rF1 causing stutters in rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeyk1985, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Hi all,

Just wanted to tell everyone, I had great, smooth performance in rF2, untill I reinstalled rF1. I imeadiately played rF2 and the stutters came back. I deleted rF1 and sure enough, they were gone. Looks like something conflicting seeing as they are heavily related products.

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Seems a bit unlikely, they would have to running at the same time...and thinking about it I have accidentally done that and rF2 was running fine...Must be coincidence. After all most of us here are still playing rF1 as well as rF2.

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Non-sense...

4. SVO

SVO Registered

Strange. I have about 5 installations of rF1 on my machine with the one rF2 and I don't have any stutters at all. This is a non-sli setup with a nvidia 570.

5. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Describe what troublesome relationship you think there might be.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Seems unlikely Rf1 should affect RF2 but who knows Not sure if its of any help but I will list all the basic things I can think of.

1) Make sure hard drives are all de-fragmented

2) Make sure you have at least a couple of gig space on all your disks especially you windows disk

3) Could try changing render frames ahead settings
    ( http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/762/masskq2.jpg)

4) Could try reinstalling graphic drivers , or trying different ones

5) Could try reinstalling sound card drivers

6) Test different graphics settings to see if this reduces stutter your pc might just be under load from something else

7) check if other applications have changed , for example antivius or fire wall.

8) could do a system roll back/ restore and see if that fixes the issue

9) reinstall Direct X

10) could try reinstalling RF1 to a different drive see if that affects it

11) could try setting cpu affinity when running RF2 see if that has any effect

12) could try running it in compatibly mode

RF1 used to brake my graphics card I don't think this happens with new graphics cards but the issue I used to have was that the memory on my graphics card would go crazy with a full crash. Over time this made my graphics card worse and would then caused issues in other games.

Hope that's of help , don't mean to come across as condescending you probbaly know all the above and just want a response from ISI I just though I would list everything I could think of incase you had not thought of it

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
  7. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Well, they both use the same engine and alot of the same code don't they. I must admit my initial post was a bit strong, I should of written I believed it was a conflict, not that it was a fact.

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Thanks for the constructive reply mate :)

9. MJP

MJP Registered

I have plenty of rF1 installs but of course they were all installed before the rF2 ones.

The fact that the rF2 stutters disappear when you uninstall rF1 tends to point away from some of James's suggestions apart from the DirectX one (imo of course).

I know both rF1 and 2 come with the DX runtimes that they require. After installing rF1 it might be worth rerunning the 'DXSetup.exe' in the rF2 'Support\DirectX' folder.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Indeed it would be dx issue.
    rF1 installation tries to install DX9 but it is not newest possible build for sure. I didn't checked what build of DX9 is installed by rF2, because I skipped this stage. I always use the latest, complete DX9 package distributed by Microsoft

11. Maug

Maug Registered

Are you suggesting that rf1 installed an old directx? Cuz that's not possible, it only updates if it finds older components.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Older versions of DirectX do not install over newer versions. It's not possible like Maug said ^

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It should be like you say.
    But it is the only thing which may affect rF2.