REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

It's true, the consistency between tracks is amazing (Le Mans and Poznan for example... those were FAR apart in previous builts).

But I can't find any gamma adjustment and it all seems a tad darkish.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You know its known fact that SLI support do not work with rFactor2 and when 3xTitan SLI benchmark 14fps something is wrong.

PS. I choose not comment of your childish notice about two and too.

3. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I just don't think that 'fact' is worth abusing ppl over.

No. Not 'two'and 'too', 'to'and 'too'.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Is to and too worth it?

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

OK. I am just telling you to stop being combative and abusive. At least I have turned you off others, and onto me.
    What C3PO said to you:
    Your response:
    Not necessary.
    Please stay on topic, and refrain from provoking other forum posters.

Tah.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

*too.

No namecalling, please. Words like fanboy just discredit every opinion you have, because you're instantly discrediting others.

7. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

So what the hell is going on with this entirely broken build?

I have not been able to join a server for around 24hrs.

Any server. All servers. Servers empty, servers with a cpl ppl in them. It really is properly broke.

EDIT: HA TIM. Attention. ;) Well? Allowed to speak?

EDIT EDIT: Did I read ppl are altering port numbers? That a plugin port and and main port are clashing?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  8. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Messenger shooting should not be the focus here

+1 Tim

Tim, is there a place on the forum where one can participate on solution finding to issues, to assist in the problem solving process? I dont care how menial the tasks, I require just the knowlege that I was part of the solution and not part of the background noise.

Regards to all

Paul

9. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Registered

Still doesnt work for me... No spaces in vmod, no spaces in name of the server - JOIN BUTTON NOT WORKING... Its just epic fail

10. rer8

rer8 Registered

On target Paul! +1

11. Pits

Pits Registered

Paul is always on target and drives to fast; misspent youth always shows in lap times :)

And!! (You can't actually start a sentence with an 'and) there are more important things than to two too, and (almost placed correctly this time if I hadn't put that pesky comma in) who doesn't like a fanboy (no such word really) we all are or we wouldn't be here concerned with the state of the game.
    Perhaps the difference is a passionate FanBoy who will always come to all defence be it right or righter (that really isn't a word, true dinks, it's a bit like dead and deader). There is fast and faster and that's where ElPronto comes in.

This has been an observational post with no actual content.

:)

12. 88mphTim

Ok, folks, here is as much of an update as I can give:
    - We're aware of issues posted, and they were passed on before the weekend.
    - Jeremy worked this weekend, and has committed a fix for the join button issues. Needs testing internally, hopefully fixed in next public build.
    - space in rfmod issue is fixed in next public build (that was fixed internally before the weekend).
    - mm listing should work fine. It should be slower than it used to be, as it is now filtering and sorting. I am not talking about the join button issues here.
    - Other issues were being worked on today, don't know where they got to, etc.

Apologies for not replying over the weekend. I literally couldn't on Saturday as I was sick. It also doesn't feel like there's a lot to tell you. But, I know you want to be told that we know. I know that you want to be told the guys are working on it. So here is that post so far. I also think you should be told that we're sorry for inconveniences caused, and that the various workarounds you've found such as restarting server right before a race, distributing the vmod manually, etc, are workable (we can't post them as solutions as they're not reliably so). It's quite likely we will have a public build very soon, but an unstable OR TWO may come before them, and those unstables will probably tackle the list in my post here above the adding of anything new, etc.

13. 88mphTim

Hi Paul,

For those who are really wanting to help on a deeper level, we do both internal and unstable testing. Neither of these caught the issues in a big enough way that the devs decided to go with 494, but it could certainly be argued that issues sometimes aren't said by enough people, stressed as a big enough issue by enough people, etc, so more testers = better testing.

Anyway, rambling. Consider emailing me if you're interested in helping test. I'll pass you on: timw@imagespaceinc.com

14. 88mphTim

Not sure what your first line means.

No idea. People get same/similar results just restarting their server. Altering ports requires restarting the server. AFAIK Jeremy fixed the Join issue over the weekend internally and has committed it for internal testing.

15. 88mphTim

The space in vmod issue is nothing to do with the join button issue. The space in vmod affected getmod functionality. Sorry for confusion.

16. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Thanx Tim, Will email you.

Paul

Kiwi pits?
    /P

17. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Registered

Thanks Tim for the info! We are looking to start new season very soon, so hoping to see new build soon as well, where JOIN button is working!

Thank you again!

18. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Have posted this in a few other places here on the forum.
    But will post it here also as it might help a few.

Did some testing last evening and noticed this :
    Don't place a "_" instead of a space in your servername. this doen't work very well.

Stay a while in the lobby and you will noticed the "_" appearing and disappearing in the server name, about every 20sec or so. Each time the "_" appears the join button is active. Each time the "_" is gone the join button is grayed out.
    So use a "-" instead of a "_". And also no spaces.

19. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Sorry, but ISI is taking too much time beetwin 382 and 494, and seing the results, we are in our right to criticate them.
    Because people are believing in them and they dont advanced as we hope. If 494 isnt stable, dont release it.
    I cant beleave that all the servers issues werent detected before. What that it means, not enought testing hours? I think its better to take time and not do that. Everybody talking about your work and nobody happy with it.
    Hope you guys solve this in a few.

20. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

As an ex-developer and TI professional I usually feel really sorry for other developers suffering such critics to their work. These guys are working really hard to get the best simulator to our homes, and this is not the way to thank their work.

Constructive critics are great, but not the way people says things here.

Tim said Jeremy has been working all weekend, and many people here does not deserve such effort, even if they have paid 45$ or one thousand millions.