rF2 Build 218, Internals Plugin v5, Dev Mode 218 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 20, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh, me too Hedlund.

Bright ain`t the word lol...

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

ALT+TAB crashes every time for me

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol....no.

Well, now modders have got some work, too. Looks like all non-ISI tracks got transparent trees. Some worse than others :p

But otherwise I really like the new build, so far. But I have to do some more testing tomorrow!

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Not a problem for me. Have done it handful of times already. Seems stable. :)

There is sth that I just don't understand. Before build 218 I ran without HDR and many things set to medium to get fps level at 70-90 (sometimes 100) but still it didn't feel smooth. Like I was missing a frame from time to time.

After installing build 218 I can run with HDR and many graphics options set to high instead of medium. Now I get 50-60 fps (goes down to 40 sometimes) but the picture seems silky smooth. I just can't stop smiling.

I mean, what da... :D

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Me too, currently running a 100% failure rate fullscreen online. Fullscreen offline and windowed mode seem ok so far.

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I saw this was mentioned as potentially issue in the release notes... I'm glad I escaped that...

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, so I deleted everything except what was in Packages and downloaded the Lite installer. Installed the new build, fired up the game, set prefs and all that. Then I exited, went to my newly created .PLR and edited that and enabled auto installing of mods.

It all worked perfectly :cool: But just be prepared because when I launched rF2 the first time it seemed to freeze because there's no confirmation of what it is doing, but it IS installing the content. Wait for it, leave it alone, go grab a smoke (or two) or go grab a snack. It took about 15 minutes for me.

8. zonder

zonder Registered

Does anyone else got problem with update link, it comes blank for me, as well as rfactor2 don't want to log in

9. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Running perfect for me - much smoother game entries/exits and consistent HDR appearance/shaders. Very happy!

10. zonder

zonder Registered

For me looks like servers are down, do you race online at the moment?
    And link to update doesn't work

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

10 minutes ago it was fine. Now it seems sth went wrong. Can't join any server and it keeps crushing the game everytime I try.

EDIT: Now it works. Strange.

12. zonder

zonder Registered

Hmm.. not for me, when it try to login, i'm getting "Login attempt resulted in unknown server response.Login attempt was not successful." neither i can download update, link takes me to blank page, Ohh that's a shame was hoping for good racing tonight

13. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

View attachment 7773 that's the only one that shows lmao

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Zonder must have been the straw that broke the ISI server's back!

15. boxer

boxer Registered

I had a similar issue with last build and it ended up being my fire wall settings...
    While I hadn’t change anything on the firewall rFactor2 was being blocked after the new install.

I would give your firewall settings a check.

16. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Yes with Build 218 DEV SDK

17. celkaris

celkaris Registered

same here, did a complete fresh re-install using the torrent file, did not install any non-official content yet (so i won't run into performance trouble caused by some old/bogus content), i also noticed major overall framerate improvements (ATI user), no framerate drop anymore, Very happy too!

There are still a few glowing pedestrians and no Reverse indicator on the new hud, but beside that, i can now fully enjoy the sim!

18. zonder

zonder Registered

Thanks, i checked, rFactor2 been on allowed apps list, so i removed it, and added it again and it's working, magic or what? But then previously i couldn't load rfactor.net after refreshing firewall it comes up...coincidence?

19. MJP

MJP Registered

I did update my previous post but it's back a page now, it seems B218 SDK has same problem as B198 SDK.

Someone raised this before and you can find a couple of workarounds in this thread.

20. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

Did anybody notice the new PLR option that allows you to have the car not automatically start? People have been waiting for this for ages, hopefully it'll be an in game option at some point