rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I did it! I bought NKP for only 4.99euro only to try this tech demo of AC!
    From BSNismo:

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

pS: I love rF2, but that wont avoid me to love AC too! they both will be great simulatore! Go ISI and Go Kunos:)

3. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yes great idea... then the screenshots will look larger! They are tiny!

They're not even postcard worthy!

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

btw F40 doesnt look plastic to me, IT IS ;)
    (learn your facts gents "The body was also made of composite materials employed in Ferrari’s Formula 1 program, in this case a Nomex, Kevlar, and carbon-fiber weave.")

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

What bothers me is that there is no pedulum effect from powerslide in Elise that has weight distribution 38/62% which itself really tell the car handling per se, but that car does kick back from powerslide when you lift like that thats for sure.
    Also that plasticy look is a turnoff, but I'm sure its something that can be remedied.
    Other than that, looks decent. Nothing that I wouldnt have seen already in a sim, and rF2 is missing only the reflections to look the same so...
    If they keep this up, hopefully we get the Gran Turismo of the PC. I'm not holding my breath that they can match the rF2, but looks like could be alot of fun to drive and drift some roadcars for a change.

Edit: ...And something better than that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wp3T7WnEI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P1SXNF7BFQ&list=UU7h8IKk6BgRhGv3ud9qUx2g&index=17

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

LOL Drake would be furious..

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Who is Drake? :confused:

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

google it lol

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ok, sorry, put Ferrari in your search too ;)

10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

:D It's my favourite supercar of all time and i love the plastic windows most of them have.

When i was a kid i was at a Ferrari track day and there were 2 F40s there, was absolutely blown away by them and one ended it's day early with a blown engine on the start finish straight with more smoke coming out of it than i've ever seen!

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

There is (was?) an F40 in my country here, it belongs (ed?) to one of our legents in rally driving, it looked plastic, it felt plastic and it was plastic :D

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Fanplastic! :D

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol, F40 is one of my favs ever, it was a difficult beast to drive though, turbo and all, as Jigger (our legent) said.

15. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Absolutely :)

Although I am involved in a pretty awesome rF2 league F1 at the moment...

- Pit Stops
    - Changeable tire textures in the race...so you can see what opponents are using.
    - Changeable weather, driving line and combinations of those.
    - White lines are "slippery" so careful in the wet...Melbourne tonight.....could be hell.
    - Proven Netcode

AC will not be coming out with all of the above (hoping the netcode is ROCK SOLID), so until than...I am happy...

Which means...only awesome sauce to look forward to in the future :)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

The only car i would have over an F40, is the prototype that went on to become the F40:

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I have had a Canadian national karting champion, has won in Star Mazda, has raced and won in super highly competitive world karting events all around the world including some of the top ones in Italy, has had tests with Toyota Atlantic, etc, tell me that the Star Mazda in iracing from YEARS ago when iracing was still pretty new, was perfect and just like the real thing, INFACT, he would never want to touch the setup because he would always say that it was perfect the way it was, and he was FAST.

Do you see where I'm getting at here? :)

2 Questions/Answers....

1. Why do I have faith in AC, even though NKP was the only sim, out of ALL SIMS, that I couldn't stand and couldnt drive?

Because they are NOT using an updated NKP physics engine, but rather a brand new one from scratch!

2. Why do I have faith in AC, even though NKP was the only sim, out of ALL SIMS, that I couldn't stand and couldnt drive?

Because they are NOT using an updated NKP tyre model, but rather a brand new one from scratch!

Now do you still think NKP was so perfect (assuming you couldn't tell it wasn't before)??? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  19. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

One of the rF1 leagues I'm in has a handful of 'real drivers'...and they say the mod we run is the best feeling sim car they've ever driven. And they own a few sims. So what point are you trying to get at here?

Out of all the sims I've ever driven, everytime I picked up nKp or iRacing it felt like I had to relearn how to drive a car. Most of the other sims I just got in and went, felt natural from the beginning. Can someone explain to me why that is?

20. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Some reply on youtube. Guess this guy seems this is a challenger. Some people are really delusional, good for a laugh though :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.