rF1 to rF2 conversion, graphical issue

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by 2slow4u, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

The refmap0 needs to be made by the track maker for each track. If its not the refmap0 will not work. Plus it will only work for the objects the track maker chooses. But if your using a cube map you need to let it know which mapper to use for reflecting.

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yep. I know that but it's not a track the threads talking about.
    You don't make a rfmap0 for a car. You do however turn it on or off for the car.

I've used "bump, cube, specular map add alpha reflect t1" on the body. As long as like Nibiru has said, the rfmap0 must be in and working in a tracks construction for it to work correctly.
    This is the end result of how I've set it up.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtU8Nezhr6BNyisYpVJbtNitHZf-
    The Keihin sponsored car has chrome under the light blue line. It's reflecting the road surface if you look closely.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You will get a reflection but not be of what it should unless the track maker does the below

This is out of the track tech PDF

Code:
    Real-time dynamic reflections (cars) – REFMAP0
    This is the name of the reflection mapper that cars use for real-time, dynamic reflections. To create
    it, use the “Reflection Mapper” panel of the export plugin. In the “Reflection Mapper:” dropdown,
    type in “REFMAP0” and hit the enter key. This mapper should now appear if you unroll the
    dropdown. REFMAP0 doesn’t require anything other than the user telling it how often to update, the
    map size and which objects should be reflected. Typical values to set are:
    Update Rate: 100.00
    Tex Size Slider: 512
    “Cubic” Radio Button: Set
    In the “Reflector Instances:” portion of the roll-out, set:
    “Normal” Radio Button: Set
    “Reflected” Radio Button: Set
    “Include” Radio Button: Set
    Now, click the “select list” button located next to the instance list, and start multi-selecting the
    objects you want to be reflected by REFMAP0. Now, when you export the .SCN file, you should have
    something similar to this:
    ReflectionMapper=REFMAP0
    {
     Type=Cubic
     TextureSize=(512)
     UpdateRate=(100.000)
     StaticSwitch=(100.000)
     TrackingIns=True
     IncludeIns=SkyBoxi
     IncludeIns=RaceSurface_01
     IncludeIns=RaceSurface_02
    }

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Not if your makung a skin but when setting up the material with a cube you need to assign the mapper and tick live mapping.
    So if you bring the model into a 3d program then you need to make the map so you can assign the map. All the material needs is to know which mapper to look for in the track scn

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

You went somewhere offcourse ;)
    He doesnt have a problem of adding reflections, he has a problem of having to much reflections.
    As you can even see on the screen ingame he posted, he is testing the car on silverstone.
    And you actually dont really need to assing the mapper, atleast not in 3dsimed but you need to add live mapping/reflections up what he clearly has. Im using 3dsimed to and i never had a problem like 2slow4u has but i never used that shader thought for anything wich is probably the cause especially when you want reflections to be controled by grayscale T1.
    D.painter mentioned a shader "bump, cube, specular map add alpha reflect t1" wich was usually the main one in rf1 for the bodys and that one still works properly, maybe 2slow4u should test that one, its similar to the body material just without the damage and those textures that so or so dont work.

6. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

I was hoping to be able to avoid to redo all materials with different shaders, but in the end I resigned myself to the idea, and finally get some results.

[​IMG]

greyscale reflect is DEVIL, or maybe, I'm simply unable to control...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Flaux and UnitedRacingDesign like this.
  7. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Well that looks good :)

2slow4u likes this.
  8. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

That's half the fun! Haha...
    Playing around with the shaders, Setting up wild card that aren't originally.

Anyway, it's coming along.

2slow4u and UnitedRacingDesign like this.
  9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

oops...I do that when racing too:rolleyes:

UnitedRacingDesign likes this.