[rF2 Asia Series] Poll - "rF2 in Asia Deserves a Bigger Grid"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

[​IMG]

Hi guys.

With the completion of 4 rounds of races in our ISI Formula Masters and 6 rounds for the ISI Formula Renault 3.5 Championship,
    and before the start of the new DW12 Championship soon, we would like you to participate in a quick poll to know what the racers want.

So we can build a better place for us all rf2ians in this region to compete together.

"rF2 in Asia Deserves a Bigger Grid"

http://goo.gl/forms/H6SwBx7bXQ

Hope to hear from you guys. Thank you.

2. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I read your poll and seems you need to know what people want from a league, and I will write here what I think you need to succeed as league, as I was admin of a fairly big and spanish community.

"Spam" is the key... do not stop updating facebook, updating your league forum, making simple but good looking videos with a good video card (not need to use music or editings, updating pole laps and race fights is enough), allways with your logo.

While I did It in my league, It worked, I can ensure you, need time but It works, the problem is... the time It takes from your own real life week. I was 2 years working on that and I had to leave beacuse of study, so many hours in photoshop updating event images, editing and organizing forum threads, one thread for every race with all info, threads for rules, moderating forums, race incidents, updating Facebook with race info, fun facts, encouraging people to compete against us and uploading server hotlaps weekly in Facebook, updating championship scoring in forum and facebook, posting in blog and facebook post-race comments, encouraging people to post their race impressions in a post race thread (we had a great success with this), posting race screenshots in facebook, spamming race screenshots in ISI forums, posting rF2 news in your Facebook sharing ISI's posts and making your own comments in your entry, sharing motorsport news or just most funny videos about real racing, making the pole lap videos, making of the fastest race lap video, making the best fights of the race video, sometimes I also did highly edited highlights videos (HOURS OF WORK).

Oh, and organize a whole championship with It's specific and solid regulations.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

"Just" that, high admin, web, and facebook activity makes your league to grow and get driver activity. In my league, spanish as only language we managed to achieve 2 simultaneous championships at same time with +15 drivers in the easy one, and +24 in the hardcore champ (80 mins races and really high skill), with Italian and German drivers, they liked It even when they had problems to understand spanish. For 2 years we worked great with rF2, we are now with 0 activity because of lack of activity from admins and me (I have no time now...).

I will PM you with some example of media that worked for us while we worked on It.

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

If we just had some kind of platform like iRacing, this har work would not be needed really.

Now when we have +connect options and so on, maybe someone will make a good place to hang for us all ISIans.

4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I asked for that so many times here in the forum... options to make automated servers and tools for event and championship management, all ingame. This game should be oriented to online activity and tools now that content and core reached a really high level of detail.

5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Hi Esteve, thank you for the all the nice tips. I can say that i have done it all when i was managing a local league during the rf1 time. Yes...especially the hours doing the highlight vids ahaha.

Now its doing it with a new one and with the help of the guys around it hopefully we can do something similarly osum this time :)

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Poll responses summary so far. Thanks guys :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]