're using too much memory, you can't use the settings you have, probably the number of cars, either on your system, or on the 32bit rF2 application.

15. 88mphTim

People who purchase with either method expect the same thing. I'm not seeing the difference that you are between standard and lifetime. Attitude is your perception, these are explanatory sentences responding in the form of an answer to a question. A question already answered to which I am now answering again for the last time.

That's great for Sony. Although I believe their problems were a lot more serious and lasted quite a long time. The comparison isn't something I understand, but OK, I'll go with it. :) The process of offering a refund in that particular case was the equivalent of the Queen of England picking her nose. :) It barely scratched the surface of all the jewels they have hiding. In my opinion, every big company should think like they did. Small companies can't. You brought up Sony, I'll bring up EA. How many unhappy SimCity users didn't get a refund? They did, through sustained public pressure, offer a choice of specific game titles that many didn't want, that could be used on the Origin service only.

It's not that people aren't sorry, it's not that we don't realise what an inconvenience this has been. But I do think your demand is not entirely reasonable in this situation. If you want to compare it to others, continue to do so, while it's easy to provide other examples. If you do not want to be annoyed by this response, and further responses, please stop asking for something when you've already been given the only answer.

16. 88mphTim

I see that confusion. My response is based on the fact that standard is no different to lifetime when MP is active on a standard users acct, MP being up or down.

You're paying for yearly access to rF2 multiplayer, you're not paying for 365 days "game time". It's a PAYMENT system, not a SUPPORT system. The same way that lifetime users aren't going to get MP access until they die, they'll get MP access until we stop supporting rF2, at the end of it's lifetime.

Essentially, standard users are paying by installments (a far better descriptive word than subscription will ever be). It's a way to get those unwilling to pay an amount as large as $85 (our figure for giving people an updated product for a long time) in one go to pay it over time so we come out on top. That's it.

17. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Wow Tim you are much more paigent then me or a lot of people I know.

I would have closed the door hung up the phone 3 hundred post ago.

How these guys see fit to waste your time with this S....pid stuff I will never ever understand.

Ruben Miranda

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  18. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I believe if MM was down for a month you wouldnt need to ask anything. ISI probably would do it themselves.
    5 or 6 days having MM issues is a problem but i dont think they need to extend nothing. My standard ends tomorrow and i will renew it even in this conditions. I dont pay only for playing, i pay also to help them.

19. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I am in MP basically every day, despite all the issues I get on most of the servers eventually.. race every day. If ISI will do some compensation, i dont want it. I dont think there is anything to compensate

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

These values seem like 50% of typical glass reflectance, which is 4% at perpendicular angles and 100% at parallel.

Would this mean fresnel setting of 0.5 means 100% reflectance? In that case you would never use fresnel values higher than 0.5. I find it a bit confusing.