rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Oh did I say that outloud? Umm... yes, sorry about that.

2. geg

geg Registered

+1

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:rolleyes::confused:WT?!!
    However, after some laps with AC, I can say that it is very promising simulator! nice graphics, clean and professional IU, good performace with 60-65fps! very fluid.....
    The sound is disappointing!
    Great support for the triple screen setup-ISI where are you?!-!!!!
    This competition between AC and rF2 will improve both games, so good for us!

4. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Oh my God!

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Actually, first thing i noticed of the videos on youtube from AC was the clean information and so on. Wished RF2 redesigned the information a little bit to a more clean version, on the other hand, there is plugins in the end that surely fits a more cleaner feel to some information displayed.

Don't really like the font that isi is using ingame.

AC looks as good as CARS btw :)

6. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Assetto Corsa is quite good, the tires need 4-5 laps to warm up with the Lotus Elise before u can set proper laptimes.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Indeed.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please remember folks that I expect you to have the same feedback attitude with AC I would want you to have if you were talking about rFactor2. Don't make it personal with the devs, or each other. And - ranting posts which say absolutely nothing achieve absolutely nothing. :)

I've known the devs of AC almost as long as I've known Gjon, so be good. ;)

I'll also say again, sims released are mutually benefiting for each other. Not only do they spur on other devs (but you cannot react to what someone else is doing - you need your own path), but each sim has the capability to create sales for any other sim. Devs actually get on with each other, and no rivalry ever seems to exist, it really can't in this kind of industry, especially our niche section.

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

In todays world, niche market or not, the option to improve is more readily used by those who do compete. Unfortunatly in gaming industry its way too much the trend to make sales with name dropping.(for example the latest Alien game titled colonial marines, alot of prelaunch hype, after the fact, total rubbish.)
    The actual niche, in this case us sim racers, are the ones who with our more or less whiny voices let the industry know how much we love or hate their products, and then we make some reviews and make them lose money... or not.
    In case of sim racing, since we are treated with all these sims lately, I sure hope that they do learn from each other and dont do the WoW mistake, like Tim there elegantly put it, that copying is not the way to go.

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Great post.

11. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

I think that most simmers buy multiple sims Tim, you are right.
    But right now I feel like I'm not dedicated enough.
    That demo is out, but I don't have time till tomorrow, a nice birthday party and night out.
    Ah well, priorities priorities.. There is a simulated life and oh yeah, something else?

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

After initial observations of 10 or so videos.......

Physics look pretty natural and good, maybe slightly dull though, when really pushing there should be much more small mini corrections and steering movements, yes, even on a road car. Also, steering just after the very initial turn in, until the apex, seems very slow and un-responsive, almost like you are driving a 1950s cadillac (ive noticed this in every video so far, and ive watched about 10 already).

However, its very hard to judge in videos, but overall it looks very good, will be one of the best sims out! :)

13. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Spinnelli: It feels like a 50s cadillac in the turns when the tires are cold :)

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

hmmmm......interesting

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Wind noice in higher speeds atleast was realistic, it is loud like in real Elise, which was nice.
    Which Elise is this by the way? Elise, Elise CR or S ?

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

rF2 doesn't need our ffb, it is already very good!:)

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'd rather say all simulators need our feedback and support :)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I thought there was too many small "strained" movements almost like he was trying to do it. or the FFB is too reactive.

A car like Elise driven at that speed on a track wont have more tiny wheel twitches ?

You should be able to drive that car totally smooth hands miminal vibnrations or steering movement.

It is a street car ?

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Road car or not, when driven at the limit you don't just point it and forget it. I have made the exact same observation as Spinelli. It looks like the car is in auto pilot to some degree. Maybe people are running with aids in a bunch of these videos. I have installed AC on my race rig and will try to give it a run when I get home from work. Until then everything is just speculation based on lots of videos, many with bad drivers.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Plato tells you how the Lotus Elise S feels and behaves like.

...and Vicky shows some moves on Elise.

End of discussion. Which one is in the damn game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.