rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

2. coops

coops Banned

I don't pay much attention to the views of those guys on inside sim racing anymore. I guess due to their sponsorship by iracing, they are so bloody biased towards Iracing it's not even funny.

+1 mill

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes, it very much depends on driving style. I have ridden with drivers who love to chop and hack at the wheel and then ridden at the same event with smooth drivers (in the exact same car) and both drivers will pull nearly the exact same times. The funny thing is the twitchy driver felt faster then the smooth one.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You hit the nail on the head there. Street tires, especially crap tires (which most people have) will make TONS of noise long before the limit. Just because you make some noise around a turn doesn't mean you are at the limit.

I am not familiar with other countries but in the US it is very easy and cheap to look up your local SCCA chapter and find a Solo 2 event to go to. You don't need any special licence and entry is $40 at the most and depending on how busy your region is you can get 4 runs or so. All you need to do is empty out the junk in your car, check your tire pressures and then show up. You don't need a sports car, hell people even AutoX in pickup trucks or rental cars. It is very safe, nearly impossible to get hurt or hurt the car (aside from TONS of tire wear). Even if you nail a cone. You will learn real quick what it is like to drive on the limit. The nice thing about AutoX vs track driving is a novice person can safely push the car way past the limit and still be safe.

http://www.scca.com/about/index.cfm?cid=44433

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

For those with motion rigs using X-Sim, there is a plugin created for Assetto Corsa to get motion data.

More info here: http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=773

One of the members driving AC with his motion rig

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well, I was right.

That video the steering wheel twitch is either induced or it was Wheel/FFB setting.

In this video there is no wheel twitch.

http://www.nogripracing.com/videos/view.php?id=10837

So if all that twitching was physics how is it so easily removed here with no setup options. HUH ?

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think the video above shows steering much closer to reality, especially the corners exits, that is all Ii said
    I thought the first video was too much twitching.

It was not me that objected to my point of view or started debating it or giving a lecture on how race cars handle .

ffs

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm loving AC, the apps thing is brilliant, ffb feels great, physics are decent, graphics are good....looking forward to the full game.

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

For people who wants to change car colors:

Download this zip it contains a bunch of skin folders - LINK
    extract to X:\AC_TechPreview\content\cars\lotus_elise_sc\skins

You should end up with a bunch of skin folders inside the skins folder that looks like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78148380@N05/8508806799/

To choose a skin in game on the drive section there is a preview of the car click the i button see pic
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78148380@N05/8509913676/

On the next screen click the round colour button at top of page and choose which color you want to use
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78148380@N05/8508806855/

This is a tutorial made by Steve Dean from pCars forum and credit goes to him.

10. Panigale

Panigale Banned

AC will certainly be a must buy, really enjoying it, but they have some work to do. One significant issue is the already mentioned dead zone on the straights (using a T500). I know ffb should be minimal but it is pure dead, e.g. sitting in a car when it isn't running or moving. FFB is also a bit muddy on the T500, however turning gain (in-game) to 70 or 75 helps. rF2 ffb never leaves, it adjusts as it should depending on what is happening so I feel engaged throughout the entire lap.

11. Golly

Golly Registered

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I'm sorry but I'm not a member on all those forums, I mainly play RF2 and pCARS and that's where I check to see news from those games. But feel free to post this tutorial where you want, just credit the guy who created it.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1, I totally agree, I cannot even understand compairing sims here, there are general forums for that, these are proper places for comparisons imho.

14. Jize

Jize Registered

this is a thread for rf2's biggest challenger. so: what else do if not discussing here those challengers?! - look over there in pcars forum. there is also a undersection for "other games", where ac and rf2 get discussed also intensively.
    i really dont like this attitude "here is overall forum for game x, no other mentioning of other games allowed" - this attitude is so out.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

...Yeah! and your butt is floppy.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

So are good manners it seems :p

17. Max

Max Registered

lol nikos, what kind of comment is that? IT's not good manners to talk about another sim here now according to you? Being in a bad mood and coming to these forums is not a good idea. Maybe time to turn out some laps instead.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Good manners is to accept someones opinion, especially when he says imho and not make comments about attitude.
    Do you think you really can sense mine or my mood? ;)

19. Max

Max Registered

see, I was talking about my mood, no one ele's.. lol :rolleyes:

20. Jos

Jos Registered

lol, AC joins steam greenlight and shortly after that iracing joins :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.