rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Open up a command prompt and open up pcars with the command "pcarslauncher.exe -b" then jump in the formula B. The physics of this tire is very close to what rF2 has.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Are you sure??? LOL. I tried it less than a month ago, its still garbage, but getting better.

3. Domi

Domi Registered

For me the point is that if you go to iRacing forums, nK, ISI, etc, you always find "Spinellis" (dont take me wrong mate, just an example) saying that "their" game is better than the rest and very very close to real cars, using their real racing exp to justify the arguments.

Conclusion, play whatever you enjoy :D

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Well, the difference is that here you can read users writing "their sim" is better than rF2, and this proves that ISI is an open minded team and that the average rF2 user is not a "scientology like" kind of sim racer.

I am very proud for the maturity of the average rF2 user (just yesterday i did read something as -we vs other sims- in a forum of a race sim, as a sort of "scientology like" philosophy).

Last, what is strange if the forum here is visited by rF users happy for the product?
    Cant understand.

5. Miro

Miro Registered

I've got my own theorie on thees things.

As a kid in school you have to learn things. And we've got 4 different learning types based on the sense organs that are involved in learning, therefore, we speak of auditory, visual, communicative and motor learning types.

Some learn better if they read themself, some if they write it, some if they just listen to somebody and some if they just talk about the stuff.

In racing it's the same with other senses included and therefore you've got different opinions when real racers or simracers drive different sims. Every real racer has a basic knowledge about racing he leared in racing schools or on the track.
    Of course all the senses of a racer are devoloped above the average guy but one sense will still be better then the a other. This could be visual, motor or whatever. If all the senses are very good we speak about a complete driver but he will still have one ability which is better developed then his others.

I worked as a carmechanic and I still can hear when a wheel bearing is defect while the average guy doesn't even recognise anything.

Then we have simulations where we agree that thoose are not arcade games but simulations as they simulate different aspects of racing like in real live. But some simulations are better let's say in graphics and some are better in FFB and so on.
    Nowadays the sims are pretty good and try to simulate a lot real live stuff but some still have the edge in different aspects.

Then we have all the different kinds described above of real live racers or sim racers which depend on different things when racing a sim. This simracers for example claims XXX is the best sim because it has the best whatever, let's say wheight transfer feeling, and he likes this sim most but on the other hand comes the second simracer who says the sim YYY is the best because there is something else better. He even does not need to know why exactly but he still feels or sees it.

That's my own theorie why some likes X better and some Y.
    Of course if you take a scientific aproach you might find out which things are the most important for the majority of simracers but as long as you are not going to devolop a sim why would you do that.

The worst kind is then the fanatic fanboy dude which is totaly closed minded to any other opinion and sees his own as the "absolute one and only right one". There the discussion just stops and a war starts lol.
    These guys are also barely able to devolop them self as a human beeing and to learn but learning in live never stops.

2c

Cheers

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I'm a scientology sim racer.

Joke.

Seriously, i still think that the rf2 biggest challenger is... rf2, but, i think we can use this topic to/for "learn" about what other sims can contribute in diferent aspects to rf2 to make it better, read: graphics, sound, ffb, user "friendlyness", etc, instead, as other members say above, a sim racer war.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

AC Tech review is available! 250MB

8. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

yes.. and the first reactions are promising!
    1 hour working left for me - but then... :)

9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Same here!!! 1 hour, plus traffic= 1:30

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yep I understand what you are saying, no offense taken :).

I would like to point out though, that I didn't say that one sim is the best, but rather the opposite, that one sim ISN'T the best, and that one sim, just like every other sim, has it's own physics flaws/areas of physics that feel wrong/area of physics that don't seem as good as another sim's physics in that same exact area/area of physics that just feel not complex enough/too compromising/too forgiving/too un-forgiving, etc. :)

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

On that note:
    "Help us make Assetto Corsa bug free!
    Learn moreā€¦"

Release an open beta you idiots.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As long as they don't estimate a duration for it. ;)

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Nice one :D

There is some videos on youtube but can not say much about the actual gameplay based on those videos...

RF2 has had strong community support (which AC have not used) in bringing the game foward so I would be suprised if somebody thinks that AC is better at this point (in other areas than graphical aspects).

14. 10speed

10speed Registered

Customers will only ask for this when they feel there is no progress. Although there is only 1 car and 1 track AC feels almost complete in what it does.

15. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Just tried AC. First impressions are that it is solid but little bit uninspiring. But don't take me wrong, it probably is because utterly boring car and track. Give me any vintage car and I can easily say if the driving model is worth it. Other than that, as I said, it is solid thing. UI is very nice and functional, there is well thought way of getting extra information of stuff when in car (the menu bar in the right). Graphics are nice and I didn't have any performance issues compared to rF2 (one car, one track and everything maximized). No buggy shadows and reflections, no odd FPS drops or gains various parts of the track.

Nice and well done, but driving itself I am not yet sure... cant feel anything with such car as Lotus Elise.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Competition will definitely be just a good thing for rf2.

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

They already estimated things wrong twice when it comes to Assetto Corsa, and I am not supriced, they are Italian after all, their prime minister is a mafia boss and its illegal to work on sundays, which makes them as efficient as French postal service who are trying to deliver my wheel back to me, on a canoe. BUT its not all bad, they are trying between lunch breaks and that matters.
    So it is ok to estimate wrong, it is ok to make a promise and not keep it, as long as you come up with something that is worth the disappointment and the painstakingly long wait.

I honestly do not think that AC will ever be as Good as rF2, but it may be a good second. If they do get a strong community input and support, it just might confuse them to think that people actually know what they want, and ruin the whole thing. Since its not easy to be always wrong, and being told by 10 000 anonymous experts that what you are doing is ruining their lives.
    I'm sure that Tim could tell some stories that would divert the most devout and opinnionated sim veterans morning coffee in to the wrong pipe.

Of course as a customer and a sim consumer I wish all the best to the two most promising newcomers, rF2 and AC. I am narcissistic enough to say that hopefully you create the most entertaining sims for me to enjoy, and keep me entertained till I get bored, but if I would have to place my bets, I would go with the rF2 because of ISI's record alone.

18. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I just tried AC as well. Never got into NKPro but i used 5 Bucks because i was very curious what all the fuzz is about.

Honestly? To me, its nothing special. It looks nice, but so does PCars. Physics wise, its "ok" but again, nothing that blows me away.. i might be a little biased towards rF2 and this is just a "technology demo", but for me, it is a long way from being a challenger to rF2. Just cant see how it will get close to rF2 with its dynamic weather / realroad.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm assuming that was humor. Please don't throw around comments against a specific group of people.

20. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Just a little underwhelmed here with A/C
    From the Buzz that's been created in the various forums and on Youtube, A bit of a damp Squib :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.