[rF2 Asia Series] OnWheelsTV 12 Hour of Bathurst

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Jun 23, 2015.

1. middels8088

middels8088 Registered

Took me half an hour to download the missing components tho :p

The thing that i'm worried right now is the ping. I went and test out their server and found out that I am getting 450ms ping, which is higher than the permitted 400ms written in the rulebook. I wonder is there anything we can do about it since many of us are from Malaysia and would probably get such ping due to how the internet is routed.

2. gornes

gornes Registered

Yeah, I am worried, too, just now got like 270, but with all the drivers I am sure it might be spiking. If they are really gonna stick to this rule, there might be problems. And I am sure some teams from like Europe might get that too.

3. middels8088

middels8088 Registered

The Noon server seems to have much lower ping than the dawn server. (around 300+, similar to our servers) Hopefully the race would be hosted on that server instead.

EDIT: http://www.onwheelstv.com/rfactor/b...the-onwheelstv-12-hours-of-bathurst-by-neobr/

Driver swaps for Megane has been fixed. I guess the Megane team should do some practice at the official server that has the fix. That probably explains the need to download a newer version thru their servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  4. gornes

gornes Registered

I can see there is a new post but cannot load page 9, it stays at 8 lel

edit: what? now can load it but it's just this post. epic troll

5. middels8088

middels8088 Registered

The forums has been bugging on me throughout the day. :eek: Since that post mysteriously went missing, I shall repeat what I said.

I got about 300+ ping on the noon server, which is much better than the dawn server that got me around 450ms ping. Hopefully they would be using the server with lower ping instead.

http://www.onwheelstv.com/rfactor/b...the-onwheelstv-12-hours-of-bathurst-by-neobr/

The organisers patched the Megane to allow for driver swaps. Probably try that out at their servers.

6. gornes

gornes Registered

Anyway, this time the hot swap worked only when the engine was switched off and the gear was in neutral, just like it was described, at least for me and Liang in Megane, not osure how about guys in Nissan.

7. middels8088

middels8088 Registered

The forums has been bugging on me throughout the day. :eek: Since that post mysteriously went missing, I shall repeat what I said.

I got about 300+ ping on the noon server, which is much better than the dawn server that got me around 450ms ping. Hopefully they would be using the server with lower ping instead.

http://www.onwheelstv.com/rfactor/b...the-onwheelstv-12-hours-of-bathurst-by-neobr/

The organisers patched the Megane to allow for driver swaps. Probably try that out at their servers.

8. gornes

gornes Registered

Now I know why the forum acted this way.
    Looks like Ed is having problems with posting, which is pretty weird, just got a PM from him:

"The forums is bugging my posts and restricting me from posting in the thread, needing the mods to approve my post to only allow it in the thread.

All I have to say is that the organisers patched the Megane and fixed the driver swap problem. So maybe try it out at their servers later on.

Cheers
    Edward Wong"

I thought the same before, next time we should test hot swap on the event server.

9. Jän Hahn Liang

Jän Hahn Liang Registered

noted, thanks gornes and Wong.

10. yoss

yoss Registered

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thanks for the info Gornes. That explains why the brief reminds us to assign the ignition button.

Yup...the ping worries me. Hope they can use the 300 ping slot for race day.

And read the clause abt rejoining - irrepairable damage means race over.

They shudve allow rejoin with fresh car with time penalty....just to encourage finishing the race. imho.

12. gornes

gornes Registered

To be honest, reading all the rules makes it kinda scary, needs a perfect driving etc.
    We need to be aware especially of some certain points coz the may seem silly but violating them seems to bring serious consequences.

3.2*Attend the free practice during the week, at least once.

5.6*Cut or step on the pit white line (exiting): 5-second penalty to be added to the total race time. Considering the amount of times the driver cut the line, the time penalties will be added to the total race time. When the driver takes a dangerous
    conduct on track for cutting the pit white line, hurting others, he will be punished according to article 1.9 of the regulation.

5:12*Using the "CHAT" during classification or official race, save only in the event of Button already pre-configured for warning: "Pit Entry"; "Pit Exit"; "Overtaking motion indication" – 5-second penalty, added to the driver's total race time;

5.15.2*The car must be driven to the pits during the Qualifying session - *using ESC will only be allowed after entering the PIT LANE. The non compliance of this rule will result in DQ from Qualify;

And this, it happened to me before lol. Since Megane is going pit quite a lot, we will need inform the active driver on what's happening in the pits:

5.20*It is forbidden to PIT STOP in case there is another driver occupying the specific PIT LANE spot. The driver pitting is forbidden to push the driver doing his PIT STOP. The non compliance of this rule will result in a 30-second penalty, to be added to the final race result.

Not sure how strict they are, as I've never raced with them.

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Indeed they are scary....as we usually do race-and-forget fun run...buttseck-and-apologise-gentlemen league races.

but no choice. will haf to try to abide as best as we can :p

14. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Yes "gulp". You were thinking this would be easy?

15. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Yes "gulp". You were thinking this would be easy? All of this is on top of avoiding the walls, passing slower drivers or letting faster drivers through, multiple pit stops, changing light affecting vision of braking points etc etc

16. Nazirull Safry Paijo

*gulp

17. gornes

gornes Registered

I am all for the rules, it's just I haven't been following some of these for a long time, and then it's hard to change old habits, I guess they call it muscle memory :). I've seen worse. In the very beginning I joined one league, they had rules, strict ones. I exceeded speed limit in pit line in a trainer in rF1, no speed limiter, in a practice race before even being allowed to enter official race. Result was 2 week ban from racing. You can't beat that haha

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Thats akin to decapitation for peeing in a toilet without turning on the lights.

Btw...taking early dinner and a short nap before the quali (if my cat behaves)

19. gornes

gornes Registered

This! dashboard reflected in the windshield is the worst, quite realistic though.

Btw, when I entered their server last night, it was getting cloudy there, and I wondered if there would be some rain. It it rains, it's gonna be quite interesting hehe.

20. gornes

gornes Registered

Good idea, and make sure the cat is away from the keyboard later *rrun