rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

All your speculations about their reasons failed.....

Nice strawman argument.
    Is that all you can do?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only running this as I have no FF ( sending 2 wheels away on Wednesday , hopefully get repaired. ) Then it is back to F3. :) Weeee

You can say that is a excuse but before you do go and try to beat your best PB with None, you will not get near it..... so....

The first few days of Indy room everyone was like wow good fun, then BB put it up for us so we could get more runners.

He had 12 and was building up then we had all sorts of drama with people dropping out or stalling car or not understanding rolling start or something else.

About 5 restarts later 6 people abused the room and left I have never seen them since and these were guys some I knew.

These days Hector, Frans and Carl do hotlapping with me, not enough to run, we get a few more joiners, help them every way get them within a few tenths, then they lap for a hour practice can't improve or do Sub 41 only 100ths off room PB and leave before race. ?

You never see this on other circuits people just don't practice for a hour without vote then up and leave.

.5 is nothing in a Indy Race get in the groove and everyone can lap fast, great immersion....your missus could lap indy well.

Maximum top speed no draft is 224mph , we have no problem with lapping "real" close and I have a slow connection.

P.S. I would appreciate some one downloads the Mod and puts up a big room just one time only
    and get a few decent races going, see if i am wrong about the immersion, ICR Mod is going to be a hoot.

Opps, got to go, someone is in Indy! omg lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Oh well ........

I get used to this...................

:(

( View attachment 5430

Oppsa I sent setup to myself. lmao

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

My biggest rF2 challenger is getting someone to stay longer then 3 laps ( 2 minutes)

lopl ;)

View attachment 5431

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Rf2 isn't even out yet, it would be like judging RFactor 1 back in 2003 or 2004 when it was in a private beta, and still undergoing heavy changes and testing, yet some of you are already judging the modding tools and judging the missing tools and stuff like that? Are u kidding me? Modding is one of, if not the biggest thing about rfactor (that, and the sophistication of it's physics/tyre engine), yet you are doubting isi's moddig support??? You don't think they will release more tools, update the tools, make it easer to use the ultra sophisticated tyre model tool? You guys think ISI is just gonna forget about all this???? They wouldn't be in business if they did. Again, judging a game when it's not even out yet, it would be like judging RFactor 1 back in 2003 or 2004, completely ridiculous!

It's as if some of these ppl are 10 years old, all that their brains can calculate is right now, the present moment of a highly un-finished game, in pretty much an alpha state. Try to think and analyze things for a second, you think ISI isn't going to keep coming out with more tools and more modding support when that (along with the physics/tyre engine) is the very back-bone and heart of the RFactor product itself??? Use your heads.

And yes, RFactor Pro can be used as, and is mostly used as a plugin base, but ISI has even stated that they have learned many things in RF Pro which they are implementing/have implemented into RFactor 2. Maybe not specific tyre info secrets, but I'm sure they have gained some great knowledge regarding complex vehicle dynamics and tyre physics simulations.

1 person likes this.
  6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Hopefully the next iteration of rFactor will be plugin based as well, it will open up new (endless?) possibilities.

Btw, does anyone here know how to change the UI so it looks like UI of Dev Mode? Dev Mode's UI is more efficient, clean, just much better than the non-Dev modules.

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Yippiii... March 2013 is coming soon! :D

[​IMG]

8. otirc

otirc Registered

IMO there is no challenger to rFactor 2 right now. Assetto Corsa is "only" a serious candidate. I am a netkar pro big fan, so I think that AC may be better than rFactor 2. BUT Ferrari Virtual Academy was a big disillusion to me, so I don't now what to think about this Ferrari partnership...

9. Domi

Domi Registered

So what tools did ISI released for rFactor, speaking of physics? All the stuff I remember now came from different people, like carFactory, Suspension editor, the engine editor, and so on. All were 3rd party tools.

Or well, you can check yourself this thread, where nobody gave a proper answer until I posted that stuff, almost one year later. Until late 2012 there wasn't a single documentation about that small part of the tire physics, that's like how much, 6 years?

If they didn't share anything for such simple calculation, honestly I don't see them giving hardcore info about the new advanced tire model. But well, you can keep dreaming on, and fool yourself "because we are still in beta".

Maybe. Anyway it's your own assumption, not a fact. But honestly I can't imagine McLaren giving to ISI the code of their own tire model, for example :)

And about relationship with real world racing teams, we can talk about Kunos as well (and iRacing, and even other racing games that nobody knows about), so ISI don't have any special advantage there.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

As much as I want to stay with rF (as I already know the platform pretty well), it's true ISI didn't provide any useful documentation for rF 1. rF 2 beta is meant to be mainly for modders... but I don't see much documentation (especially for physics) yet and that is after almost one year when the beta started, so...I can understand, some might have already enough of that ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's not my assumption, and yes it is a fact, isi have stated it themselves. Like I said, obviously a team (maclaren in your example) aren't going to be giving secret tyre data away, and I clearly stated that in my post, but I'm sure there is lots of general knowledge about tyre and vehicle physics that ISI learned, being that they have a connection with the manufacturers and their 2 simulation software products/tools.

I'm not sure about kunos' connection to teams and their industry grade sim tools. and how all that works.

For you to mention i racing is a joke, they dont mention anything about any collaboration with top tier "industrial" simulation partners or no involvement in that area what so ever.

Read my post again, I wasn't talking about just some "relationship" with a racing team, heck I'm sure the worst games around have relationships with real world racing teams. I am talking about the connection between the industrial grade simulation software between ISI and formula one teams' similar software. Humongous difference.

Oh and thanks for mentioning the 3rd party modding tools and their support, you are jus re-inforcing my RF modder friendly tools view even more.

12. Domi

Domi Registered

They had (I dont know now) a collaboration with Calspan.

A software that can be full modified, as I said, so the final result can be totally different from the initial one.

Don't get me wrong, I know that in some way they can learn things, but I think the word "Formula 1" gives an extra hype. Basic things like calculation rates etc can be so different that things that can be done in rF Pro can't be simulated in rF1/2 due to the limitation of our average computers. That's just guessing from my side now, but I'm sure you get my point.

13. Domi

Domi Registered

The clown who is giving bad reputation points non stop, at least have balls to discuss in public the things you disagree, don't be a cunt.

2 people like this.
  14. taufikp

taufikp Registered

+1 billion!

1 person likes this.
  15. coops

coops Banned

look on the happy side its 2013 and it will be released..

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

That last word....how uhh....how....how did that get let through the filter? XD Especially when I can't say "****"...

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

An Italian guy had tested AC(demo) and made this comment about AC driving-physics in DrivingItalia.com:
    Gooogle Traduttore(Sorry but the article is so long and I have no time and desire to translate it!).

1 person likes this.
  18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Is this an quote championship? May i participate.

19. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thix text is marKeting.

20. Minibull

Minibull Member

I never drove NKPro, and have very little idea of AC currently, so take what I say as you see fit/with a kilogram of salt.

What I picked up on while seeing many people going too and fro regarding AC and rF2, is that some people praised NKPros brilliant handling, how the cars felt great to drive, and you had a real feeling of control regarding slides and slipping tyres. None of the iRacing ice skating feeling, etc. They talked about being able to run mega different lines through corners and still set quick times, etc. (That idea of different lines, in my view, is a matter of style and being able to use that style effectively. The Clio doesn't work to well with a point and squirt style for me, etc. The other thing is missing your intended line accidently, which what some of the players may be referring to. To me, it should really slow you down to an extent.)

The other group then waded in saying that people like NKPro as it can make most drivers feel like a super driving god. They mentioned how the cars slipped often, with the slips being stupidly easy to control and drive fast with. Kinda like it was making it easier to find that slip angle edge and drive on it.
    That quote above seems to remind me of this debate regarding NKPro. I've watched a bunch of racers online in the Lolas while sitting in the pits, and I can see from the slowest to the fastest, how differently each persons skillset is. I saw slow guys hitting the brakes and skating everywhere at every little twitch, not being able to drive with any slipping it seems, and I saw the guys amongst the top knowing what the reaction from the car will be, and having the quick reactions to control it, nicely sliding out of corners under drive.

I just find these two NKP viewpoints very interesting, in relation to AC and this review above.
    " Easy driving is not obtained by "invisible hand" or through the use of behaviors tabulated, but is "merely" the result of a physics engine more refined and calibrated with great care.

Someone who cannot drive iRacing or rF well but can drive NKP may feel that it is a much better simulation. The key being that they are actually able to drive it and are not left dumbfounded trying to hold slides or get good laps done. Things that they see real drivers doing, and expect some correlation to their sim experiences.
    Someone who can drive in iRacing well, etc, may view NKP as having a slight arcady slant to it, as they cannot understand what the problem is with rF2, etc. An alien driver may feel the same way. How many are at the level of car racing skill to be in the F1/Whatever? Not many, so why should everyone somehow be able to set quick times and handle the nasty, lumpy cars?
    Some people can't drive either titles, but drive real race cars for a living...aaaaaanyway XD

Being that AC is being made by the NKP guys is I suppose the "interesting" bit. We will see when it turns out though.

I don't really care between the two. rFactor 2 is giving me plenty of joy, and if it seems that AC will do the same, I would consider getting that as well. Even if it turns out to hold an easy to drive side, or if it is a real hardcore sim, it doesn't matter. Besides, it's the stunning sounds that drew me to Simbin titles XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.