rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Every car does, even when we used to bring out a chevy Cavalier on the track to give customers a tour of the track, it would be driven real hard and require small corrections, especially on turn in to apex phase, not crazy stuff, im talking small but little ones, very dynamic, always little movements and mini tiny twitches from tyres/chassis, whatever. You should have seen when my driving instructor (ex open wheel guy) took us for a ride in it on a hard hot lap, he was getting oversteer on a chevy cavalier,100% stock, with 100% road tyres, not trying to get oversteer either, but he got it once on the lap un-expectedly, saved it though, ;).

Truly pushing a car hard like we do in sims, is much different to how most of us push a car in real life, even on a track. Everyone thinks they are pushing a car to its limits in real life and could have been an F1 driver in another lifetime, just because they feel a bit of understeer/oversteer, or hear some tyre squeel.

I will look for some onboard roadcar videos to show you, I will look for ones where real high end racecar drivers are truly pushing the limits, you will see its not so "sleepy" like these Assetto Corsa Elise physics :).

I still will buy the game though, and I know I will love it. Just being picky :)

0:48 - 1:40 (after that he slows down a lot)

Watch all the skill and correcting, car movement, car reactions, etc. under braking, initial turn in, mid corner, etc. THAT is how even a road car car handles and reacts when driven hard, THAT is similiar to videos (and my own experience) of other sims (not going to mention any names to start a war), that is NOT what seems to be happening in Assetto Corsa videos. Perfect example. I can find many more if you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Watch Jackie Stewart

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Geez at least post a video...

4. Hectari

Hectari Registered

5. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

you have a good thoughts of "all" (?!) "italians".
    And it's so sad reading similar words in an ambient of this type (sim fun)
    How am I supposed to be Italian and enter the forum of RF2 and read things like this?

Yes i'm italian, you can also have said the truth , i could also be Finnish, but i would have written the same thing.

The most 'incredible' thing is reading, or chance to do, a similar concept H E R E.

Really disappointed.

But let's back on rf2.. Nik

6. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

sorry but the girl driving the lotus seemed actually pretty relaxed in handling the car...imho i really like the feeling of ac and my csw... it seems fanatec is sponsoring somehow, so maybe csw is better supported....

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Bloody nora thats not safe, but what in the zeus's butthole does that have to do with Lotus Elise?

8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Seriously?

http://www.nomad4ever.com/2007/11/26/55-nations-stereotypes-that-will-ruin-or-make-your-day/

Primordialist interpretation of nationalism is admirable, but not very practical these days. That being said, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup. Exactly :). I saw more corrections in one corner in that video than the entire lap of AC, but to be fair we cant compare formula one cars to a road car lolol, thats why I posted the megane roadcar video above. Plus, I have seen an older video of F1 car in AC, and there was good movement, and corrections, so maybe its just an issue with the Elise? Hmmmm. Or maybe everyone isnt pushing the Elise hard enough in order to get these responses and reactions out of it?? Hmmmmmm

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

After giving AC a go earlier I wish ISI would redo rF2's whole menu and copied the 'apps' approach of AC. The menu is so much cleaner than rF2's with all the lowres images/textures. AC's apps system is so beautiful, elegant and functional. FF- and physics-wise I will wait for some proper car and track before making my final judgement. First impression of the Lotus: everything through the wheel feels dampened. But as others commented it's hard to really tell as the car is basically a roadcar.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Post a video
    Thanks mate :)

You see twitchy hands yes but not on exit of turns and much faster hands the AC video looked like FFB backlash to me.

Look how smooth here on corner exits and much bumpier track and fastest ever lap.

Lastly look at a Elise at bumpiest uneven circuit ............

Smooth as not a twitch lol

So imho "Every car does" is a bit of a stretch. ;)

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya I am full 100% Italian too, I think he might have been joking lol. If he was serious, then ya, thats pretty bad to say, and shame on him. Berlusconi and working on sunday comments is pretty funny though :).

Golanv, Kunos seems to be a very down to earth guy, I am sure he doesnt mean to keep us waiting, they are a group of passionate racing fans, they dont mean to piss us off, or who knows maybe they kept delaying it to build more excitement for marketing. Its clearly worked, some of the youtube videos have thousands of viewers after half a day, RF2 videos take a week to get views in the thousands.

??? Most of my entire post was saying under hard braking, corner entry, etc, not corner exits. Plus the nurburgring one is an ameteur driver, you think he is extracting close to full potential of the cars chassis and tyres under braking, turn in and rotation to apex phase? Please. Also, for the first video, we are talking road cars here.

Watch Megane video at the top (post #321)for car truly taken to its limits and proves my point, for more proof watch above senna video. Look at all the corrections and control of the cars movement under braking/corner entry/turn-in, right away at turns 1, 2 and 3 and you see it all throughout the video. That's what cars do when you REALLY push them under braking/corner entry/turn in.

13. 10speed

10speed Registered

Yes AC's menus are done in CSS which means you can customize them quite easily.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yeah I've followed his twitter and he seems to be a very funny bloke. That statement was more of an tongue-in-cheek stab at both of the companies (ISI and Kunos) for having release date for 2012 and that being not even close to reality. :p

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That video was no where near the limit of that car on that track.

I never said you just point it and forget.

I do not think the Elise in video should have even twitchier steering as suggested by another poster is all.

The corner exit twitchys look FFB or induced to add effect.

Plato said it is not even sorted yet he still drives it hands smooth ............

Fine poster says it should be alot more twitchy then the video , I say it should be less.

We disagree, I am shattered.

lol :)

16. Minibull

Minibull Member

I know this isn't really meant to be some form of sim comparison thread. To top it off, I haven't played NKP or AC and can't comment first hand on the driving.

It sounds like things have been tweaked with, to get cars that react very predictably. I can't figure it out when people are talking about the AC TD and are saying how they can feel the understeer well, find the limits, feel weight transfer that is so much better than XXXXX sim. I've been able to feel that in pretty much any decent sim I've driven. Course they do it in a bit of a different way, but the cars in each game are so different. GT cars and the way they drive is not the same as the 60's F1 cars, which is not like the ultra light Clios and Meganes, etc etc. You can't drive an Elise with road tyres and expect to compare to iRacing NASCAR stuff, or rF2's F2 cars.
    At the minute, the only cars I have in multiple sims would be...uh...GPL and rF2's 60's F1 cars...I can't think of any else XD

There was talk of NKP I remember reading, and the racing experience, being able to start to lose traction mid corner, find it again while running wide, doing all sorts of corrections, sliding, but still keep a decent laptime and not losing a bunch to the guys behind. Kinda ended up saying that you can run a different line in a corner and not lose time, unlike other sims where it was like there was only 1 line to run, and how that was boring and wrong.
    The point of difference for me was whether it was a planned line difference. You can't plan your line, lose it, run wide, to then expect to lose no time. If you plan to run deep though, square off the corner and then get a bit better drive, thats what works. To say a sim has it wrong because time is lost when making a mistake is just way wrong.
    Mistakes like that are what matters right at the top of racing, you must be perfect with your lines. I don't know how many MotoGP races I've seen where the top two riders have been right at each others heels for the whole race. When one mucks up a corner, the other one pounces and can gain a significant amount of time. It may only be having a small wobble which pushes the rider wide when he didn't want to, but it is enough.

It just seems like some of the people proclaiming that AC is the best sim are also the ones who complain about lazy spin syndrome in other sims, and say that the tyre model and slip curves are all wrong. After watching racing for so long, and seeing lazy spins happening so often....well yeah...seems pretty normal to me.
    Sorry if it sounds like bashing, I really don't mean it to be though. Just what I have observed on the internetz when it comes to physics and handling discussion. I'll probably end up buying AC eventually, or at the very least getting the proper demo. Just like I have LFS and RBR and GPL and the Simbin titles

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This! the applicaton menu in AC is some thing special! it is very clean and classy!
    the triple screen support in AC is just what I want in rF2!
    Said this, the dinamic illumination in rF2 is much better! the engine sound of the lotus is a bit disappointing!

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

DurgeDriven, I already said it in my response above (with Senna video for more proof) that I was talking about braking/entry/turn-in corrections and movement and stuff like that, and not talking about corner exit oversteer, I just threw in the oversteer part about the cavalier for part of my story thats all :)

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Doesn't it depend on the driver too, in terms of the way they go about their inputs. I thought Alonso was always very harsh with his inputs, like little wee stabs with the wheel. The way Senna used his throttle on exit was lumpy as. Some are smooth, some aren't. Jeeze, didn't some of the old drivers shuffle the wheel? XD

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Tried AC today. Very nice graphics, even stereoscopic 3D works (using 3Dvision, with some minor issues. rf2 is almost perfect). 5.1 surround sound works! (please ISI).
    BUT: i can't trust the physics. I couldn't even get the Lotus Elise to spin once ?! All aids were disabled. The Lotus must have the best correction system ever made, otherwise it is far from real. It feels like GT5 with better FFB. (driving the Lola at Lienz in rf2 was such a joy again)
    Another pro: Although i couldn't configure my clutch (so auto clutch was the only aid). Even using autoclutch, the clutch simulation is way better then rf2's (but this is known issue).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.