REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Hello, since the problem of MM has ben solved, my dedicated servers crashed when some drivers joined servers. Yesterday I restarted the dedicated and I tested, no problem.
    Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  2. bwana

bwana Registered

MM doesn't seem to be solved at my end? 3 of 4 ISI servers work occasionally as they should the GTR's no matter how long I wait (1hr plus) still no join button or get mod option?(after an uninstall and delete of the GTR mod)The other servers require an exit and refresh to kick them into gear.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is more than one MM issue. The one that was causing client crashes appears to have been rectified at ISI's end, or has been 'fixed' by getting rid of servers with names that were causing problems. The one you describe is a different one, either someone will find a workaround or ISI will have to fix it for the next build. I think.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Lazza.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think that if some people are unable to create vmods and others can, is because content is not correctly installed. I doubt there is a problem as well with mas2.exe. As I suggested, I would try uninstalling all content and installing back again with old modmgr.exe and see it makes any difference trying to create vmod.

I haven't checked if mas2.exe comes with another version in B494 but another try would be to try to pack the vmod with older version if so.

enviado mediante tapatalk

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, it's changed.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Then it is another variable to check.
    However it's behavior will always be conditioned by how components are installed and how the manifests are created so as I said I would first try changing modmgr.exe which is proven to behave different than old one.

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

A couple of question i cant find an answer...

Can someone explain to me why this changes were made on a MM that worked like a charm till now?
    Were they necessary for some reason?
    And if they were what are the reasons?
    Could be implemented something to prevent the use of "strange" letters/simbols while creating a server?

9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Our latest find is hosting from home on a seperate install will work a ok but when you try and join a hosted session with the same install your hosting with it wont work

apart from one of us that cant make vmods but can host and race from the same install

confusing but where getting there

edit:

Did a seperate install and still have the same issue only thing I can try now is seperate install on another machine.. which i dont have :S

the home based server that works with a seperate install . is on a different machine to the machine he races on

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You cannot prevent someone from using older builds where strange characters can be used and also it seems more flexible to do it via matchmaker where you can use it for other filtering uses.
    I guess if they had implemented it within the options of the hosting menu you would have said it worked like a charm.

And no. MM did not work like a charm. Filters were gone since a couple of builds or so. Password filters are inverted.

11. Valter Cardoso

It worked like a charm for me at least. When i wanted to join a server it made its job. I realy dont care about filters, i know where are the servers i want. Even tough others need/like that feature i dont think it is so important.

I was not saying to prevent people from using older builds. I was talking about server creation wich is a diferent thing. Just a quick change in the dedi panel to prevent the use of particular characters. Then MM updated so only people with buildX and above could create servers or something.

Its strange the workaround in somethings. We have a problem, lets find what it is, its a letter, let us contact the server owner (!??!). Shouldnt the problem be solved in its root? We cant have something wich gets broken after 2 years in development cause some Chuck Norris typed a Ę or a ņ.

If i was a dev and read your answer i would think that the only MM issue its the lack of filters, wich obvious wont help nothing in this issue.

Anyway i didnt find the answers i was looking. Maybe someone else could answer tho.

12. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Disecting the greyed out issue ..

Are some of the greyed out "Join" issues to do with hosting from the launcher?
    EG. If I create mod and then host, I can join . others see the server in the MM but greyed out join. If that same mod is hosted on an external dedicated server .. it works fine,

The issue as I understand it is that the OSI is being confussed ( maybe)

So If we can list the test setups ... ie
    1/ mod build : local
    2/ Host : local / remote that is is the client and host of different ip's
    3/ Build ver : 494 etc
    sticking to isi released cars and tracks will also simplify things here as well. one car one track is good
    4/ car and ver
    5/ track and ver.

This might enable others to replicate the scenario and disect the problem
    Now this is only a sugestion for the greyed out issue and are my thoughts on things.
    I would also be pleased to addres my problem first ;-)

so here goes
    mod: local
    host : local
    Build ver: 494
    Car: C6R_car 1.43.
    Track: 75Kyalami 0.8

Regards to all

Paul

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For me mm is working like a charm now I could say. I also know where servers are but I dislike scrolling to about half screen. Before I could see just our servers and it was really nice. We easily detect if one of them is down. Now I am losing some time due to the lack of filters. And indeed I did give an explanation of why I think they implemented the character and f--k type words filters within MM.

14. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Hi,
    Are you hosting local or remote Spaskis?

15. Valter Cardoso

Wich was what i said about the workaround. When someone create a server they are able to type whatever they want. Then its the MM making the job of sorting what is allowed or not, changing all rf2 users experience.
    Thats what i was talking about the problems being solved in their root. Why this is being made in MM? Why not in dedi preventing the things they consider ofensive from being even created?

@Elpronto- We have 3 servers, we are only having the greyed button issue on the one with ISI only content (camaro+Palm Beach) wich is the only one on a 494 build from scratch instalation. The others with at least one third party all ok (F3+croft) ok and (GTR+Portimão) ok. This last 2 are auto updated servers.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Remote for sure. My Internet connection is very low on upload rate to host anything.

17. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Thanx. I am starting to think that if the vmod was made on the box that is hosting then other are greyed out. (yet to be a replicated problem)

Paul

18. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Still no joy for us, The Dedi was re-installed yesterday evening and we joined a couple of times then were greyed out. 1 member in Germany couldn't join at all. Another member hosted from his home PC in America and we can join that but not enough bandwidth for tonights league meeting.
    Now this morning 2 of us have tried to join the dedi and we are greyed out. Should we re-make the vmod ?
    Some are saying the MM is fixed, some are saying not.

Can ISI please give an answer soon, Is it fixed or not ? Right now it appears not for us but maybe we haven't done something we should have in the last days.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did you read about problems installing content with new mod manager I reported? Could you try replacing it with old one and reinstall all content that is being used in the crashing server again? Scratch installation does not guarantee anything except for that the fact that you will need to reinstall all the content and THERE is the problem IMO. Because you are installing content that apparently is correctly installed but that I have found it is installed differently from using previous version of modmgr.exe.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The fact that auto updated servers are working ok supports my theory where the hugest difference from non working scratch installations is that you don't need to install content back again.

I feel I am quite right when I sometimes say many people do not read what I post.