REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Jeremy sounds kind of busy lol

2. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

thanks

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nope lol. Sounds like physics improvements though (suspension, tyre, and brakes??) and physics improvements are always my favorite.

They also sound like physics Improvements that car mods need to be built/updated around, rather than a core physics improvement that automatically affects every car. I could be wrong about that though.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

My 3D Vision works fine with driver 334.89

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Your not getting a 3d problem with the latest driver?

The tires fail to render (in 3d ) for me on this build

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Tim, I noticed too that sometimes the Join button (or the "Mod" one) is disabled and when that happens, the details box on the left does not display anything below the "Series installed: Yes" or "Series installed: no, Mod not found" lines.

On the other hand, when the Join or Mod button is enabled, I can see also some more information on the details box, like "Fixed setups", "Fixed upgrades" etc...
    Another thing I noticed is that when clicking on a server, it takes a noticeable amount of time for this information to show now, while in 382 it was instant.

It seems like the code is a lot slower in parsing the information from the matchmaker server. Just an impression though, I have no idea what is happening.
    I tried debugging the network traffic with Fiddler, but rF2 doesn't seem to respect any system-wide proxy settings.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The MM now gets info, filters swear words, junk chars and orders servers properly. It's slower due to that.

But yeah, your description of getmod/join is exactly what I see. It SEEMS that if I wait longer, that series installed info appears and I can click, if I don't want, and try to click, it never comes up.

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

As stated a few times, there is a workaround for this. Its a shader issue, not driver issue.

9. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Also another thing I noticed, with the same server, one time i can join/getmod. If I refresh, same server can be disabled.
    Refresh again, and can be enabled. It doesn't always happen to the same servers.

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes this is very interesting and proves the tires were not forgotten, but means that in general, the imbalance is detected dynamically, which should in turn affect the real-time transmitted forces ?

Unfortunately, I have very bad performance with the 290 and the current build, even worse than before. As it looks I will still need to have a lot of patience.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

every build up until 494 we have had to register the mod the same way using , FOR ME BNF1234 its nothing to do with spacing in the mod name as we have always used an _ ie,mymod_xr, rf doesnt like spaces in alot of things

as soon as we got 494 it didnt go to the register screen it just says its packed when we try and host it Mod id comes up as AAA9999 and no-one can join if we change the AAA to BNF manually we can join

up until build 494 it automatically has been sending us to the register mod screen when you click package

for the last 8 months my mod id.. BNF has change back and forth from this to FCT I was calling it fuct lol

is mm fixed guys?

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

MM works fine for me. I had problems hosting a test server with build 494 since when I installed everything the mod was incorrectly installed. Cars would not appear. I relate it to a problem updating components. New modmanager now shows updates in a different line (as requested, thanks). As soon as I saw it I thought an error might have been made when recoding it. Since the same mod was working with B 382 I replaced modmgr.exe with the one of b382 and voilà, the mod was correctly installed!
    The problem.reproduced and was solved in the same way in my computer and in our server. I don't know if other issues are related to this bug but for those having problems I would try using previous version t (b382) instead of v(b494). It goes in core folder in the root folder of rf2

enviado mediante tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

did you still register the mod in build 382 spaskis?
    im a bit lost with this whole thing of it being taken out yet no one on our (xfactor) end had seen a change in the game

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have haven't registered a mod in months. It isn't needed anymore. All my mods have the default ID. If you look on the matchmaker you will notice tons of mods with the default ID. You can join most of them without a problem.

I asked this before but you didn't answer. Are you using the same name and same version number over and over without incrementing the version?

Have you tried making a new vmod using a new name for the mod and just leave the default ID?

I am really curios why you are having this problem yet no one else is.

A little history on mod reg. ISI wanted to the ability to auto create vmods on the fly because so many people find it so hard to do. To they made registration optional to see what impact it would have. The test proved successful. But the reg screen was left in there but not mandatory. You could simply hit skip. The reg screen was left in grow several more builds and is just now finally being removed.

Right now the join/mod button is very buggy and very random. When the MM was messed up there were people that thought that clearing the CBash folder or creating a new PLR file would fix the problem but really the problems were just random. Have you tried leaving your mod on the default ID and click on and off your server in the MM until the join button finally pops up? I suspect it has nothing to do with the ID. If it did then it would be impacting more people including me and the four servers I dealt with today.

15. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

sorry must of missed the question

i'll try a couple things and see what happens .. to be honest I hadnt noticed any default mod ids on the server list until 494

yes the registration screen does not pop up anymore and we are given the default id but no one can join ,I had noticed strange things goin on with it for a while up until 494 obviously i hadnt mentioned it in the right area or the comments where overlooked

like i said i'll try a couple things and see what /if im doing something wrong

join connection failed is the error we get till we modify the id

still get greyed out join buttons but most we can click within a matter of seconds

edit : today if it is greyed out it won't eventually show up I have to refresh and hay presto i can join ... but the person who made the mod never had the issue so i need someone to join my server and see if they get in http://www.mediafire.com/download/exmn4eq4g2wu25v/SERVERTEST.rfmod xFactorTEST server name

maybe the greyed out button was/is the issue and us noticing the new mod id at the same time is why, we at xfactor believed it to be something wrong with the mod manager

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Yes I did. I was quite sure that was not need but I amso used to it that I keep registering them :)
    I am putting the info about the problem with mod manager in this thread.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18568-New-Mod-Manager-is-not-installing-content-properly

I just found out that after installling the vmod referencing an updated component it doubles the component lines.
    At the moment the component is updated manually it only appears one line and later it splits into two.Weird!
    [​IMG]

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Yup, confirmed fixed for me anyways.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No all works fine I don't have any problems with 3D

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Yep no ctd's here either

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

on the vmods thing we have come to some form conclusion...well for us anyway, Who ever makes the vmod whether the mod id is manually edited or not cannot host that vmod letting others join, only the creator can join like a lan game
    but is someone else Host's the vmod mod id edited or not everyone can join no hassles, no greyed out join button 100% off the time
    we often throw up our own home servers which the host creates the mod so its an extra step of uploading and downloading,we rarely use get mod

we have 3 people around atm that can host from there home including myself 2 of us can and have always created vmods 1 has never created a vmod and has a strange error when he try's to package it

The 2 that can create vmods, now as of build 494 cant host any vmod old or new registered or unregistered manually edited id or default (aaa9999) that people can join it shows up in the server list but only the host can join

the 1 that cant create vmods can host any vmod we throw at him even with spaces (yes i did find a mod we made with spaces) in the vmod never a greyed out join button never a problem

we a trying to get another one of our members on that can create vmods and c if he can host,,,