rF2 Anticipations for the rest of 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Nev

Nev Registered

Offline championship builder !

2. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I´m expecting more btcc cars, oulton park, bahrain, maybe another imsa track, something happening with the CS after jimmi´s survey and of course, more enemies of the simulation :D

3. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

My wish list:
    • proper ranked racing
    • support for ingame voice chat through discord
    • latest tyres specs to all cars, and for modders
    • FPS optimizations (higher FPS for esports and lower spec systems, ideally to Assetto Corsa levels)
    • "arrive and drive" in ranked competitions (allow to join and ongoing session before the race, reduce/eliminate the time for qualy/practice in each session, etc.)

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It seems more like a wish list than an expectation list.
    sales are the best expectations of what people want, especially when it sells or doesn't sell...
    my wishes are more clues whatever they are and repair of errors, the vehicle thing is a joke
    my expectations will be a little disappointed with what's coming,... so they better surprise us like with the sounds:)

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

@juanchioooo we're not going to be allways surprised with something big. Right now my wishes is that all those things implemented this year get a refinement and performance optimization. Also i would like some bugs to be definitely corrected, like the temperatures, rF2 not closing after going online, faster content installing, etçª

Binny likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I agree with you 100%, but more than wish, I hope that studio 397 surprises me;)

Binny and Rui Santos like this.
  7. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

All those who document themselves on rFactor 2 have a certainty on what will happen at the same time as hypotheses that one can imagine according to the words of S397 or what seems to be their priorities.

All I can say is that I strongly wish the following things would be a priority for S397 from now on, but that's just a wish, the truth is probably far away :

1) Improved physics engine or anything that can improve driving realism.

2) In coherence with 1, update systematically and not over a period of 5 years all S397 cars, especially on the physics part (tires, etc.)
    An update of sounds and graphics is a plus, but seems less of a priority to me.

3) Improvement/optimization of graphics engine and software performance (urgent !) :
    VR, rain, day/night, number of AI, maximum consistency in the performance of the various official content, etc.

4) Certainly less of a priority but important for me, the offline experience (AI,....).

If they prioritize these things (among other things, like the multiplayer experience), it's won. Won for them, won for us.

8. Binny

Binny Guest

A better experience out of the box, finish off the yr 2022 last quarter with bug fixes, optimization across the whole sim in all areas, all content to be updated to the same level.

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

For one thing, I definitely didn't anticipate latest improvement unlocking dynamic temperatures. I thought though that there will be somethign about physics, I guessed it might be some wet physics improvement. But perhaps this Real Road 2.0 thing might branch out into more cool things.

10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

real road 3.0 (or 2.5) can bring weather affects engine performance and aero performance.
    the more variables in driving the difficult it is to drive consistently...challenges of driving a real car.
    electronic physics have been receiving massive updates
    like P2P, weight jacker, now realistic tc and abs (with working onboard traction lights...hopefully all appropriate content receives those *cough* m4 class 1 *cough* ).

New tyres are going good so far, but i would actually like to see improvements to core model itself, whatever S397 think will add big impact on driving realism.

aero model too missing some effects that is very important for many modern race cars.

suspension/chassis side got tender springs which i'm quite hyped about, if they are adjustable , that would add even more fun to tinker with setups and ofcourse more realistic driving experience.
    more suspension/chassis side improvements are always welcome.